V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 28, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #5,657 of 23,366
Did anyone die? I received a report about a delayed headphone. 
tongue.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #5,658 of 23,366
Hey all,

I understand that it can be annoying when people ask questions that have been answered dozens of times before, but I HAVE read many, many pages of the forum for weeks now, and I still havent seen any pictures of what the "Shadow" colour combination looks like. It's the last thing i want to figure out before I order them. I know that the Matte Black will be... well, completely matte black. But is the shadow the same colour layout as the M-80's? Does anyone have a picture of what it looks like? I'd really appreciate it.

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #5,659 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey all,

I understand that it can be annoying when people ask questions that have been answered dozens of times before, but I HAVE read many, many pages of the forum for weeks now, and I still havent seen any pictures of what the "Shadow" colour combination looks like. It's the last thing i want to figure out before I order them. I know that the Matte Black will be... well, completely matte black. But is the shadow the same colour layout as the M-80's? Does anyone have a picture of what it looks like? I'd really appreciate it.

OK this calls for another summary post.
Current iteration of the M-100

^ Compares the size of the case/folded M-100 and an iPhone 4

Older versions of the M-100

^ Credit goes to Currawong for the photo

^ Credit goes to SpiderNhan for the photo

The M-100 is expected to sell for around $300 USD.

Pre-order
The VTF-100 (a very limited first release of the M-100) can be pre-ordered for $310 USD here.
Quote:
... What exactly comes with the VTF-100 is also a FAQ (extra accessories-wise).

Custom shields for one, case, cork and faders.  Package you can keep forever by taking off outer sleeve.

Quote:
Quantity
So far we have received a lot of pre-orders, so we will limit it to ~99 more!  It is pretty exciting. We have a lot of orders in Tokyo too, so we need to allocate some there after the next 99.
A: We are seeing a clearer best/worse case date range internally and it is coming soon, but it all depends on the sign-off on ALL reliability engineering tests.  Quality is #1 and we are finishing the testing in both real life and lab tests.  I did a lot of beta DJ testing the last few weeks and had no issues with extreme usage.
Sound
It's passing our standards now, we have upped our "yield" to 80%.  I'll be most interested to hear feedback! It definitely "kicks with clean clarity", if I could describe it in words.  

-v

^ To clarify what a "cork" is, it's just a cover/plug that you can put in the other earcup port of the M-100 since there are two ports for headphones (similar to the Beats Pro headphone)

^^ To clarify what "Faders" are, they are tuned earplugs that *theoretically* reduces the volume of everything around you evenly by 12dB. Official product page can be found here.

Of the three cable options that V-MODA offers (Android compatible, Apple compatible, SharePlay), all three are expected to be bundled with the VTF-100; this was somewhat clarified in this post, as well as mentioned in older posts.

Expected shipping for the VTF-100 is September-early October (thanks to Craigster75 for clarifying)

Custom Shields
*NOTE: the shield colour you choose on V-MODA's website is what your custom artwork will be engraved on
(e.g. if you choose a red shield colour, your design will be laser engraved on that shield)*

Most questions related to the custom shields can be answered by reading this.
...or if you have more questions relating to shields and/or shield designs, please post them here.

Default Headphone Colour Schemes
Shadow vs matte black respectively

White/silver vs matte black respectively

Cables and Cable Colours
Quote:

SpeakEasy 1-button cable

Shadow
White silver
Matte black
Cable color
Black
Cool grey 8c/11c
Orange 1595C

SharePlay cable

Shadow
White silver
Matte black
Cable color
Black + Red
Cool grey 8c/11c
Black

The third cable (Apple compatible) is expected to be bundled by default with the M-100, but the official colours have not been announced yet.

SharePlay™ cable (also shows the red and orange cables)

Cable colour for the white/silver

SpeakEasy 1-button cable

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #5,662 of 23,366
Quote:
decided to cancel, will just order of amazon.co.uk 

plan on waiting an extra few weeks, if not months for amazon uk to get them.  Val has already said that both the US and Japan distributors wanted his entire stock, so he had to figure out how to distribute, not sure where that leaves our British friends.

PS - I will believe the date when I hear it from Val.  I am in the same boat as the rest that it's frustrating to not have good info, but I have to imagine that facebook isn't Val, but a customer service team which may or may not know what's up.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #5,663 of 23,366
Quote:
PS - I will believe the date when I hear it from Val.  I am in the same boat as the rest that it's frustrating to not have good info, but I have to imagine that facebook isn't Val, but a customer service team which may or may not know what's up.

As Val is the CEO of V-Moda, V-Moda's Facebook page is an extension of V-Moda's marketing and the customer service team reports to Val (or someone one or two pay grades below Val), I would say it is highly unlikely that the customer service team operates on an island of their own and has not been clearly directed what to say and what not to say, at least I would expect that to be the case.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #5,664 of 23,366
there should be "open" shields with grills so that if someone wants to use an open m100 at home hehe... assuming the inside cups are empty :p

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #5,667 of 23,366
Quote:
As Val is the CEO of V-Moda, V-Moda's Facebook page is an extension of V-Moda's marketing and the customer service team reports to Val (or someone one or two pay grades below Val), I would say it is highly unlikely that the customer service team operates on an island of their own and has not been clearly directed what to say and what not to say, at least I would expect that to be the case.

Like it or not, this is the price we pay for insider information, when you get it direct from the CEO, you can't then turn to the staff in his absence and have confidence in their ability to answer.  I have never worked for a company that had the info that the CEO knows going directly down to the worker bees on a continual basis, even small companies.  Yes, he is responsible for what they say...that doesn't mean they know what they are talking about  (maybe they do, but if it was that definitive I am confident we would have a date from Val right here.)

As examples:  2-3 days after Val told us that Faders were one of our bonuses, the customer support e-mailed me that the VTF-100 did not include Faders.  Hours or days after Val said that he did not yet have a date which he was sure the pre-orders would be released, customer support was giving set schedules via e-mail to other members. At the end, there is a group of folks doing their best with limited information, sometimes more limited than ours.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #5,669 of 23,366
Quote:
Like it or not, this is the price we pay for insider information, when you get it direct from the CEO, you can't then turn to the staff in his absence and have confidence in their ability to answer.  I have never worked for a company that had the info that the CEO knows going directly down to the worker bees on a continual basis, even small companies.  Yes, he is responsible for what they say...that doesn't mean they know what they are talking about  (maybe they do, but if it was that definitive I am confident we would have a date from Val right here.)

As examples:  2-3 days after Val told us that Faders were one of our bonuses, the customer support e-mailed me that the VTF-100 did not include Faders.  Hours or days after Val said that he did not yet have a date which he was sure the pre-orders would be released, customer support was giving set schedules via e-mail to other members. At the end, there is a group of folks doing their best with limited information, sometimes more limited than ours.

That's fine.  If there is a lack of communication, I certainly don't blame the staff.  They have been courteous, professional and share the information that is available to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back