V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 22, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #5,311 of 23,366
 My co-founder Joseph probably wants to kill me, but he knows how picky I am over photo details so he curbed his criticism.  As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  I say more!  

After reading the steve jobs bio recently, where jobs for instance takes endless time to perfect an apple-presentation, I guess it's fit to say you're probably right :wink:

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #5,313 of 23,366
I'm stoked to be a part of this whole thing. I've never even seen a V-Moda product but I can't wait to get these in the mail! I already know I'll like them!

And it would be awesome if I can see my custom shields in that picture!

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #5,315 of 23,366
Quote:

I took a few naps yesterday in NYC like at 5pm for an hour, 9:30pm for 1.5hrs I think.  I have a Nike Fuelband to track it lately.  Then I got up, got ready for a LA-day of business meetings, packed and left to JFK airport at 3am.  I think jetsetting has made me adapt, but it definitely helps my mind when I can settle in a time zone for at least 3 days to get into a semi-routine.  My brother is a pilot in the air-force and I used to DJ quite a bit around the globe, so I guess over the years you get used to taking sleep whenever/wherever you can get it whether it is a plane, train or automobile.  

Don't worry about head-fi code in comment, anybody who preorders we'll assume is from Head-Fi or a loyal Facebook/Twitter/Social media fan that deserves the same star treatment.

RE PICS
We're working on it, but I didn't like the way the back pad turned out in the pictures.  My co-founder Joseph probably wants to kill me, but he knows how picky I am over photo details so he curbed his criticism.  As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  I say more!  

Photo/Video Content
The photos and videos often take us a VERY long time for launch and while it is very fun, it is always time-challenged due to using samples that aren't color/function perfect to the MP units and other TRS (totally random sh!_).

Would u mind PM'ing me some of the "bad" pics then? So they're "unofficial", just to help me decide? It's SO hard, every model looks so amazing and I love my M80's Shadowdesign, yet I'd love to have a white pair.. Oh, decisions, decisions.

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #5,316 of 23,366
Quote:

At this time we are not going to sell the "wing plates" separately for the "common" consumer.  But, I'll put it on the 'to-do" list for "V-MODDERS" out there in the future. 

That would be greatly appreciated, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.  Feel free to bury it at the bottom of your priorities list.
beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #5,318 of 23,366
Quote:

Quantity
So far we have received a lot of pre-orders, so we will limit it to ~99 more!  It is pretty exciting. We have a lot of orders in Tokyo too, so we need to allocate some there after the next 99.

I'm so glad I didn't re-order

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #5,319 of 23,366
Quote:
Updates
Congrats and thanks to all the pre-orders guys.  I'll be doing more updates in the coming days.  I had to attend to lots of back office and a few personal items, then prep for launch.  Launching a product is like giving birth, not that I know of course.

Reliability Testing
Today we are analyzing the hinge data with a fine comb. 

Why was there some delays?
One of the parts was out of my control, I cannot say which one 

Forum/Ordering Catch-Up
I'll be reading through all the messages and try to answer as many as I can along with my team.  I'll also take some more pics and show you some things like the "cork" on M-100 that we developed that turned out pretty cool.  Get ready to see some secrets and more photos.

Talk soon!

"in v-moda there is truth" -nice

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #5,320 of 23,366
I haven't posted much in this thread but have been reading it almost every day since it started.  I'm amazed at how excited I am getting about the VTF-100s, a product I've never seen, heard or read a single review for.  And apparently there are 100 other people like me.  :)  Getting the Faders is fantastic news too - it feels Christmas already.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #5,321 of 23,366
Hey eveyone,

I've been following this thread and the progress of the M-100's since I heard of them a few months ago, and boy, I am excited. I feel like these will be exactly what I'm looking for. 

However, I do have a few questions to ask. Like I said i've tried to keep up-to-date with everything, and here's what I understand so far (if people can just confirm or explain them to me, it would be greatly appreciated):

The M-100s are in a limited-production run that are called the VTF-100's, and we can pre-order them. There's about 100 pre-orders left though, but they haven't been completely used up, correct?

Also, members of Head-fi will be getting an extra set of shields with a custom design, along with an extra cable, fancy box, faders, and a certificate, correct? (Could someone tell me what a fader is, though?)

The 'phones themselves come in three colour variations. The shadow has some red detailing and brushed metal sides, whereas the matte black is... matte black completely, correct?

One question i do have though is how do we pre-order them to get the head-fi-member bonus? Would I just order them off of: http://v-moda.com/vtf-100/  or is there a special link just for us?

Im hoping I haven't missed much, but that's basically all that I want to have confirmed or explained, and I'd really appreciate it if someone could do that for me.

Also, Val, if you're reading this, Sincerely, thank you for being so involved with your customers. This is a revolutionary thing for me to see a company do, and in my opinion, all companies should work this way. Keep it up!

P.S. One last thing. I do want to get some custom shields, but even though I've read back several pages, I can't find any info on how to create the design or at what size, and, more importantly, how will V-moda know which shield belongs to which customer?

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #5,322 of 23,366
Hey eveyone,

I've been following this thread and the progress of the M-100's since I heard of them a few months ago, and boy, I am excited. I feel like these will be exactly what I'm looking for. 

However, I do have a few questions to ask. Like I said i've tried to keep up-to-date with everything, and here's what I understand so far (if people can just confirm or explain them to me, it would be greatly appreciated):

The M-100s are in a limited-production run that are called the VTF-100's, and we can pre-order them. There's about 100 pre-orders left though, but they haven't been completely used up, correct?

Also, members of Head-fi will be getting an extra set of shields with a custom design, along with an extra cable, fancy box, faders, and a certificate, correct? (Could someone tell me what a fader is, though?)

The 'phones themselves come in three colour variations. The shadow has some red detailing and brushed metal sides, whereas the matte black is... matte black completely, correct?

One question i do have though is how do we pre-order them to get the head-fi-member bonus? Would I just order them off of: http://v-moda.com/vtf-100/  or is there a special link just for us?

Im hoping I haven't missed much, but that's basically all that I want to have confirmed or explained, and I'd really appreciate it if someone could do that for me.

Also, Val, if you're reading this, Sincerely, thank you for being so involved with your customers. This is a revolutionary thing for me to see a company do, and in my opinion, all companies should work this way. Keep it up!

P.S. One last thing. I do want to get some custom shields, but even though I've read back several pages, I can't find any info on how to create the design or at what size, and, more importantly, how will V-moda know which shield belongs to which customer?
PS: I'm typing on an iPad, so I can't use the full editor.

Anyway, to answer your questions:

• Correct. There are ~100 units left to order before they are completed and sent out.
  • Semi-Correct. In the box comes: VTF-100's, original shields for your selected color, customized shields you decided on when ordering, V-MODA Fader earphones, all cables, and a certificate of authenticity.
  • Correct about the colors. There will be a White/Brushed Silver option, a Matte Texture All-Black option, and a Red/Black "Shadow" option.
  • You order from the link you provided, as you would normally. Because it is harder to find, Val is assuming that all orders for VTF-100's are from head-fi'ers and big v-moda fans. As such, everyone who orders gets the bonuses.
  • for help with the shields, there is a guide in the "Shield Design Forum" on this board.

I hope this helps!

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #5,323 of 23,366
Quote:
PS: I'm typing on an iPad, so I can't use the full editor.
Anyway, to answer your questions:
  1. Correct. There are ~100 units left to order before they are completed and sent out.
  2. Semi-Correct. In the box comes: VTF-100's, original shields for your selected color, customized shields you decided on when ordering, V-MODA Fader earphones, all cables, and a certificate of authenticity.
  3. Correct about the colors. There will be a White/Brushed Silver option, a Matte Texture All-Black option, and a Red/Black "Shadow" option.
  4. You order from the link you provided, as you would normally. Because it is harder to find, Val is assuming that all orders for VTF-100's are from head-fi'ers and big v-moda fans. As such, everyone who orders gets the bonuses.
  5. for help with the shields, there is a guide in the "Shield Design Forum" on this board.
I hope this helps!

Ahh perfect, that's exactly what I needed, Thank you very much. So the faders are actual earplugs eh? That's awesome. As for the shield design thread, I do recall seeing that a few weeks ago, I guess I forgot about it. I'll check it out, thanks.

One question though, So the first pair of shields are plain, and the colour that you get depends on the colour of the headphones themselves (which can't be changed), and the option to select a shield colour is for the SECOND pair WITH the design. Did I get that all right?

Oh, and considering that these are to be shipped in ~60 days, would we all still be getting out 60-day satisfaction guarentee? I assume they start that counter when it ships, not when we order it, right?

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #5,324 of 23,366
Quote:
One question though, So the first pair of shields are plain, and the colour that you get depends on the colour of the headphones themselves (which can't be changed), and the option to select a shield colour is for the SECOND pair WITH the design. Did I get that all right? Oh, and considering that these are to be shipped in ~60 days, would we all still be getting out 60-day satisfaction guarantee? I assume they start that counter when it ships, not when we order it, right?

Yes - you are correct. The shield color you select is for the set you customize.

We are expecting them to be sent out sometime within the next two weeks, not 60 days. I also believe that the 60-day guarantee begins when the headphones are received, not when they're ordered.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #5,325 of 23,366
Quote:

Ahh perfect, that's exactly what I needed, Thank you very much. So the faders are actual earplugs eh? That's awesome. As for the shield design thread, I do recall seeing that a few weeks ago, I guess I forgot about it. I'll check it out, thanks.

One question though, So the first pair of shields are plain, and the colour that you get depends on the colour of the headphones themselves (which can't be changed), and the option to select a shield colour is for the SECOND pair WITH the design. Did I get that all right?

Oh, and considering that these are to be shipped in ~60 days, would we all still be getting out 60-day satisfaction guarentee? I assume they start that counter when it ships, not when we order it, right?

Shield thread is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/616990/v-moda-shield-design-discussion

If you order the matte black headphone, and you want your design on the matte black shields it comes with by default, I think you can contact the V-MODA Concierge after you place your order to inform them that you want your design on the matte shield instead of the other colour.

I do recall that there was some way to indicate this during the ordering process though. Can anyone confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back