V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #4,607 of 23,366
Quote:

Depends on your definition of "fun." Personally, I don't find bloated bass intruding into the midrange fun.

Some headphones have managed to walk a line between slight bass emphasis and tipped up treble, and an overall more transparent presentation. Subtle tuning for such things can be done.

^This. It might be fun to the average (or below average) = (careless) listener. But, not fun to the listener who is serious about quality (Not necessarily having expensive gear/source).
Quote:
Looks like his china-trip was successful, they look great :D

Check out the unidentified...feature, at the center of the headband. Or is that just an illusion, because of hair?
Quote:

0.o What?!

Excuse if Idk what I'm talking about, but how come the LP2 has more bass than M-100, when M-100 goes up to 8 /  9db, while the above graph for the LP2 (first top left) doesn't go above 0 db?

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #4,608 of 23,366
Quote:
This thread has pretty much hit its limit. Once people get over the anticipation and have their HP's at hand, the talk will all funnel to an appreciation thread
tongue.gif

I've already described how I think that once the M-100s launch, this thread should be renamed to M-100 Pre-release Discussion (or something) and a new one should be opened (preferably in the full-sized forum) that will actually be for feedback and reviews and appreciation.

Chances are one of the more active people in this thread will start a new thread in the full-sized forum as soon as PPU begin to be sold. 

Is anyone else curious like I am about whether or not parts from the LP/LP2 are reused on the M-100? I'm excited for them, but I would be highly disappointed if the truth is that V-Moda took the LPs, added hinged yokes, another cable entry, tweaked the sound signature a little bit (using the same drivers), and changed the color schemes. I'm fine when companies release products that all reflect the same design signature, but I prefer things to be built from the ground up as much as possible. I'm just saying this because, aside from the changes I mentioned, it's entirely possible given the same design that the M-100s are using many (perhaps even most) of the actual parts from the LP/LP2s.

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #4,610 of 23,366
I didn't jump on the LP deal on Amazon and now I feel bad because school is starting and I only have an HD598, which is NOT portable in any way, shape or form.

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #4,614 of 23,366
Quote:
   0.o What?!

Excuse if Idk what I'm talking about, but how come the LP2 has more bass than M-100, when M-100 goes up to 8 /  9db, while the above graph for the LP2 (first top left) doesn't go above 0 db?

Because you're reading the frequency response graph wrong! You have to compare it more to the average amplitude of the graph of some sort, the vertical axis' values means nothing, it could be adjusted versus +10 or 0, it's all about frequencies balance in one region versus another, it's the balance! :)

Compare it instead to the limegreen line drawn below, I read it more like aprox 12dB (peak) bass in LP2 (Beats Studios measures around 10dB bass boost), compared to 5~6dB (peak) M80 and there's been talk about 8~9dB POSSIBLY for M100 due some hints from Val which would fit right in-between. But everything isn't about quantity but QUALITY just as much if not more, the highend Fostex TH-900 costing $2000 measures with like 10dB bass boost too but it has very good quality bass too and therefore doesn't sound bass bloated. :) If quality in the bass response is nice, then even "detailed"-listeners wouldn't have to worry about it. A poor quality bass 6dB boost (resonances, lack of tightness etc) may sound more bloated than like 9~10dB boost if it's done right.

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #4,618 of 23,366
Quote:
When it asks for the shield color is that for the extra shields we are going to get with them?...As in it already comes with matte black shields and then that is for a second set?

Supposedly that is what's going to happen, yes. Val said that they should come with the original shields, too.

But for me, having the brushed metal shields engraved was just too good to pass up, anyway

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #4,619 of 23,366
Quote:
When it asks for the shield color is that for the extra shields we are going to get with them?...As in it already comes with matte black shields and then that is for a second set?

I'm confused about this also, anyone know?

Edit:  I'm assuming it's for the extra shields, ordered accordingly.  If I'm wrong I can always order matte shields separately later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back