V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #1,681 of 23,366
Quote:
Didn't find an official v-moda thread so i hope i can ask here, i just bought the LP2 and so far i'm liking it, i tried the wire that has the mic and controls and it seems as if i can only pause and play the music. Can't increase the volume, etc. is this a common problem with androids? Thanks!

The volume control portion of it is only compatible with iDevices, sorry to say.

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,684 of 23,366
Quote:
Didn't find an official v-moda thread so i hope i can ask here, i just bought the LP2 and so far i'm liking it, i tried the wire that has the mic and controls and it seems as if i can only pause and play the music. Can't increase the volume, etc. is this a common problem with androids? Thanks!

Most android phones aren't compatible with the 3-button remote, that's why it should come with a single button remote. When I try to plug the 3-button into my phone a message immediately comes up that says "this is not a compatible device" or something like that. So you can probably only use the single button remote. You can double-click to skip to the next song, and triple-click to go back to the previous track, but you can't adjust volume.

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #1,685 of 23,366
Quote:
lol As soon as I can figure out a way to use them effectively for my entry, I plan to creatively destroy the beats studios that I have (thankfully I was not the one that paid for them, they were a poorly thought out gift a few years ago).

I wouldn't do that. I would sell them to somebody for $50 or just give them to somebody who would appreciate them. That seems a little ungrateful... obviously the person did think about the fact that you like music and headphones and therefore it was a pretty well thought out gift and they were very nice for spending ~$300 on you.

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #1,686 of 23,366
Just tried the LP2, bass heavy headphones indeed. But other than that, not impressed. Hope the M100 can present more details and more tremble.

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #1,687 of 23,366
Quote:
I wouldn't do that. I would sell them to somebody for $50 or just give them to somebody who would appreciate them. That seems a little ungrateful... obviously the person did think about the fact that you like music and headphones and therefore it was a pretty well thought out gift and they were very nice for spending ~$300 on you.

Beats must die!!!!!

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #1,688 of 23,366
Quote:

They no longer are functional; I used to use them for watching TV late at night, so I wouldn't wake anyone up.  But the on/off switch broke after a while (and it sucked having to constantly take the batteries out when done using them), and then eventually the battery cover would no longer lock tight and it came off and got broken when someone stepped on it... Followed by the brittle plastic breaking where the hinges bolt on the headband.

The beats studio are actually pretty good for watching movies and vids, but suck for music... Too bad the build quality is such crap.

Jun 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #1,689 of 23,366
Quote:
They no longer are functional; I used to use them for watching TV late at night, so I wouldn't wake anyone up.  But the on/off switch broke after a while (and it sucked having to constantly take the batteries out when done using them), and then eventually the battery cover would no longer lock tight and it came off and got broken when someone stepped on it... Followed by the brittle plastic breaking where the hinges bolt on the headband.

The beats studio are actually pretty good for watching movies and vids, but suck for music... Too bad the build quality is such crap.

Well in that case, might as well get something out of them if they're already broken.

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #1,690 of 23,366
Quote:

Beats must die!!!!!

HTC owns the brand and are not producing any headphones with it, Only using the brand to stamp on all their smartphone products claiming to have said "technology" inside.

Monster (the parent company of Beats) no longer owns the brand, and have no intention of wanting to use the brand again. They are competent that they will be able to make headphones just the same but without the brand thinking they will still have a strong market hold regardless that it was always the brand that had pushed sales, not the quality or build.

All Beats related headphones that exists in stores are all that will remain to exist, production has stopped for quite some time.

Beats is Dead. They have been dead for some time, and they will not come back.

Discussion over, now lets please get back to the topic of this thread without any sidetracking. Same can be said for the VAMP, there is a dedicated thread for it, please keep all VAMP related things on that thread please.

We longstanding partakers of the thread as well as Val himself would appreciate this!

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #1,692 of 23,366
Val was online a short while ago. I'd say more about it but certain people want this thread to be 100% headphones only so I can't say he just posted in the VAMP thread indicating VAMP was on Amazon and it would launch this coming Tuesday............ah crap ..............there goes the no off topic promise I made myself.

Jun 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #1,693 of 23,366
Anyone else here really hoping for some elegant color choices on top of the flashy ones. 
Quote:
Just tried the LP2, bass heavy headphones indeed. But other than that, not impressed. Hope the M100 can present more details and more tremble.

and yeah, I didn't really like the lp2 that much, even though I love bass, and if I crave some bass I normally can't get enough ^^, but I couldn't listen to the lp2 for anything but bass, and at some points it got annoying :/, but I did enjoy it for a good amount of time ^^

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #1,694 of 23,366
WakiDaBeast,
What color scheme(s) would you like to see? I agree that we're not all flashing the hip-hop or electronica style, but even so I find myself a fan of darker blue or red schemes, especially like that wine red mentioned earlier. Maybe even just color that shows only when the light hits it just right... I may be asking car paint guys how they do it once I get to customizing :)

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #1,695 of 23,366
Quote:
 Maybe even just color that shows only when the light hits it just right... 
smily_headphones1.gif

look up candy paint and maybe use crystalizer as a search term.  It's a ton of work to make it look right.  I've never done it personally, but I've watched it being done before... I thought it was too much of a PITA to try myself and there are too many ways to screw it up along the way (I think there were something like 15-20 coats involved.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back