V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 5, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #21,886 of 23,366
Any idea if there are going to be any new releases coming from Vmoda? Looking to get a pair of M100 soon.. but seeing that its been around for quite some time, will there be a new model coming up?
biggrin.gif

Next releases will be IEM's.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/737888/veni-vidi-vici-v-modas-new-iems-zn-formerly-alto-forza-crowdsourcing-reviews-discussions-thread

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #21,888 of 23,366
You can Google "V-MODA Revolver" and read up everything about it. It's suppose to be Val's ultimate headphone and has been in development for years. It will be released when it's perfect, which may be never.

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #21,890 of 23,366
Lol wonder when these Revolvers are going to be on the market.. discussions about it seems to be floating around since 2012..

Val is definitely working on it. Back in 2012 he said it is about a 5 year project (or more). So (at least) until the end of 2017 we still have time. :) Good work needs time as we know.

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #21,891 of 23,366
I wanted to love the M-100s. The build quality and comfort are exceptional. They just weren't for me in the end though. I had what I can only describe as "Bass Fatigue" from them. They were my first decent headphones really and since then I've found that I much prefer open back. 

Does VModa have anything in an open back or anything in the works?

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #21,892 of 23,366
Open back headphones have their inevitable advantage over closed back headphones. Much more space and clarity. But closed backs have the advantage of punchy and strong bass. (Not to mention isolation and sound leakage.)
Depends on what kind of music you listen to and what your needs are. (Need more punchy bass or need more space? Need isolation or not?)

Also very much depends on what music source you use. M-100 might sound not good enough from a "mobile phone". However a good DAP can make a real difference.

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #21,897 of 23,366
So I received my M-100 yesterday after a month wait and after paying around 70 euros custom, it seems the right input socket where we plug audio cable is not working properly. When I move and push it inside, I could only listen in one section of the headphone. The left one is also not seems very well. After inserting the cable I have to move it slightly to hear on both sides. Isn't it suppose to insert easily without doing any adjustment? cause it is quite annoying, considering the price tag of the headphone. Does anyone had the same problem?   

http://s4.postimg.org/obdw2hc31/unnamed.jpg

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #21,898 of 23,366
So I received my M-100 yesterday after a month wait and after paying around 70 euros custom, it seems the right input socket where we plug audio cable is not working properly. When I move and push it inside, I could only listen in one section of the headphone. The left one is also not seems very well. After inserting the cable I have to move it slightly to hear on both sides. Isn't it suppose to insert easily without doing any adjustment? cause it is quite annoying, considering the price tag of the headphone. Does anyone had the same problem?   

http://s4.postimg.org/obdw2hc31/unnamed.jpg

Something like that used to be my problem with the m80, but then I realized I was not putting the cable all the way in

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #21,900 of 23,366
I've had m100s since November, and I've been pairing them with the Oppo HA-2 amp. Also, a must have is the XL pads! Somehow I used the crossfade LPs for years without them, and it's a world of difference with the bigger pads.

The m100s are outstanding for pop music/edm, however, they need some tuning for classical music to decrease the bass emphasis.

I listen to spotify and also tidal hi-fi. I've had to come up with a custom eq setting to decrease the bass on the Boom app on my Mac to make classical sound good.

The best thing about the m100s is I can put them on the carrying case and it's nice and small. Lugging something like the athmsr7 to work in that bag or a slappa hard case might not be a good idea.

I might buy the ath-m50x for a good comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back