V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #21,556 of 23,366
You will really like them especially with the XL pads! I've had mine for well over a year and still listen to them a lot, you should
like with the sound blaster as they have good synergy.

Do the XL pads change the sound any or is more comfort (or both).

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #21,563 of 23,366
Tongue in cheek warning!

My wife asked for "the demo" this week.  You know the one, the one we all do when someone asks why we spend extra on equipment, designed to put enough wow into them that they, too, start spending money on equipment.

The problem is, it worked.  Now she has requested a pair of white M-100's for Mother's Day, with customized shields.

Be careful who you demo to!

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #21,565 of 23,366
I doubt a store like Brookstone, which is a well-known national chain, would be selling fake M-100s. AFAIK, it's mainly the Crossfade LP that is faked. I think the hinge on the M-100 makes it harder to knock off.

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #21,566 of 23,366
  M-100's are $200 at brookstone right now

http://www.brookstone.com/v-moda-crossfade-over-ear-noise-isolating-metal-headphone

Oh wow. That's the kind of thing you would see happening with the M-80 right before the XS came out. My wild unfounded speculation is that special "master edition" that Val brought to a trade show once is going to be the new model or something, but maybe the M100 will continue production at a lower price point.
beyersmile.png

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #21,568 of 23,366
  M-100's are $200 at brookstone right now

http://www.brookstone.com/v-moda-crossfade-over-ear-noise-isolating-metal-headphone

I bit on these. It shows OOS online but I went into a store today and they had a couple of left, so anyone looking to get these should check their local store. My store had one in matte black and one in shadow, I got the matte black one. 

I'm not an audiophile by any means. In fact, these are my first "real" cans. The only headphones I've used before were "gaming" headphones from Logitech and Corsair. I'm enjoying these a lot so far (only been about an hour). My three sources are my PC w/ a Creative Titanium Fatal1ty card, my iPhone 6 and a late 2013 model Macbook Pro Retina. Going to give them a few days to burn in but I think I may pick up a DAC for them somewhere down the line. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #21,569 of 23,366
I bit on these. It shows OOS online but I went into a store today and they had a couple of left, so anyone looking to get these should check their local store. My store had one in matte black and one in shadow, I got the matte black one. 

I'm not an audiophile by any means. In fact, these are my first "real" cans. The only headphones I've used before were "gaming" headphones from Logitech and Corsair. I'm enjoying these a lot so far (only been about an hour). My three sources are my PC w/ a Creative Titanium Fatal1ty card, my iPhone 6 and a late 2013 model Macbook Pro Retina. Going to give them a few days to burn in but I think I may pick up a DAC for them somewhere down the line. 
I'm expecting the Schiit Fulla soon. I know it's a DAC/Amp but in any case I'll give you my impressions. Don't have a solo DAC currently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back