V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 31, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #21,527 of 23,366
  Why not another V-MODA cable? Also, is your M-100 still under warranty? When I had problems with my cable they just had me cut the cable in half and send them a picture. The new cable was sent to me within 3-4 days.

If you want to go with a cable other than V-MODA, I know the Beats Android cables and Skullcandy cables work.

I purchased mine in August 2013 so I'm assuming my warranty has expired.  I was hoping to find something that I could get my hands on faster than going through vmoda's site.  Also I'm wondering if there are better cables that are more durable than the original.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #21,528 of 23,366
The warranty is good for two years. I don't think you can do much better than V-MODA if durable cables are what you're looking for. You could buy a series of super cheap cables so you never run out when one breaks but eventually all cables will die.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #21,529 of 23,366
M-100's Matted Black got marked down a decent bit on Amazon for those looking to buy. $282.72 at the moment, I think I'm gonna give in now.

Best price around here is Amazon.es - 215 eur which works out as approx £163 delivered to the UK.  Best price I've seen it in all these years.

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #21,530 of 23,366
My m100 has the micro bolTs missing and so came off hinges.
They are like 2.5yrs old.
I don't want to return and pay $150 just because the tiny bolts came off.
:frowning2:

Edit:
OK I just checked and found some good news..

:)

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #21,531 of 23,366
6-Star Service! I've gotten 2 broken Android cables and a lost V-Cork replaced for free. V-MODA has my loyalty for life.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #21,532 of 23,366
Edir

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #21,533 of 23,366
Cans: a headphones story. 
Cast: in order of appearance - Sony mdr 1706, Grado SR 125, Sony mdr-1r, PSB M4U-2, Yamaha pro 500 and introducing V-moda M-100 shadow. Also staring Koss Porta-pro, and Monster Miles Davis trumpet in ear. 
I tried my first headphone before I had my first kiss. It was at the public library about 1964. They were an old pair of Koss. very heavy but butter soft. I fell in love. I was young but I knew I had to have her. For years I used cheap look-alikes but I always felt empty after. 
Finally, when I became man enough I got my koss proAA. What joy. We were together until the end. Again I drifted around until I heard Sony mdr v6. When she passed I found her sister mdr 1706 studio monitors. A matronly old girl but always there for me. Like a lot of men in middle age my ears began to rove. A cousin appeared, Sony mdr-1r but even she wasn't enough My friend PSB, the speaker of the house, introduced me to M4U, very nice, Classy, maybe too classy. Tragedy struck when ipod classic became orphaned.  I found a hi-def replacement, Fiio X5. Fiio demanded to be fully heard, enter Panasonic pro 500. Delightful, heaven and joy. I should have been satisfied but to my great shame and guilt I caught an earful of V-Moda. I tried to walk away but an offer came up and I could not refuse. 
Can I have them all? which will take my heart. Will I find the kind of serenity I feet when it was just mdr 1706 and I? I need more time. Thankfully the Fiio is fully charged and loaded and I'm off for a few days. What would you do? 

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #21,535 of 23,366
I've never used an E18, but the E17 added a cleaner sound with tighter bass and better defined treble, though the differences with my phone were minor. The bass and treble EQ were nice and I was able to balance the sound more. Ask [@]Zorrofox[/@]. He has an E18 and an M-100.

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #21,536 of 23,366
I've never used an E18, but the E17 added a cleaner sound with tighter bass and better defined treble, though the differences with my phone were minor. The bass and treble EQ were nice and I was able to balance the sound more. Ask [@]Zorrofox[/@]. He has an E18 and an M-100.

Alright, thanks. Would you happen to know any good DAC's that are more on the thinner side? I'm using my phone now for Tidal so I'd like something more portable, and since I'm getting the M-100's, I don't need any particular warmth or bass boost anymore for the XS. I'm looking for a DAC because the phone's audio produces some noticeable static

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #21,537 of 23,366
Smallest ones I've found from largest to smallest:

Shozy PX-M1
Topping NX2
Oppo HA-2
HRT Microstreamer
Beyerdynamic A200p
Cozoy Astrapi

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #21,538 of 23,366
i bought a pair off amazon last week when they were on sale. I was so excited, I was previously using a pair of Bose OE2 and have used the AE2 and LP in the past. The LP had massive amounts of bass that I found to be very fun, they didn't have the clarity of the Bose cans though. So with all the massive hype I was expecting the amazing bass with the perfect clarity and I don't know what happened.

I think I'm going to return the m100. To me I can't hear anything to justify the extra 300 I am spending to have them when I have the Bose cans. To me the bass is much less than the LP and the highs sometimes feel like they are piercing my eyes. I've broken them in about 48 hours and not much has changed.

I just don't know what to do. Maybe I hyped myself to much for these but I almost want to buy the LP1 again just so I have something fun to listen to to go along with my current Bose..

I mean obviously the m100 sound better then the Bose and the mids and highs are better then the LP... But for 300 more, is it THAT much better? I don't know

Anyone else have some disappointment?

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #21,539 of 23,366
I think you overhyped it in your head.

"I mean obviously the m100 sound better then the Bose and the mids and highs are better then the LP..."

Sounds like you got exactly what you paid for. And for the extra $200, not $300 since the LPs are $100 and the M-100 are $300(but you got them on sale, right?), you also get a folding, more compact design, the ability to connect to either ear cup, the ability to daisy chain headphones, and the improved sound you mentioned. If that sound quality difference wasn't enough to justify the price, just wait until you hear a $2000 headphone running off a $5000 amp. You'll think the owner if that system is insane.

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #21,540 of 23,366
how many times one can ask a replacement XLpads in  VMODA? I asked for a replacement last December i think because it pretty flattened out after just a few months i bought it. Now the replacement I got is also gotten flat. My ears are starting to get hurt because its resting on the drivers already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back