V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 17, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #21,496 of 23,366
O.o super glue....*remembers an unfortunate incident involving an ex and mistaking superglue for Vaseline*....

Glue is scary to use unless it fully cures when it comes to body part proximity...that being said...what about if you took the same xl pads..cut the plastic sh...wait...anyone near your area with a 3d printer?.....

Might be possible to do a custom job that works even better than a retrofit ...

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #21,497 of 23,366
I know I'm going to get ripped to shreds for saying this, but I just can't stand the m-100 anymore. Even with the XL pads the comfort is terrible. It's as if the headband is slightly bent to push the rear of the pads inward which forces the front of the pads out. This puts uneven pressure on the back half of the cups and really irritates my ears.

I've tried bending the headband and tried the XL pads. Even swapped the cable to the other cup essentially reversing the headphone, which I just can't get used to when listening to familiar music.

The SQ isn't terrible - quite fun for certain genres - but I'm done with it. It was a gift from a company I was working for so no love lost there. I'll give it to my son or daughter. Too bad because other than the comfort (which seems to be all that is discussed in this thread) these are pretty good for the price.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #21,498 of 23,366
I know I'm going to get ripped to shreds for saying this, but I just can't stand the m-100 anymore. Even with the XL pads the comfort is terrible. It's as if the headband is slightly bent to push the rear of the pads inward which forces the front of the pads out. This puts uneven pressure on the back half of the cups and really irritates my ears.

I've tried bending the headband and tried the XL pads. Even swapped the cable to the other cup essentially reversing the headphone, which I just can't get used to when listening to familiar music.

The SQ isn't terrible - quite fun for certain genres - but I'm done with it. It was a gift from a company I was working for so no love lost there. I'll give it to my son or daughter. Too bad because other than the comfort (which seems to be all that is discussed in this thread) these are pretty good for the price.

When you bent it, did you bend it just a bit past flat?
Because that's how you're supposed to bend it.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #21,499 of 23,366
When you bent it, did you bend it just a bit past flat?
Because that's how you're supposed to bend it.

Yes I know. I've been around the block so to speak.

It's front to back that's the issue, not up/down. Anyway, I tried, not for me anymore. Good luck everyone else.

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #21,502 of 23,366
I just used the Immortal Life Program, and the pair that v moda sent to me was not new (a few marks, no ribbon on the boxing etc.). On the Immortal Life page it says for a 'new pair of M-100s' so what's happened here? Something I'm missing?

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #21,503 of 23,366
Probably a mistake. Email them.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #21,504 of 23,366
Yeah apparently the ribbon was cut so that the invoice and shields could be put in, I'll buy that. But now one of the screw*** screws has been put in way too tight and it's worn out the allen key provided so I can't change my shields. This is BS, how have others dealt with this problem before. I really do not want to send them back the day I receive them.

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #21,505 of 23,366
I remember when I asked for a repair on my M-100 for cracked wingplates, they sent me a brand-new M-100 with a return label to ship my defective pair back. I got the new one in 3 days and for one night had two M-100s to play with. I even did an A/B test and discovered that a 6 month old burnt in M-100 sounds the same a new one out of the box. Take pictures, give them your invoice number, and email them.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #21,506 of 23,366
  I remember when I asked for a repair on my M-100 for cracked wingplates, they sent me a brand-new M-100 with a return label to ship my defective pair back. I got the new one in 3 days and for one night had two M-100s to play with. I even did an A/B test and discovered that a 6 month old burnt in M-100 sounds the same a new one out of the box. Take pictures, give them your invoice number, and email them.

Thanks for the post, I will be citing this if they do not treat this situation in a similar way. The hex screw is now pretty stripped and I doubt it's ever coming out which is extremely annoying. Hopefully get a good response tomorrow.

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #21,507 of 23,366
Hello !

I have my M100 for about 2 years now, no complaint except that comfort can be an issue sometimes (my ears hurt after a while). I sent them to warranty recently for a cracked plastic piece close to the pivot point of the earcups (wingplate ?). Anyway I discovered how much earwax have gotten through the earpads mesh and into the holes of the protective metal grill beneath them (really disgusting). I tried to clean the pads first and then the metal grill but that junk is actually filling the holes so it can't be removed just by swipping a cloth or a kleenex on. I actually took a small needle to try to pry it out but I'm a bit afraid about damaging the inside of the earphones. If I go a tiny bit too far the needle pokes what looks to be a metal diaphragm or something (I'm not an expert sorry hehe) and I don't want to pierce it accidentally. Can you dissassemble this metal grill ? I'm sure there's plenty of disgusting ear wax that felled there so I would like to clean that.

Thanks !

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #21,508 of 23,366
VModa_M80V80_photo_inside.jpg

I don't know how he did it, but this is a breakdown of the M-80 by Tyll Herstens on Innerfidelity.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #21,509 of 23,366
Thanks for the image ! it seems the M-100 are a bit different; instead of a plastic cover I have a metal grill over it. Didn't tried to further disassemble it, I removed what I could and put the earpads back. It's just annoying to know that they are kind of dirty and I can't clean them all the way. Now I'm worried about something, could I've affected the sound performance of my headphones by accidentally touching the diaphram with a small needle while trying to get the nasty stuff out ? (Was careful and didn't pierced something).

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #21,510 of 23,366
IIRC, @miceblue dissected his M-100 and posted pictures in this thread, although I can't locate the pictures now and I haven't seen him on here in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back