V-Moda LP2?
Jan 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Neighbor808

New Head-Fier
What do you all think of this pair? I'm looking for a headphone with good bass quantity and quality without suffering heavy performance issues in other areas (Like Beats). At $199.99, it is the highest priced model I will probably be looking at. Anything comparable and cheaper is welcome, too. This is a purchase I'm planning on sometime in 6 months. What about original LPs or maybe even the M80? If you could recommend anything better for dubstep, electro, rap, house, and the like within my price range other than these, I'm open to those suggestions, too. Thanks for your time everyone!

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 5
I have owned the LP2s for about 3 months now, and I can say they are amazing for things like dubstep, you would not be dissapointed. The LPs actually have more bass than the LP2s, but I feel that the mids suffer a bit from that, and the highs are recessed as well. The M80 on the other hand is said to be a flat headphone, it has nowhere near the bass of the LP/LP2.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the response. The M80 appealed to me the most because I thought they would a well priced, bassier alternative to my M50s but if they are not enough to make much of a difference I might not bother.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 5
Ive tried the M80 at radioshack where I live, and did not like the bass quantity or quality. Im one of those people that likes the bass that you can really feel, even on the headphone when they shake. The M80 has some bass but not rumbling bass, and I felt like it wasnt the best quality either, maybe Im just wierd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back