V-Moda LP2 Question regarding Amp's
Sep 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 18
Well, Val, the CEO of V-Moda did mention bigger earpads as a possible accessory at some point, but we haven't seen any indication of that since.

As for amping, I don't know.  I doubt it will make much of a difference if they are anything like the M-80.

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 18
The M80s and LP2s improve a little when using an amp and better source, but I wouldn't go overboard. They were pretty much intended to be used with an iDevice or similar.

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 18
There is a noticeable difference, but it's nothing major... It's not going to turn your Apple into an Orange in anyway (not saying either fruit is better than the other). Just expect tighter bass, more bass (with bass boost), slightly smoother treble, and maybe an improvement in the midrange. I haven't tested this yet, but from my experiences with Fiio Portable Amps, I am comfortable with saying all this. Instead of the E7, the E11 is better as a dedicated Amp and I think it's a better match with the LP2

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
Alright. Its just that I love the headphones and the company but the highs just seem a bit to far in the back behind the bass. The bass punch and everything about the bass im a fan off, I love how their easy to drive, but the highs just aren't getting any better for me. 

It could potentially improve the highs if you were to EQ down the bass a little.

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:
My problem with this is that a lot of my music I listen to is from a source that won't let you EQ. I mainly sit at home with Pandora on or listening to long youtube sets while playing a game, never really on the go or anything, and without getting to technical I can't EQ them. I had one thread a while back and someone try to explain it to me but it got to far in depth that I couldn't figure it out correctly and it just was frustrating to me overall (it was using VAC and another program)

Well you could just get something like the Fiio E17, which can EQ down the bass itself.

Another alternative is to just return the LP2s and get the M-100 when they come out, they will probably solve all of your problems with the sound.

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Is the E17 a DAC as well? I thought about returning and the M-100 but then I heard that they were going to be 300 dollars and that is way above what I could afford even with returning the LP2's, I couldn't justify it to myself to originally have payed 100 for headphones, bump up to 200, then up to 300. 200 Would be my max budget on headphones alone, possibly a few dollars strech if I were to return them (215 absolute max) I guess my question that is coming up is that whether or not I did the best bang for my buck by the LP2's, I love the headphones despite the few negative qualities such as the earpads and the lack of highs in them. 
See and that was one thing i was loving about the LP2's is how easy they were to drive from my crappy laptop, I had to return my phillips uptowns because despite even with an amplifier I couldn't pull more bass out of them and they would distort really bad because the low amount of power my laptop drives out to my headphone jack.

Yes, the E17 is a DAC.  I have never used it before though, so I can't say how well the bass EQ on it works.  It also has a treble EQ but again, I can't really say anything about it.

It's up to you whether you want it or not, seeing as how it is fairly expensive for your budget, at ~$120.  If the treble on the LP2s will really be that much of a problem for you and you didn't want to end up spending too much, you might just want to return it for something else.  I haven't actually heard the LP2 or anything comparable that's over-ear though, so I can't really say!

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #14 of 18
LP2 is normal headphone but not worth that money. And it doesnt benefit from my E6.
Maybe try JVC S500, which according to others is superb, with great highs.
Check their thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back