V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 6, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #61 of 293
I'm thinking about picking up a Forza for my girlfriend, but she had trouble with most in-ears. Are the Forza's relatively small and if possible size comparisons to Mee Audio M-Duo and Dunu DN-2000J would be great.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #63 of 293
I haven't had in-ear headphones for a long time. How will the sound compare to over-ears like the M-100?

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #64 of 293
I haven't had in-ear headphones for a long time. How will the sound compare to over-ears like the M-100?

Funny, I took my M-100s out today with me along with the Forza that are now kept in my jacket pocket all the time. I think they have a similar sound in terms of the V-MODA house sound with superb, detailed bass. The differences are that the mids are slightly more up front on the Forza and the highs are more sparkly on the M-100. The Forza's highs, to my ears, are more reminiscent to that of the highs of the XS. With that said, I enjoy the M-100 and the Forza a lot. They both get me jamming to my music while still having good detail and imaging.

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #65 of 293
I'm thinking about picking up a Forza for my girlfriend, but she had trouble with most in-ears. Are the Forza's relatively small and if possible size comparisons to Mee Audio M-Duo and Dunu DN-2000J would be great.

I don't know those two but I have also had trouble with IEMs in the past and for that reason, I don't have many and mostly use over-ears. These are the first IEMs that have been completely comfortable. They don't feel invasive and I can wear them for long periods. Very stable in the ear as well. Definitely thinking about picking up the wireless in the near future.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #66 of 293
From what I'm hearing Froza is like an in-ear XS, while the ZN (which I own) def sounds more like the M-100.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #67 of 293
  From what I'm hearing Froza is like an in-ear XS, while the ZN (which I own) def sounds more like the M-100.

Wireless is the biggest factor to me, but it'd be excellent if the Forza Metallo Wireless sounded good enough that it could replace my M-100 in theory. I do like the idea of a bit of a weaker treble for some clearer mids though.

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #68 of 293

Wireless is the biggest factor to me, but it'd be excellent if the Forza Metallo Wireless sounded good enough that it could replace my M-100 in theory. I do like the idea of a bit of a weaker treble for some clearer mids though.

I'm also waiting on the wireless pair, as it doesn't make sense for me to keep two wired pairs, one wired and one wireless is perfect.  I'm sure they will sound spectacular, hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #69 of 293
  I'm also waiting on the wireless pair, as it doesn't make sense for me to keep two wired pairs, one wired and one wireless is perfect.  I'm sure they will sound spectacular, hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Right, probably makes more sense to keep the M-100 as a wired pair for the office and use the Forza Metallo when out-and-about. I do really want the Crossfade Wireless, but I think I'm going to force myself to hold out for v2 which I pray will have an updated ergonomic design.

I do want excellent sound out of the Forza Metallo Wireless that can compete with the best of the modern in-ear headphones, which I hope it offers. My first choice is the Forza Metallo Wireless, but I'm going to also keep an eye out for the BeatsX as it has larger drivers and Apple has been doing some great work making Beats a better brand. The Forza does look more stylish though, and I'd expect V-MODA to come out on top for sound but Beats has been getting better reviews with every release and the BeatsX is the first designed in-house by Apple. I'd buy both to give both a fair shot, but I feel a bit bad doing that type of comparison shopping and returning the runner-up which I'd expect to be the BeatsX.

Considering that the AirPods and BeatsX has been indefinitely delayed, I wonder if V-MODA is having similar issues with the Forza Metallo Wireless. Originally wanted a pair for my birthday in a week from now, but maybe for Christmas? lol I got impatient and did buy a pair of Solo3 to audition due to the W1 chip and Apple buying the brand, so I'm also going to have to consider whether I'll get better sound out of wireless in-ear or on-ear headphones as my portable wireless pair.

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #70 of 293
I was interested in the Forza Wireless, but several previews have mentioned that it lacks the Hi-Res certification that the regular Forza and Forza Metallo have. Now I'm awaiting reviews and comparisons. For the same price I'd rather go Zn if the wireless doesn't sound as good as its cheaper brethren.

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #71 of 293
I was interested in the Forza Wireless, but several previews have mentioned that it lacks the Hi-Res certification that the regular Forza and Forza Metallo have. Now I'm awaiting reviews and comparisons. For the same price I'd rather go Zn if the wireless doesn't sound as good as its cheaper brethren.

The only reason it lacks the Hi-Res certification is because it can't be used in a wired mode to attain the certification. I'm assuming it's the exact same Hi-Res driver.

Convenience of wireless is worth a little loss of clarity. They should sound the same with AAC files, maybe even better on the wireless if the DAC is better than what's found on a phone.

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #72 of 293
The only reason it lacks the Hi-Res certification is because it can't be used in a wired mode to attain the certification. I'm assuming it's the exact same Hi-Res driver.

Convenience of wireless is worth a little loss of clarity. They should sound the same with AAC files, maybe even better on the wireless if the DAC is better than what's found on a phone.

I don't own any Apple products so AAC doesn't matter to me, but the inclusion on a Qualcomm chip could mean AptX support. It's strange though that AptX isn't mentioned on any of the promotional material.

And I'm not concerned that it lacks the Hi-Res badge. None of V-MODA's previous models have it either. I'm just hoping it sounds as good, but the lack of it already tells me it sounds different enough that it may not be worth it to me.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #73 of 293
I don't own any Apple products so AAC doesn't matter to me, but the inclusion on a Qualcomm chip could mean AptX support. It's strange though that AptX isn't mentioned on any of the promotional material.

And I'm not concerned that it lacks the Hi-Res badge. None of V-MODA's previous models have it either. I'm just hoping it sounds as good, but the lack of it already tells me it sounds different enough that it may not be worth it to me.

Was just assuming based on the CFW they may not include aptX, but they do state "CD quality" on the product page so that does indicate aptX support.

I think the Hi-Res badge simply cannot be attained by a wireless headphone as the frequency range over Bluetooth isn't broad enough.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #74 of 293
I have the Forza. I don't think it reaches the sound quality of the M-100. Highs are more upfront, but not quite as refined. Mids and bass are more than fine. Overall it's a very good in-ear for the price point. I can really recommend them, but don't expect a M-100 for the go. If you want that I think you are better off with the Zn's.

@Val, I have three pairs of sport fins (S, M and L) but the weird thing is that I have 2x S and M fins for both the left side. While the L pair I have a R and an L fin as it should be. Is it supposed to be this way? I think it should me logical that you get 3 pairs of sport fins (S, M and L) with a left and right side fin. Not 2x a left side fin.

Please help me with this

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #75 of 293
I have the Forza. I don't think it reaches the sound quality of the M-100. Highs are more upfront, but not quite as refined. Mids and bass are more than fine. Overall it's a very good in-ear for the price point. I can really recommend them, but don't expect a M-100 for the go. If you want that I think you are better off with the Zn's.

@Val, I have three pairs of sport fins (S, M and L) but the weird thing is that I have 2x S and M fins for both the left side. While the L pair I have a R and an L fin as it should be. Is it supposed to be this way? I think it should me logical that you get 3 pairs of sport fins (S, M and L) with a left and right side fin. Not 2x a left side fin.

Please help me with this

You should email V-MODA support. They're quick to respond and service is top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back