V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 27, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #32 of 293
Please, please, please do a pre-order offer for Head-Fi members. I've been driving myself crazy these last few days deciding on wireless headphones and ended up at the Forza Metallo Wireless, after being very close to purchasing Crossfade Wireless. DigitalTrends called the Forza extremely comfortable for all-day use, and a reviewer on Amazon compared Forza Metallo to Sennheiser's IE-800. They look wonderful too, and combined with V-MODA's build quality and the sweat-resistance these should be top-notch. They check all the boxes for what I was looking for in a wireless pair, now I just have to wait for them to ship...

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #34 of 293
  Would buy these in an instant if a *hybrid* or *universal* version (worked with both iOS and Android) existed! 

Heck, I'd pay an extra $15-$20 too! 

It's only the volume button that potentially wouldn't work on the other OS. You'd just have to deal with adjusting the volume from your phone or a smart watch (so it isn't as bad).

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #36 of 293
  Would buy these in an instant if a *hybrid* or *universal* version (worked with both iOS and Android) existed! 

Heck, I'd pay an extra $15-$20 too! 

AFAIK, the only universal wired remote out there is the one that comes with the AKG N20s. There's a switch for iOS or Android use.

Samsung, Sony, LG, Huawei, et al, do not use the same configuration, apparently. Sennheiser mostly markets their "Android" cable as a Samsung cable. I had a pair of one of their workout headphones, and the "Android" remote didn't control the volume on my LG G2.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #37 of 293
I got my Forza Metallos last week and have spent quite a bit of time w/ them over the past week.  Below is my semi-review.  :)

This is a fantastic sport headphone that only falls short of perfection in one area...the rigidness of the cable.  I just am not a fan of the cables that V-MODA uses (on this one, the regular Forza and the Zn), but to get a tangle free, sweat resistant, nearly unbreakable cable, I guess you have to make it a bit more rigid.  Now that that's out of the way, on to the positives.
The fit and comfort of this headphone is nearly perfect.  It's really hard to tell you're even wearing an IEM, outside of the cable.  It's so small and light and ti literally disappears in your ear.  Worn cable up, it removes all microphonics completely, but the issue with that is then the music controls/mic are too high up on your face.  I am really waiting for a company to make an adjustable microphone/button cable, but that has yet to happen.  I have to wear all of my headphones over my ears because they fall out otherwise, so this is a minor inconvenience.  

As for the sound...incredible for what they are being used for.  Definitely a bass heavy headphone which is perfect for working out and loud environments where a lot of those frequencies get drowned out.  When at the gym, these are perfect...which is what they are designed for.  All frequency ranges are really well represented with only the highs not reaching the sparkle of more analytical headphones.  But the V shaped signature is well represented without recessing the mids/voices too much.  I'm actually really suprised that these sound as good as they do.  Part of that has to do with their incredible fit.

The overall package of accessories is good.  Lots of tips, ear hooks and a carrying case, all well presented in the packaging.  V-MODA definitely knows how to package their products and this one is no exception.

The Zn released last year with a lot of hype and deservedly so, but I personally like these Forza Metallos better because of the fit.  So so good.  Kudos to V-MODA in this regard.
Since my main complaint is only cable rigidness, I CANNOT wait for the wireless version of these to release.  Those should also be fantastic.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #40 of 293
Thanks for the review.

Have you ever auditioned Audio Technica? Can you comment on how these compare? Would you say these are good for vocal trance music?

Hey, it depends on which ATH headphone/IEM you're referring to, as many of them sound different, some warmer some not so warm. Generally though, Audio Technicas tend to have a bit more treble in comparison. Which sometimes, may or may not be a good thing when it comes to the genres you are listening to. For example, treble is great for rock but for trance/dance/house not so much as there are higher electronic frequencies that could hurt your hearing if you're listening at louder volumes. The Forza is great for vocal trance/dance because the highs are a bit shy and soft. Makes for a nice listen at louder volumes, not harsh at all. But of course, it's all about preference and if you want a more airy sound on top. The bass on these remind me of actual speakers. V-MODA tends to tune things that make you feel like you're at a club/hall IME.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #43 of 293

Okay.  I plan on using the wings because they tend to stay in my ears better I think.  I don't like the included cable guides.  I find they don't stay put on me. 

I wear them down with just the wings. There's some microphonics similar to other IEMS, however once I have music on I barely notice it. V-MODA also includes a clip so you can clip the cable to your shirt/jacket and this will help with microphonics. I used to use one with my Etys back in the day and it did the trick.

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #44 of 293
  I got my Forza Metallos last week and have spent quite a bit of time w/ them over the past week.  Below is my semi-review.  :)

This is a fantastic sport headphone that only falls short of perfection in one area...the rigidness of the cable.  I just am not a fan of the cables that V-MODA uses (on this one, the regular Forza and the Zn), but to get a tangle free, sweat resistant, nearly unbreakable cable, I guess you have to make it a bit more rigid.  Now that that's out of the way, on to the positives.
The fit and comfort of this headphone is nearly perfect.  It's really hard to tell you're even wearing an IEM, outside of the cable.  It's so small and light and ti literally disappears in your ear.  Worn cable up, it removes all microphonics completely, but the issue with that is then the music controls/mic are too high up on your face.  I am really waiting for a company to make an adjustable microphone/button cable, but that has yet to happen.  I have to wear all of my headphones over my ears because they fall out otherwise, so this is a minor inconvenience.  

As for the sound...incredible for what they are being used for.  Definitely a bass heavy headphone which is perfect for working out and loud environments where a lot of those frequencies get drowned out.  When at the gym, these are perfect...which is what they are designed for.  All frequency ranges are really well represented with only the highs not reaching the sparkle of more analytical headphones.  But the V shaped signature is well represented without recessing the mids/voices too much.  I'm actually really suprised that these sound as good as they do.  Part of that has to do with their incredible fit.

The overall package of accessories is good.  Lots of tips, ear hooks and a carrying case, all well presented in the packaging.  V-MODA definitely knows how to package their products and this one is no exception.

The Zn released last year with a lot of hype and deservedly so, but I personally like these Forza Metallos better because of the fit.  So so good.  Kudos to V-MODA in this regard.
Since my main complaint is only cable rigidness, I CANNOT wait for the wireless version of these to release.  Those should also be fantastic.

Is the Forza as good or better in terms of sonics? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back