V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 14, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #886 of 1,160
  Thanks for the feedback.  I assumed this but saw others say they don't hear any hiss at all.

That's possibly for them they are used to it and just don't notice it.

Most people I think will notice the hiss.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #887 of 1,160
They probably dont hear it. My wife isnt sensitive to it at all. Until I pointed it out, she didnt notice it. She also isnt bothered by it at all. I also notice some people listen to music very loudly, much louder than I can tolerate. I presume those people definitely hear no hiss.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #888 of 1,160
  I've been debating on picking up the CFW but have concerns about the hiss that some people have reported here.  It seems like the hiss is not present for all users when running in wireless mode.  If the hiss is actually there and its not a bug this would be a deal breaker for me.  I hate purchasing a product and then having to return it.  If the pair I receive do have a hiss i'm assuming this would be something covered by vmoda warranty for replacement?  Can anyone who owns these cans comment on the hiss and give your thoughts?

Yeah the V-Moda's hiss using BT, the Ausdom M05 I purchased recently don't hiss at all to my ears, amazing pair of headphones for the money.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #889 of 1,160

Yeah the V-Moda's hiss using BT, the Ausdom M05 I purchased recently don't hiss at all to my ears, amazing pair of headphones for the money.

I looked at getting those but I don't know that I'd be that happy with them after reading Tyll's review.  He made it sound like they had a pretty weak low end; I like my bass tight and pronounced.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #890 of 1,160

The only problem is they are terrible sounding headphones.  I tried em for 65 bucks for sure.  But they are way too tinny and thin sounding from the mids to the highs.  They are pretty comfy and look good at least.  :wink:

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #891 of 1,160
  I looked at getting those but I don't know that I'd be that happy with them after reading Tyll's review.  He made it sound like they had a pretty weak low end; I like my bass tight and pronounced.

There's only one way to find out.

The only problem is they are terrible sounding headphones.  I tried em for 65 bucks for sure.  But they are way too tinny and thin sounding from the mids to the highs.  They are pretty comfy and look good at least.  :wink:

Strange because that's the complete opposite of what I'm hearing when using BT.

Only negative for me is they don't perform as well at lower volumes.

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #892 of 1,160

Strange because that's the complete opposite of what I'm hearing when using BT.

Only negative for me is they don't perform as well at lower volumes.

Maybe I got a bad pair or something, but up against the MDR1ABT, it's not even in the same stratosphere.  Yes, I realize it's $400 vs. $70 but at least give me some decent full sound.  I couldn't have been more disappointed w/ them.  Even the Beats Studio Wireless (on sale for $270 now) sounds significantly more rich and detailed.  Shocking to say.

Feb 18, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #893 of 1,160
I dont have any issues with the hiss in the Vmodas. I am at my kids swiming class and i dont hear any hiss with music playing. I guess if you are in a super quiet enviroment listening to classical music maybe- but at the gym and outside doest not bother me a bit

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #894 of 1,160
I agree, i dont hear it with music running unless the volume is below 25%. But I do hear it in youtube videos where there is primarily speech and no background music. I would assume audio books would be the same situation.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #895 of 1,160

Tinny and thin are words I hate to describe any setup with my audio devices! I remember having that problem with my HT setup a long time ago. Better speakers fixed that!...oh and a KILLER sub!! :wink:

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #896 of 1,160

Maybe I got a bad pair or something, but up against the MDR1ABT, it's not even in the same stratosphere.  Yes, I realize it's $400 vs. $70 but at least give me some decent full sound.  I couldn't have been more disappointed w/ them.  Even the Beats Studio Wireless (on sale for $270 now) sounds significantly more rich and detailed.  Shocking to say.

There was definitely something wrong somewhere.

Feb 23, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #897 of 1,160
I bit the bullet on the crossfade wireless and yes the hiss is there.  It really doesn't bother me though.  The only time i really notice it is when there are VERY VERY quiet sections of music or sometimes at the very end of a song that is fading out.  It's definitely not as big of a deal to me as I thought it might be.

I've seen a lot of people complain about the cliqfold feature not being on these headphones and I honestly like them better without it.  I don't have big indents from the housing of the driver mashed into the cushion on the headband and I also feel like it holds the shape of the headband better after I bend it to fit.  I really like having a little more extra storage room in the case as well.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #898 of 1,160
  I bit the bullet on the crossfade wireless and yes the hiss is there.  It really doesn't bother me though.  The only time i really notice it is when there are VERY VERY quiet sections of music or sometimes at the very end of a song that is fading out.  It's definitely not as big of a deal to me as I thought it might be.

I've seen a lot of people complain about the cliqfold feature not being on these headphones and I honestly like them better without it.  I don't have big indents from the housing of the driver mashed into the cushion on the headband and I also feel like it holds the shape of the headband better after I bend it to fit.  I really like having a little more extra storage room in the case as well.

How are you finding the SQ? What you were expecting?

This seems to be another area where people are getting disappointed.

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #899 of 1,160
I think it sounds decent for a Bluetooth headset. I haven't heard a lot of BT headsets so take that for what it's worth. I have noticed the sound signature is definitely different wired vs bluetooth. I am honestly surprised so many audiophiles have said otherwise. I feel like the bass is a little sloppier and almost overdone while running on BT. I also think that makes the recessed mids a little more noticeable as we'll while on BT mode. Honestly I don't really notice though unless I A/B it to wired mode. I feel like this headphone is very similar to the m-100 when wired. The bass doesn't extend as low but it has not been an issue for me. I use the XL pads so that increases the bass overall anyways and may be why I notice more bass when running on BT.

I wouldn't really consider myself an audiophile, I like bass and I like a headphone that sounds good. I'm not looking for something that is going to be completely neutral. That being said I do producer/audio design work as a hobby so I do appreciate a nice sounding headphone that has detail and I feel the CFE deliver detail but they are definitely a V shape sound headphone. If I am mixing/mastering I wouldn't use this headphone. I would use this as a headphone while on the go, at work, gaming, etc.

I like the CFW and find them enjoyable and will be keeping mine. I like the features of the headphone and find it fun to listen to... Even in BT mode. Is it the best BT headphone? Probably not. Comparing to other headphones in this price range (sub $300) I feel like it is a worthy contender. Sure you could spend more and get something better.. There is always something better.

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #900 of 1,160
I think it sounds decent for a Bluetooth headset. I haven't heard a lot of BT headsets so take that for what it's worth. I have noticed the sound signature is definitely different wired vs bluetooth. I am honestly surprised so many audiophiles have said otherwise. I feel like the bass is a little sloppier and almost overdone while running on BT. I also think that makes the recessed mids a little more noticeable as we'll while on BT mode. Honestly I don't really notice though unless I A/B it to wired mode. I feel like this headphone is very similar to the m-100 when wired. The bass doesn't extend as low but it has not been an issue for me. I use the XL pads so that increases the bass overall anyways and may be why I notice more bass when running on BT.

I wouldn't really consider myself an audiophile, I like bass and I like a headphone that sounds good. I'm not looking for something that is going to be completely neutral. That being said I do producer/audio design work as a hobby so I do appreciate a nice sounding headphone that has detail and I feel the CFE deliver detail but they are definitely a V shape sound headphone. If I am mixing/mastering I wouldn't use this headphone. I would use this as a headphone while on the go, at work, gaming, etc.

I like the CFW and find them enjoyable and will be keeping mine. I like the features of the headphone and find it fun to listen to... Even in BT mode. Is it the best BT headphone? Probably not. Comparing to other headphones in this price range (sub $300) I feel like it is a worthy contender. Sure you could spend more and get something better.. There is always something better.

I'm picking up  a pair of CFW in a few days and I'm really excited to test them out. I liked the M-100s sound signature and build of the headphones, so I take these a a good option?

Unfortunately, they don't sell V-modas in any store here in Finland :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back