V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 4, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #136 of 1,160
  Seems like you can connect TWO sources. Now i just wish they had a mic attachment without the cable (a blue tooth boompro?) since the mic it has will be just enough for calls or conference calls, but imagine trying to talk in a windy situation or loud environment.

Multitasking users can also pair the headphones with two sources at a time, such as smartphone and laptop for work or smartphone and smartwatch for a workout.... you can press play/pause on one device and the other will start.

How well do  these work with multiple devices (IE: multipoint)?

I  do quite a few conference calls for work, some of which take place on my Mac and some on my iPhone, so it's important to me that these can work relatively gracefully in that situation.

It has a built-in mic in wireless mode that is very capable in most situations.  For the BEST sounding mic, we still recommend the BoomPro.  So, the built-in wireless mic is great and we spend a LONG LONG time tuning it (especially indoors), but it IS in the bottom of the headphone so it is further from your mouth. But it is as good as we could get it, and it works great...

BoomPro Mic > 1-Button SpeakEasy > Built-in Wireless Mic - but they all are as good as we can get them with their technology and physical distance from your mouth limitations

So if gunmetal delayed, when will they be out?

2-3 weeks we hope... I believe White and Chrome are shipping already!  We are doing a very slow production run to ensure every unit is perfect.

Seems like you can connect TWO sources. Now i just wish they had a mic attachment without the cable (a blue tooth boompro?) since the mic it has will be just enough for calls or conference calls, but imagine trying to talk in a windy situation or loud environment.

See above... I was using the built-in wireless mic walking in NYC in the wind all week and nobody complained at all and said I sounded very good.  I switched to the 1-button SpeakEasy and the phone's built in mic and they couldn't tell much difference at all. I admit, all mics work way worse in Italy than in USA - there seems to be a lot more Vespa scooters, motorcycles and sirens that really make the mics (and people) go crazy!!!

Also, we now sell the Apple 3-button MFI SpeakEasy cable here:  

http://v-moda.com/3-button-speakeasy-cable/

In the future I'll try to think of a Bluetooth compatible BoomPro, but I think we have 99% of use cases covered for calling, gaming, voice recognition/dictation and communication.  

PS - the BoomPro + SpeakEasy cables work GREAT with the PS4 and XBOX ONE Controllers built-in 3.5mm jack (XBOX one has adapter).  You can even use them for watching movies or TV shows on Netflix, try it!

-V

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #138 of 1,160
  PS - the BoomPro + SpeakEasy cables work GREAT with the PS4 and XBOX ONE Controllers built-in 3.5mm jack (XBOX one has adapter). 

The XB1 controllers re-released in July w/ the 3.5mm built in finally.  Sony got it right from the jump to include it.  But yes, for older Xbox Ones you can just use their adapter and the V-MODAs work perfectly.  I've been using the entire lineup on my gaming systems without fail.

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #140 of 1,160
Why is the Gunmetal not coming out for another 2 to 3 weeks? That'd make delivery almost October or late September.

Quote:

We changed all to expire 9/30.

RAVE REVIEWS UPDATE!

I am on a press tour in NYC and met with Gizmodo, CNET, Toms Hardware, Business Insider, NY Times, Phone Arena and I gave them all demos in wired vs wired mode on the Crossfade Wireless.  Most of these editors use the M-100 on a daily basis and they were all VERY impressed by the Crossfade Wireless sound.

They all said they couldn't tell any or much difference in wired vs wireless and loved the sound.  I told them "it's our newest wired analog purist headphone that happens to have a wireless mode"!

I cannot wait for more impressions once they ship.  We finished the mass production of most colors except the Gunmetal Black, so they'll be out very soon!

Cheers,

-V

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #141 of 1,160
Am I the only one who wants to know why the wireless doesn't have the cliqfold feature? Was it technically impossible on the wireless for some reason or are you planning on offering that feature on an update version down the road?

Val could you please comment on this. Thanks

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #142 of 1,160
Well my chrome wireless phones came in today!  They are awesome!  I don't have any other Vmoda's to compare them to...  The shields haven't shipped yet so I don't have them to install.  Nice packaging BTW!

Sep 4, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #144 of 1,160
Am I the only one who wants to know why the wireless doesn't have the cliqfold feature? Was it technically impossible on the wireless for some reason or are you planning on offering that feature on an update version down the road?

Val could you please comment on this. Thanks
I've asked a few times and I'm yet to see a comment, the lack of Cliq-folds is the only thing putting me off really.

Sep 5, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #146 of 1,160
There is no Matte Black. The 4 colors are:

Phantom Chrome
Rouge
Gunmetal
White Silver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back