V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #17 of 1,160

I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on the VTF WIRELESS! A quick question though: Does it have a built-in mic to take phone calls over Bluetooth?

YES IT DOES have a built in hidden mic on the right front side.... and it has been tuned as best as we can to work in any environment and with Siri/Cortana/Google Now/OK Google. I use it all the time and people say it sounds great.  Like any omni-directional mic, loud restaurants, etc are always tougher.  But for everyday, it is like having a conference room wherever you go.  I use it for business meetings even when I am out running.

-V

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #18 of 1,160
Might I ask why Cliq Fold wasn't included?  Is it to keep the price at the 300 dollar mark?  That's the only thing I can think of...or are the cups a bit bigger, making it impossible to fold properly?

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #20 of 1,160
  Great news Val!

Should we assume BT4.1 (standard latency, not the latest low latency) with apt-X codec support?

Will be curious to test and to compare to the latest Momentum 2 wireless, P5 Wireless, and Stance S1+

ditto
I would like to know if the Crossfade wireless supports APT-X as well

Thanks!

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #21 of 1,160
It's an unfortunate that the folding mechanism got removed.  If I have the option, I would rather exchange the $150 voucher to keep the CliqFold instead of some fancy plates.  For a portable headphone especially now with bluetooth wireless, compact size matters even more.  That's a big reason why my LP2 and Momentum stays home, I tried, but it just doesn't work out.  Thanks for the effort on the wireless breakthrough though, it's exciting news; but for now, that's a deal breaker for me.  Hopefully there will be a more "complete" crossfade wireless in the future.  I'll stick with the trusty LP2 and M-100 for now.

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #24 of 1,160
What specs does the built-in amplifier have (for wireless mode)?

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #25 of 1,160
Hi, I am going to take the chance to ask Val if they have Mexican distros, particularly in Mexico City. I have seen some of your cans here, but not generally available, not to mention that some people ussually charges an arm and a leg for them. Thanks and congrats on the new can.

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #26 of 1,160
Wait, so these can't be folded anymore? It'll be like the Sennheiser Momentum 1st gen?

Btw any active noise cancellation on this?

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #28 of 1,160
Could you post a picture of the size of the case it comes with to scale with the M-100, Val?

Way more hyped about this than I should be at this hour!

All I hope is the sound truly is as good or better than the M-100, which has quickly become my favorite headphone.

When will retailers offer the Crossfade Wireless, and will it retail for $300? Although as long as the soundstage and overall sound aren't affected by the change to wireless it seems likely I'll purchase a pair through the pre-order. Of course I do have a concern wearing these outside of it starts raining (on a walk/run) and not being able to pocket it. If somebody could solve that issue then they'd have a perfect pair of over-ears!

Are the ear pads the same as the stock pads on the M-100?

It's so beautiful as is I wish we could just have a $150 V-MODA credit :wink:. A few more shots of the different colors to make the choice easier?

Even though I probably shouldn't be, I'm skeptical the Wireless will be better than or as good as the M-100.

Kudos!

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #30 of 1,160
Also -- although I purchased my M-100 at the end of April and do not regret owning it for the months leading up to the Wireless's launch at all, I loved the M-100 so much that I convinced a friend to purchase a M-100 and today would put him one day out of the Microsoft Store's return policy. If he decides to purchase the Wireless, would he be able to return the M-100 to V-MODA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back