V-moda crossfade vs. Roc Nation for ipod use only
Aug 20, 2011 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mkhdf1985

New Head-Fier
I need to know which one of these are better for my ipod touch. Specifically which one is louder through the ipod. I also prefer a lot of treble and little bass. I only got to hear the Skull Candy Roc nation at my local apple store but did not get to hear the crossfade. So please let me know which one I should get. Thank you.

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 7
I have the crossfades, and they are great value for money. I preferred them to the XB700 in a side by side comparison and they can be had for just about the same money

Quote:
Heya,

The Crossfades have lower impedance, and will get louder, basically.

Have you considered other quality headphones for that hefty price tag you seem to be willing to pay for these things?

Very best,

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
I need to know which one of these are better for my ipod touch. Specifically which one is louder through the ipod. I also prefer a lot of treble and little bass. I only got to hear the Skull Candy Roc nation at my local apple store but did not get to hear the crossfade. So please let me know which one I should get. Thank you.

can tell you, the Crossfade LPs were tuned with the iPod Touch, iPhone 4 and iPad's DAC.  Every device and every song is different remember...

Katz law for mastering tracks: "The length of silence between two successive plays is proportional to the number of incorrect conclusions."

(not including devices, ergonomics, QC of brands, etc!)

-v

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 7
TBH, i tried the Crossfades at an apple store and found them seriously bad. The bass was just farty and there was TOO MUCH mids and hardly any highs .__. . Tested it with an iPod Touch without any amp btw.

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 7
 I do think that both V-moda products and skullcandy products are more targeted towards an audience leaning more towards fashion rather than sound. I can say though, I was surprised by the Crossfades when I tried them, they weren't quite the "just another set of DJ cans" I thought they would be. I think there are a couple of other options though. you can get a nice pair of portable Sennheisers maybe, or even Grados (incredibly low impedance). You can find some nice sonys in that price range as well. and just one more thing, if you're willing to pay 300, the Beyerdynamic DT1350s are absolutely AMAZING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back