V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #2,131 of 2,828
Most adults can't hear to 20k.  This is normal and not a sign of damage.  It's a sign that you're not a kid anymore.

Quote:
It sounds great, doesnt it?! Just wishing it was more comfortable with a 3db increase in the sub bass region.
Thru that site, I was able to hear the 20Hz. I found out I can only hear up to 16KHz. :'-( I thought I took great care of my ears.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #2,132 of 2,828
I just got the FiiO E11.  I had previously been driving my V-Moda M-80s straight out of my iPod Classic.  With the FiiO E11, the sound is now more smooth, full, and spacious.  It is a nice little upgrade.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #2,134 of 2,828
Does anyone get a slight emphasis on the left ear can? Is cuz of the cable plugging to the left? I find bass and vocals to be slightly emphasized to the left. I can't tell if its the headphones or my ears..

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #2,135 of 2,828
Probably your ears.  You didn't try flipping the headphone around (left channel to the right ear and vice versa)?

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #2,137 of 2,828
Does anyone get a slight emphasis on the left ear can? Is cuz of the cable plugging to the left? I find bass and vocals to be slightly emphasized to the left. I can't tell if its the headphones or my ears..

Mine did that to me and I sent them in just in case. TBH I don't notice to much of a difference, if any at all, although if it drives you crazy enough sending them in just to be sure couldn't hurt.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #2,139 of 2,828
I'm CRAZY about having centered sound.
I was frustrated for over a month owning the M80 because I thought my left side was louder than my right side...
Eventually I got used to it. Maybe there wasn't a problem after all.

I still find them slightly uncomfortable. They don't sit flat on my ears and lean forward too much, creating more pressure on one location of my ear instead of distributing the force evenly. They're still miles ahead my M50s so I don't have much to complain about, really.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2,140 of 2,828
I think a lot of it has to do that they're On Ear Headphones, and you'll notice really quick which ear you can hear better out of, since there isn't as much space inside as say an Over Ear Headphone. It drove me crazy the first time I listened, and the only way I could stop worrying was to send them in.

I noticed that I tend to hear more out of my right ear more with my Sony Headphones, but it doesn't bug me as much since they're Over Ear.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #2,141 of 2,828
Okay. cool.

For those that sent them in, did it fix the "problem". This is important as it'll determine whether i'll send them in :p

If not then I'll take comfort knowing it's not just me/ a defection

Thanks! It's not glaring, just barely noticeable, especially in metal. most likely my ears, hopefully

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #2,142 of 2,828
I also want to add that these headphones are freaking amazing in terms of clarity, bass and vocals.

I give these my ringing, if worthless, endorsement! Upgrading from senn hd439

Users who are viewing this thread

Back