V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #646 of 2,828
I am also looking at M80s vs. LP2s. I would love the bass from the LP2s, but I'm also worried about the bass being too much for when I listen to Jazz.

I'm also worried that I wouldn't enjoy Hip Hop and Techno/Trance/House as much with the M80s.

I love the quantity of bass in the Beats Studios.

My only other minor problem with the LP2s is that they don't look as good as the M80s and only come in the boring black color.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #647 of 2,828

Quote:
I am also looking at M80s vs. LP2s. I would love the bass from the LP2s, but I'm also worried about the bass being too much for when I listen to Jazz.

I'm also worried that I wouldn't enjoy Hip Hop and Techno/Trance/House as much with the M80s.

My only other minor problem with the LP2s is that they don't look as good as the M80s and only come in the boring black color.

Given the copious stylings of the LP2 that Val has in his gallery on his website on the heads of celebrities, it would be pretty funny if they only sold to consumers in black. I doubt this is the case though.

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #648 of 2,828
Hi Val, what do you do with all the prototype models? I'm sure some headfiers would be happy to take them and help fund your future research. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #649 of 2,828
I think that you almost need some pictures that show someone carrying the exoskeleton, or in a backpack or next to a pile of books or ipod, something to add perspective. (Maybe they're there but I missed them.) I expected the M80 and exoskeleton to be huge but I was so impressed by the size and how truly portable they were...and light! Super impressive design.

Quote:

I still can't give up my M-80, as it is so ULTRA portable and easy to wear/carry everywhere. 
-v

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #650 of 2,828

Quote:

Maybe get the LP2s and custom shields!  Unfortunately, we have to cut down on colors for now when we release new models as I can then offer a larger variety of core features.  But we'll offer the customs, and then when the time is right we'll add more base colors when we can!

We used to LAUNCH with 5-8 colors of a model, but we are doing 1 + 2-12 shields now.

PROTOTYPES
Right now they just go in storage, once in a while we give them to pro DJs and musicians (Justin Timberlake has the only WHITE Vibrato, I'm jealous).    If they have high enough build and ergonomic quality, I'll bring them to the next Head-Fi/Can-Jam meet and give ya'll access to pick them up for a discount.   We hope to open up a store in LA in 2Q, we could also sell them there! 

COLOR SCHEME?
Quick q - do you like the M-80 Shadow or the LP2 Matte Black Metal color scheme better?  I love them both... its tough!

-v

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #651 of 2,828
COLOR SCHEME?
Quick q - do you like the M-80 Shadow or the LP2 Matte Black Metal color scheme better?  I love them both... its tough!

-v

Both are sick looking. But I'd be even more tempted to get custom shield with the Matte Black Metal. And if someone doesn't want custom shields, they're still sleek, classy and tough. Can't go wrong, imo.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #652 of 2,828
I like both color schemes. Also on the shields, I love the black shields and the free red kit I got. Atm I just have red on the left and black on the right =P

But I would love to see maybe a brushed red once you guys start making more shield options, I love the red color but love the brushed look of the black shields. :D

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #654 of 2,828

Quote:
Considering it'd be on the go and the isolation is important, I'd probably have to say the LP2 would be better suited for you if only for the fact that they're more comfortable, more sleek, and have the best isolation.

As for your genres, I listen to a lot of rock, oldies, orchestra (OSTs for like Final Fantasy for example), and the LP2 handle them very well. I think I can say that the LP2 performs well with most genres, but for any songs that have a good bass presence, it will seem like the bass is what's most emphasized.

I've also got to say that the LP2 have been used for not only music but for gaming and for movie use for me, and they work well for those uses too.

Those are just my insight and usage that I have for my LP2.

Lastly, there is a 60 day auditioning period, if I remember correctly. The best way to properly audition both is to get both right now so you can compare them directly. Otherwise, get whichever one, see how it fits well for you and if it doesn't work for you, send it back in and try again.

Hmmm, I don't know.  I'll either get the M-80's and like I said return for the LP2's if I don't like the comfort /isolation, or get the LP2's and return for the M-80's if I can't stand the sound.

But personally, which do you prefer to listen to music to?  And would you enjoy listening to the M-80s if you were in a noisy classroom?

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #655 of 2,828
Justin Timberlake....
deadhorse.gif

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #656 of 2,828
His music isn't my thing, but I think he's actually decent as an actor. His voice bugs me though; like he's still a teenager. 

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #657 of 2,828

Quote:

Maybe get the LP2s and custom shields!  Unfortunately, we have to cut down on colors for now when we release new models as I can then offer a larger variety of core features.  But we'll offer the customs, and then when the time is right we'll add more base colors when we can!

We used to LAUNCH with 5-8 colors of a model, but we are doing 1 + 2-12 shields now.

PROTOTYPES
Right now they just go in storage, once in a while we give them to pro DJs and musicians (Justin Timberlake has the only WHITE Vibrato, I'm jealous).    If they have high enough build and ergonomic quality, I'll bring them to the next Head-Fi/Can-Jam meet and give ya'll access to pick them up for a discount.   We hope to open up a store in LA in 2Q, we could also sell them there! 

COLOR SCHEME?

-v

Thanks for the reply. I love how my m80s sound and look. I will end up getting red shields for them.

I would customize the look of the LP2, but I would've loved the color choice of the LP1s.
Since I feel my m80s are not even bass for certain genres, I'm going to pick up LP1s in white for when I need my bass fix. I love that color scheme and I can't go wrong with the excellent price on the LP1s.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #659 of 2,828

Quote:

I'm trying, was with Jude @ Head-Fi HQ til 5am last night trying out M-100 options!!!  czech it out!  Although I have to say, the hybrid M/LP sound we have now is SIIIIICKKK.  I was smiling ear to ear, especially when I wore it outside walking down 5th Ave in NYC with a headphone amp.  It performed better than any headphone I've ever heard in my life, it was life-changing for me...  stay tuned!  PS - the MSRP of this guy is as of now $299, we debuted the M-100 in a first test drive last week live at a DJ Gig with Erick Morillo, I made him a 24k gold one!  

-v 

holy **** are you telling me your combining m-80 sq with some lp2 excitement? I would die for a m80 and lp2 hybrid XD. I've been torn between the audiophile sound of the m80 and the mind blowing lp2 sound..

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #660 of 2,828

Quote:

holy **** are you telling me your combining m-80 sq with some lp2 excitement? I would die for a m80 and lp2 hybrid XD. I've been torn between the audiophile sound of the m80 and the mind blowing lp2 sound..

Right now the M-100 prototype sounds just like that - its more like a "MLP2-100" with extra ultra-extended treble (its a new driver). It is audiophile mids+highs with LP2ish bass, it is quite intriguing on what to do next...  Only me, Jude and my #2 has heard it so far...I absolutely LOVE it, it is by far my fav headphone I've ever heard in my life... but I feel those looking for an M-80 sound may be a tad disappointed as it's bass is still a bit low-end shaking vs as as detailed as M-80.  Also, by virtue of its larger drivers vs M-80 the M-100 will perform better amped up.  Therefore, the wait will have to continue...  I need a Head-Fi focus group, stat!  Is there a big enough "medium-bass-head + extended treblehead club"? 

M-80 Amped
Today listening to M-80 with some new amps + enhancements, wow...  I think no matter what I make next, M-80 will be my portable + gym headphone of choice for a long time as it fits nice around the neck and has such a small backpack footprint.  It's also very versatile for genres, been listening to some Frank Sinatra and classical lately.

-v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back