V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #601 of 2,828
Having just travelled with my M-80 on a long flight, if I can make a request to Val, can you make cables/adapters compatible for airline adapters? Would love to watch movies with the M-80s instead.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #603 of 2,828

Quote:
Having just travelled with my M-80 on a long flight, if I can make a request to Val, can you make cables/adapters compatible for airline adapters? Would love to watch movies with the M-80s instead.

HEY - I have a tip - just put it in one of the jacks, then pull it out slightly until it comes into stereo!  

BINGO - its mono but you'll get mono in both L/R!!!

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #604 of 2,828

Quote:

many of us thought more as a over-ear m-80 derived.for one more amazing yet unique signature from v-moda would be another big step for the company,step by step gaining the head-fier recognition,the point i would add is that the more of us probably would like a signature similar to the more "neutral" m-80 than the "bass-club" LP.i saw many of us thinking on buying the "m-80" with bigger pads because the great success from the same one.

I'm trying, was with Jude @ Head-Fi HQ til 5am last night trying out M-100 options!!!  czech it out!  Although I have to say, the hybrid M/LP sound we have now is SIIIIICKKK.  I was smiling ear to ear, especially when I wore it outside walking down 5th Ave in NYC with a headphone amp.  It performed better than any headphone I've ever heard in my life, it was life-changing for me...  stay tuned!  PS - the MSRP of this guy is as of now $299, we debuted the M-100 in a first test drive last week live at a DJ Gig with Erick Morillo, I made him a 24k gold one!  

-v 

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #605 of 2,828

OT: Just saw MI: Ghost Protocol. LP2s being used by agent Ethan Hunt! V-MODA represent!

Originally Posted by miragez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-.- Wow I watch that movie but never take note of the headset he was wearing was it the part when they were in the train ?

W.W.T.C.W.? What would Tom Cruise Wear! Could you see him in Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol scene wearing any other brand? 

V-MODA has a policy we NEVER EVER pay to play*, we don't like Fugazi marketing.  So if you see V-MODA in videos, DJs, product placement its always Au Natural and untainted.

*WE DO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PAY CELEBS AND PEOPLE NOT TO WEAR V-MODA... that's how we roll, esp the way reality TV works now days.

TACTICAL + FASHIONABLE:

Close Up

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #606 of 2,828
Great job! Looking forward to them. How's the isolation like compared to the M-80? I'd guess it's similar to the LP2?

SQ-wise how close have you managed to get it close to the M-80?
I assume closer since your last update a few weeks' back.

Purely pricing-wise I see that you're going head-on against the Dr.Dre Beats Studio (yes, yes, SQ-wise I'm very sure it's NO comparison at all :)).

I'm looking forward to this headphone .

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #607 of 2,828
Looking forward to my M80, ordered them a few days ago.  Too bad I live overseas, so waiting will take some time :frowning2:

I have only heard good things about it and also look forward to the M100!

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #608 of 2,828
Hi guys, I've been considering getting the M80 for my birthday in about a month and a half but I have a few questions:
  1. Is the treble "boring," in anyway, as in are they too muffled or dull?
  2. How are these with metal? with post-rock (i.e sigur ros, explosions in the sky, mono)?
  3. Should I wait for the M100? Will that be out in time? 
Thanks Head Fi!

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #609 of 2,828

Quote:
Hi guys, I've been considering getting the M80 for my birthday in about a month and a half but I have a few questions:
  1. Is the treble "boring," in anyway, as in are they too muffled or dull?
  2. How are these with metal? with post-rock (i.e sigur ros, explosions in the sky, mono)?
  3. Should I wait for the M100? Will that be out in time? 
Thanks Head Fi!

Treble is not dull or boring.  It is laid back but very good.  I also listen to the same music as you and I think they sound great with them.  If you're waiting that long, maybe M100 will be out by then.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #610 of 2,828

Quote:
Treble is not dull or boring.  It is laid back but very good.  I also listen to the same music as you and I think they sound great with them.  If you're waiting that long, maybe M100 will be out by then.

Thanks! It always makes me happy to hear people listen to the same stuff I do :). I wonder of the M100 will be out by early February? But I think it is out of my price range... I really hope metal (Opeth, Periphery, TesseracT, Cynic, amesoeurs) sound good on the M80.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #611 of 2,828
The M-100 looks like they will be out of my price range, and I don't like the size of the M-80's.  So will the LP2's be an ok choice?  I like to have a good bass, but I also listen to less bass heavy music and wondering if the LP2's will still be a good choice.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #612 of 2,828
I've been using vmoda in ear buds ever since i saw the bass freqs reviewed on cnet and now im hooked on the vibratos. I'm using the logitech G35 for my computer and I'm looking into headphones i can use with my mp3 player and phone, and that are over-ear also, im not looking for bass heavy so I'm really interested in the m-100. I'm not thrilled about spending 300 dollars, but if that's the price for quality i'll pay it. I'll keep coming back for more information on the m-100, can't wait for realease!

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #614 of 2,828

Quote:
Looks like the M100 is out of my price range as well.

Going to wait for that special Head-Fi 50% off promotion *wink wink* :)

Quote:
I've been using vmoda in ear buds ever since i saw the bass freqs reviewed on cnet and now im hooked on the vibratos. I'm using the logitech G35 for my computer and I'm looking into headphones i can use with my mp3 player and phone, and that are over-ear also, im not looking for bass heavy so I'm really interested in the m-100. I'm not thrilled about spending 300 dollars, but if that's the price for quality i'll pay it. I'll keep coming back for more information on the m-100, can't wait for realease!

Both you guys need to get creative and get the money. Sell a kidney or maybe even an eye or two Having two kidneys and two eyes is completely over rated.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #615 of 2,828

Quote:

-v 

Sorry to be off topic, but I noticed the Shure SRH1840's lying on the table next to the Beyers, did you get a chance to listen to them, Val? I'm not asking for any opinions about them, just a simple yes or no answer will do. I was just curious since they haven't been released by Shure yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the M-100's turn out! I would like to compare them to my Shure SRH940's since they're in the same price-range.   ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back