V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #121 of 2,828

Quote:
If you watch the Vmoda video they show how you can stretch the headband as part of how versatile they are. If you bend the headband like they show it will make them have less clamp and make them more comfortable.

well I tried doing that but even though my head is small and not big its still feel like something is squeezing the brains out of my head ....

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #124 of 2,828

Quote:
I'm using the audio only cable on my computer and it gives the ticking randomly. I can't really test because it will just come suddenly. Plugging it into my ipod is fine though. No problem. Actually when I think about it. it's the audio only that gives that ticking noise. It doesn't happen on my mic one. 

what software are you using? clipping if common with some daps if you dont have the correct driver.

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #125 of 2,828

Quote:
in the 3 options for cables can u tell me which is better because i'm struggling of which version to buy as they provide different type of cable

the one with ipod controls is very convenient, if you use an ipod. is about 1.5 meter
the audio only is softer, docile and nicer to the touch, but longer, 2 meter.

Quote:
Any chance of an Android compatible cable? That would easily skyrocket the M-80s to the top of my list for portables to buy.

cant help here but I would like to know this as well.
I know the cable with mic works in blackberries, I've used it for calling and its all fine.

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #126 of 2,828

Quote:
I also had to get the V80 since they were 40 dollar cheaper. Now I have burned this for a day. At first it sounded medicore after 13-14 hours of burn in. Then I gave it a rest and let it burn again for 6-7 hours more. I don't know what was wrong wit my ears before but it is sounding way more improved. Dynamic sound, vibrant bass, music becomes warm n lively. About the bass for some reason I think they are little too quick to roll of. I am not sure how to explain it but needs more listening. Just listened to some Joe Satriani flac files on my cowon J3 on normal eq. I can honestly say I was lost into the music so much I even had my girl friend waiting for so long on skype completely forgetting she was even on there
biggrin.gif
Only negative for me so far is they kinda hurt my ear but need to mention this my first on ear headphone. I am used to in and over ear. This do become a little tight on my ear hopefully they will soften up over time.

Lucky you guys are able to get the V80's/M80's for so cheap. They're not available here yet in Japan but some ppl are doing parallel imports and selling them for a whopping USD$553 before delivery :-

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/iroha-shop/ccc178/

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #127 of 2,828

Quote:
Lucky you guys are able to get the V80's/M80's for so cheap. They're not available here yet in Japan but some ppl are doing parallel imports and selling them for a whopping USD$553 before delivery :-

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/iroha-shop/ccc178/

They will should be hitting Japan in <10 days. These are our second shipment, only change is slightly smaller case and package. The package now has a removable outer sleeve so that you can keep it in the office/room/closet and not have all the marketing graphics on it.
Quote:
Any chance of an Android compatible cable? That would easily skyrocket the M-80s to the top of my list for portables to buy.

The 1-button M-80 comes with is for all Androids and Windows 7.0/7.5 Mango phones.  It also now works for Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc...  This is why we include two cables in the box (or 3 on V-MODA.com). 

View the compatibility Matrix and charts on right and bottom of product page for full compatibility info:

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-80/ 

From site:

Universal Compatibility and Microphone Communication
M-80 comes with 2 microphone-enabled cables for universal compatibility with all modern mobile and audio devices. The 3-Button remote microphone cable is designed for the latest Apple devices, including iPhone®,iPad®, iPod®, and Macbook series. The 1-Button microphone cable works perfectly on Android®, Windows 7, BlackberryTM, tablets, notebook, MP3 and audio devices.

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #128 of 2,828
After 4 days of listening to this headphone paired with my cowon j3 I just can't take it off now
L3000.gif
..It sounds incredibly good. Getting rid of the bose ae2 a month after buying them to get this turned out to be very smart. The reason I love this so much now is mostly because this is exactly what I was looking for. Portable, stylish and an all round sound signature. Thanks V-Moda

Nov 14, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #130 of 2,828
I don't know about you guys, but I want to see some V-Moda Portable Orthos.  I'd like a small, low profile circumaurial set around the size of something like the Phiaton MS400, but with true circumaurial pads, angled slightly, detachable short cables, pliable and conforming headband with no gaps on the sides of my head, absent the Y connector swivel piece that attaches to the earcups ( man I hate those, there are so many easier and cheaper solutions to that...yuk so ugly ) something easily driven that does not require immense amplification to sound decent :)

Yea...I day dream a lot :O

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #131 of 2,828

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but I want to see some V-Moda Portable Orthos.  I'd like a small, low profile circumaurial set around the size of something like the Phiaton MS400, but with true circumaurial pads, angled slightly, detachable short cables, pliable and conforming headband with no gaps on the sides of my head, absent the Y connector swivel piece that attaches to the earcups ( man I hate those, there are so many easier and cheaper solutions to that...yuk so ugly ) something easily driven that does not require immense amplification to sound decent :)

Yea...I day dream a lot :O

This would probably be my dream headphone. MS400 sized cups, but with pads that aren't as broad as the MS400s, something thin but taught, like on the Bose AE2s. That would be freaking brilliant. I think the AE2 have a design worth copying...only with quality sound, a mic, and higher quality construction and isolation. That at under $250 = definite purchase.

I like that you have these same thoughts; I'm really close to deciding to keep my MS400 just because the size is absolutely perfect :D

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #132 of 2,828

Quote:
so there is no difference in sound quality comparing the 3 cables?

I personally didn't notice any difference in SQ between them. However, I will say that the regular one (which has no buttons or controls on it) is a little too long for comfort. If you are just sitting at your desk or computer listening, it seems like there is a bit too much excess cable to have to constantly be dealing with.

Just my 2 cents. . .

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #133 of 2,828

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but I want to see some V-Moda Portable Orthos...

You could always transplant an ortho driver into a Crossfade shell...

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #134 of 2,828
Crossfades housing and headband are not at all to my liking, which is why I asked for something nicer.  I want V-Moda to make NEW Ortho drivers, I don't want to steal them from another companies model and perform surgery :p  I'd like a warranty with my Orthos, ya know what I'm sayin' yo'?

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #135 of 2,828
I believe Val has said they've already invested into developing their own proprietary drivers, so orthos are not on the horizon for them unfortunately.

I've never tried a Crossfade, it just seemed a more likely candidate for potential transplant. I wonder if something could be transplanted into an M80... their drivers are 40 mm I believe, and the SFI drivers and old fostex are around the same size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back