V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #2,116 of 2,828

DaBomb77766

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Posts
3,068
Likes
70
Quote:
I just got a new pair of m 80 from amazon. I was listening to it everything is good. I like the sound wish it had a little bit more bass. I streched the headband a little and now i can hear something is loose in the left earphone. Sound is normal to me but When its off and i move the headphone around i can hear something moving inside...Im so scared i think i broke something.

Ask customer support about it, they'll get it fixed as soon as possible.
 
The bass can be a bit light if you're used to headphones with more!  But it's of fairly high quality, I just wished it extended a little lower into the sub bass.  It's still pretty impactful though.  Many people actually feel it's too much.
 
Nov 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2,117 of 2,828

djsquared

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Posts
179
Likes
28
Hey everyone, I have an orange one-button speakeasy cable that came with my M-100s, but I mostly use an iPhone, so I really miss not having volume control. Do any M-80 owners here use have a 3-button cable they'd like to trade? (see Jude's M-100 unboxing for the cable I have). I posted an ad in the FS/Trade forum about a month and a half ago, but it hasn't gotten much attention.
 
PM me if you have a 3-button cable to trade! Thx.
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #2,119 of 2,828

Boullion

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Posts
37
Likes
10
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys,
 
I just got my M80. I have a question for you guys--compared to the m50s and ultrasones 580, is it an upgrade?

i was thinking about gifting it.

 
Maybe technically speaking it is an upgrade, but it depends strongly on your personal tastes. For example, I love the sound of the M50, but for me the M-80 are just like "meh".

 
It surprises me every time to see how different people's tastes can be. My opinion is essentially the inverse of yours
biggrin.gif

 
Dec 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #2,121 of 2,828

baby281

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 30, 2012
Posts
3
Likes
0
Hmm the sound seems to have gone now. Everything is back to normal..Loving these headphones. This is my first "real" headphone by the way lol The only other good sound i have is a Corsair SP2500 hooked to my PC. 
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #2,122 of 2,828

jmsilva22

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Posts
365
Likes
38
The M-80 are the best on-ears headphones I ever had period. The only reason I sold them is that I moved on to using over-ears.
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #2,123 of 2,828

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Posts
7,556
Likes
337
Location
USA
Quote:
Ask customer support about it, they'll get it fixed as soon as possible.
 
The bass can be a bit light if you're used to headphones with more!  But it's of fairly high quality, I just wished it extended a little lower into the sub bass.  It's still pretty impactful though.  Many people actually feel it's too much.

 
Subbass roll-off?  Burn it in or adjust their position on your ears.  The M80 should reach down to 20Hz audibly without a problem and you should be able to feel a little of the subsonic bass as well.
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #2,124 of 2,828

robm321

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Posts
7,971
Likes
208
The bass reaches pretty deep and there's plenty of it. Ear position may be the culprit.
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2,125 of 2,828

Uruha

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 29, 2010
Posts
359
Likes
11
You guys are on crack. The bass drops significantly after 30 Hz. 20 Hz sounds like its struggling or some guy down the street farting.
 
Unless this is off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tr9-PzJl_c
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #2,126 of 2,828

DaBomb77766

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Posts
3,068
Likes
70
Quote:
 
Subbass roll-off?  Burn it in or adjust their position on your ears.  The M80 should reach down to 20Hz audibly without a problem and you should be able to feel a little of the subsonic bass as well.

I've had mine for over half a year, they've been burnt in. :p  This is in comparison to the M-100 and something like the GR07.
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #2,127 of 2,828

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Posts
7,556
Likes
337
Location
USA
Quote:
You guys are on crack. The bass drops significantly after 30 Hz. 20 Hz sounds like its struggling or some guy down the street farting.
 
Unless this is off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tr9-PzJl_c

 
The 20-30Hz bass is loud and clear for me.  Hopefully your ears aren't bad. 
tongue.gif

I can feel the 15-20Hz bass.  Softly, but surely.  I like that.
I use an audiocheck.net wav file played back in foobar.
 
Dec 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #2,128 of 2,828

Pott

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Posts
413
Likes
80
Just got mine about a week ago: I LOVE the sound, but they're uncomfortable.
I can keep my HD-25s for several hours without them hurting my ears. But the M-80 will hurt my ears even after a couple of hours.
 
I tend to spend my working hours with my headphones on as much as I can, so that was a big disappointment :frowning2:
I think I'll keep them for now, trying to get used to them.
 
Shame because the sound is perfect for me: slightly less tiring treble than on the HD-25s, and slightly better soundstage.
 
Dec 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #2,129 of 2,828

Uruha

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 29, 2010
Posts
359
Likes
11
It sounds great, doesnt it?! Just wishing it was more comfortable with a 3db increase in the sub bass region.
Quote:
 
The 20-30Hz bass is loud and clear for me.  Hopefully your ears aren't bad. 
tongue.gif

I can feel the 15-20Hz bass.  Softly, but surely.  I like that.
I use an audiocheck.net wav file played back in foobar.

Thru that site, I was able to hear the 20Hz. I found out I can only hear up to 16KHz. :'-( I thought I took great care of my ears.
 
Dec 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #2,130 of 2,828

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Posts
7,556
Likes
337
Location
USA
Quote:
Just got mine about a week ago: I LOVE the sound, but they're uncomfortable.
I can keep my HD-25s for several hours without them hurting my ears. But the M-80 will hurt my ears even after a couple of hours.
 
I tend to spend my working hours with my headphones on as much as I can, so that was a big disappointment :frowning2:
I think I'll keep them for now, trying to get used to them.
 
Shame because the sound is perfect for me: slightly less tiring treble than on the HD-25s, and slightly better soundstage.

 
The earpads need wear - they need to conform to your ears, so you have to wear them.  You could try loosening the headphone's grip by bending the headband close to flat several times.  Try this very, very carefully.  Don't bust the headband like of the guys here have done, lol.
 
Didn't HD25 hurt your ears in the beginning?  They did to me, but with time and wear the headphones became perfectly comfortable for me.  Same goes for M80.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top