V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Aug 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 467

ranjanis

New Head-Fier
Dying to have a listen to your favorites on the Crossfade M-80s?  Head-Fi is seeking reviewers to sound off with their thoughts on one of the hottest selling on-ear headphones by V-MODA.
 ​
V-MODA wants to let a few lucky Head-Fi.org members take these well-rounded headphones on a test drive to hear the difference in quality.  Reviewers will be part of a 3‐week interactive focus group to share their thoughts on their specially customized M-80s with monogrammed initials.  The M-80s were designed and rigorously tested for the modern, on-the-go audiophile (or “modiophile”) and contemporary music enthusiast.   We’re seeking serious connoisseurs only to take the challenge, so fair weather audiophiles need not apply!   Please reply to this thread with your top three music genres and location no later than midnight PST, September 1st , 2011.  If you are selected, you must be able to regularly participate in online discussion for three weeks in September.
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Want to know more about the V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80s?
Masterfully tuned by a legion of legendary musicians, producers and DJs, M-80 packs unique materials, professional acoustics, natural noise isolation, ultimate ergonomics and military-level ruggedness into a design 53% smaller than its now legendary, over-ear sibling, Crossfade LP. M-80’s first-class materials are virtually indestructible including a steel frame, STEELFLEX headband, interchangeable brushed metal shields, durable microfiber suede and replaceable memory foam cushions.   The M-80 also comes fully loaded with two Kevlar-reinforced microphone cables for universal smartphone compatibility and an exoskeleton carrying case for added road warrior armor.

Pure Sound – Bespoke Fit
The nucleus of M-80 is its patent-pending and biggest-in-class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers that deliver multi-driver sound with the energy efficiency and consistent quality of a single driver.  To recreate a pure balanced sound analogous to Vinyl, M-80 uses no batteries or artificial sound processing and instead relies on immortal acoustic techniques. The masterfully crafted V-PORT V3 provides natural noise isolation, life-like staging, vibrant bass, vivid mids and vivacious highs.  By utilizing a 31-band EQ with select master musicians and producers, every step of the frequency response curve was finely sculpted. The headphone also offers long-play comfort through a tailored, fashionable fit without unsightly gaps and minimal pressure on the head and ears, the result of years of ergonomic research. Since the fit is the sound, M-80 utilizes replaceable supple memory foam cushions, a bespoke STEELFLEX headband and tactile arm extensions. This tiny dancer can bend, move and twist like no other.

Salute to the Masters
“After years of research, design, and testing, this is truly the finest addition to our acoustic arsenal we have ever developed. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and similarly it took almost half a decade to fuse the durability of an M1 Abrams tank, timeless Vinyl sound, Italian-suit elegance and exotic motorsport materials into the compact Crossfade M-80,” says Val Kolton, V-MODA CEO and DJ.  “In the sound-age of over-processed digital compression and disposable plastic products, our virtues were to develop a quality product that salutes the true masters of music, machines and materials.  It’s an incredible value for hi-fi sound and sophisticated style that says as much about you as your shoes, watch or car.”
 ​

Aug 27, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 467
1. Classical
2. Jazz
3. Pop (Japanese, English)

Singapore.

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 467
I would like to be considered. I would write a review on these headphones for my site, Musical Musings.

1. Hip-Hop/Rap
2. Jazz
3. Electronic

Detroit, MI USA

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #7 of 467
I would like to give them a spin.

Top 3 Genres:
1) New Wave (80s Alternative. Most listened to according to iTunes play count: Depeche Mode)
2) Rock (Mostly from the last two decades, although there is a modicum of classic rock thrown in. Most Listened to according to iTunes play count: Dire Straits)
3) Electronic (All types except for trance. Electronic music with vocals gets a lot more play time than just beats. Most listened to according to iTunes play count: Deadmau5)

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #10 of 467

1) Alternative
2) Indie Rock
3) Jazz

Melbourne, Australia

The girlfriend listens to a healthy dose of trance so I do listen to that as well.

Very excited about this new V-Moda m80s. I always prefer headphones to IEMs, even when out and about and I'm very rarely seen without a pair around my neck or head. If the m80s could get a balance between form and function, it could be a revelation for us more audio-serious, non-beats crowd. MY current favourite pair, the Bowers & Wilkins p5 are great, but I feel leaning more towards form than function. They're also not as comfortable as I would like them to be. Maybe I've got non-compliant ears but owh well.

I log on head-fi daily so I should be fine when dealing with constant correspondence.

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #11 of 467
Chillout
Alternative
Electronic Jazz

Manila, Philippines

I'm always online with a 3G iPad. I hope my location still falls under consideration.

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 467
I'd be willing to under take this mission.
rock
rap
ska
I've done reviews before and have grados sr60 , Razer Barracuda HP-1 to compare with.
I go from the grateful dead to newer rock, pop etc.
I thank you for your time and thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back