V-Moda Crossfade LP2 vs. Ultrasone PRO 750 vs ATH-m50 vs PRO700MK2 vs AKG K550
May 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

whokidblack

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, I've been coming to Head-Fi.org for over a year now. Today I finally decided to register because I'm in quite a dilemma right now. I thought I could use some professional help of headfiers. 

I have a budget of 200€ (=260$) with which I want to buy a decent pair of headphones. I would need it for daily purposes, for traveling, for home entertainment, etc. They need to be good allrounders. They would have to sound pretty decent too. I listen to all types of genres but mostly Rock,Metal, Hip-Hop, Electronic. (Well actually i listen to everything).

Which of these headphones would suit me the best? A major pro for me is portability and detachable cables. But nothing comes before great sound quality + bass (not too less but not too much either). Which one of these has the best highs,mids & lows?

V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Ultrasone PRO 750, HFI-2900, Audio Technica ATH-m50, PRO700MK2, or AKG K550

Thank you!

May 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 6
Out of those choices, I suggest getting the Pro750's. Also consider the Denon D2000 but you're gonna have to hurry to get them since they've been discontinued. What's your source?

May 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 6
The bass is well detailed without it being over bloated and extends pretty low.

May 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #5 of 6
Having recently purchased the atm-50, I can say that sometimes the bass sounds a bit bloated.  Other than that the sound is pretty flat.  Some folks seem to like that, others prefer their sound colored in some way.  As for me, it depends on my mood.... sometimes they are my go to, other times, not so much.  Of course, no detachable cables here.

With a budget of $260, you can probably do better.

May 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Having recently purchased the atm-50, I can say that sometimes the bass sounds a bit bloated.  Other than that the sound is pretty flat.  Some folks seem to like that, others prefer their sound colored in some way.  As for me, it depends on my mood.... sometimes they are my go to, other times, not so much.  Of course, no detachable cables here.

With a budget of $260, you can probably do better.

Though I just saw them on Amazon (Prime) today for $131.27  (ath-m50s : straight cable).  You can buy 2 and stay under your budget....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back