V-Moda Crossfade LP2 or Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviators?
Oct 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aaron94

100+ Head-Fier
Over the past 2 months I have been looking for a new set of over the ear headphones to purchase for just everyday music use, things such as bass heavy dubstep, metal, and even soft vocal music. Awhile ago I settled on the Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviators for $150 USD because of the promising specs and design. But just in the last few days I discovered the V-Moda Crossfade LP2's, which can be customized with no extra pricing, unlike the Aviators. My spending limit is probably right around $250 USD, but I would prefer so sped less than that. I also like the customization that V-Moda offers with their headphones, which is one of the reasons I am now partial towards those.

Ive come here to get a final opinion before I purchase whichever pair. Please keep in mind I need them for everyday music use, not anything like DJing or producing.

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Most people here would advise you to get the M80 or the recently released M100 from V-Moda, not the Crossfades. If you've settled those two, go for the M80/M100.

I hope you understand that for a $250 budget there are other options other than Skullcandy or V-Moda. So if you're open to other suggestions, you could give us more info on what you're looking for; portability, style, open/closed, on-ear or over-ear, any particular sound signature, and so on.

One more thing. You say the aviators have "promising specs," but usually specs don't make a huge difference, maybe with the exception of sensitivity/impedance. I usually disregard them and pay more attention to what the headphones actually sound like... headphones with great specs can still sound terribad.

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 6
i made a mistake sorry 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 6
Well Im looking for over the ears, I really dont like on ear models, my ears stick out and models that sit on my ears press on them and begin to hurt after only 10 minutes or so. As I said in my first post I like the customization options that v-moda offers with their headphones, the limited edition matt black LP2s would be what I would buy if I were to get V-Modas, since the shields can still be customized to the order. I also would like them to be fairly portable, another thing that drew me to V-Moda was the hard shell case that came with the LP2, I am a high school student and need to be able to transport them easily on the bus and such. I broke my first pair of over the ears headphones, the first generation skullcandy hesh, just 2 weeks after I bought them because my school books crushed them inside my bag.

As for the other things like open/closed or the sound signature, I am unsure, Im not particularly educated on this sort of thing. 

Of course I would be open to other suggestions if anyone feels they know some better over the ear headphones for the everyday use that I would need them for. But please keep in mind the types of music I mentioned that I listen to in my first post. As well as the customization options.

Thank you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back