V-Moda Crossfade LP vs Klipsch Image One?
Dec 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xXfiasc0

New Head-Fier
Hello to all

Ive been doing a lot of research on headphones lately via google and amazon and a lot of my searchs wind up coming back to here so I figured i'd make an account. I do realize that there are threads on both of these, but i didnt find a comparison thread so I figured i would just make one.  Anyways, I recently purchased a pair of klipsch image one's about a month ago with a fiio e11 amp and it sounds great (to my ears).  That being said, I dont have any prior experience listening to any real "quality" headphones (most of my experience has been with skullcandies and low end earbuds which i now know was a pretty terrible investment).  Today I saw on amazon the V-moda crossfade LPs for $80 and after quickly reading around for some reviews i went ahead and bought them figuring they were a steal for that price (and they looked pretty sweet imo).  My question to you all is if anyone has tried both, what is your preference and why? OR if you havent tried any of them, what would you reccommend for listening to mainly Dubstep, Progressive House, and other electro genres. I have to admit I am a bass head, and i like to feel the thump.  But at the same time i really appreciate my highs and mids as well. Price is really not an object here although i will be traveling with them and i would assume that most portables are under $300. 

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 6
The Ultrasone headphones like used Pro900 are very good for above genres but from the list i will recommend the Klisch Image ONE. It offers deep punchy bass with fairly detailed mids, highs and above average soundstage.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 6
Really? pro900's are going for about 310$ on Amazon right now which is kind of a lot to drop on headphones... they really worth the pricetag? I'm sure they will be better than what I currently have, but i dont think I'm ready to make that big of a jump in quality at this point. I dont think i would appreciate it as much ya know?

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Im still fairly new to the headphone scene... But I got a few pairs of headphones this last month.... Including the Image Ones, Crossfade LP, AKG K430 and the Sony V6s.... I can say I hate the crossfade LPs.... really muddy sounding, deep deep bass but its very tiring and not much detail, quantity but no quality.... Im not a big fan of the Image One's either, still too much bass, very colored sound and artificial sounding... but the clarity is much greater compared to the crossfades... Make no mistake, I really like bass too, but I want quality... I tried to like the crossfades, but every time I put them on, they wouldnt stay on for more than 10 minutes as its just awful... I would say the Crossfades are one of the worst sounding headphones/iems in my sig that I have ever heard... They sure look pretty though....  Out of all four, the Sony V6 beats all the rest with no reservations, for me anyway.... Just the right amount of bass, not as bright once broken in, most fun to listen to.... I mostly listen to vocal trance/trance..  Out of the cans I have below Id rate them in the order of V6>K430>Image One>Meelec HT21>Crossfade LP

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Im still fairly new to the headphone scene... But I got a few pairs of headphones this last month.... Including the Image Ones, Crossfade LP, AKG K430 and the Sony V6s.... I can say I hate the crossfade LPs.... really muddy sounding, deep deep bass but its very tiring and not much detail, quantity but no quality.... Im not a big fan of the Image One's either, still too much bass, very colored sound and artificial sounding... but the clarity is much greater compared to the crossfades... Make no mistake, I really like bass too, but I want quality... I tried to like the crossfades, but every time I put them on, they wouldnt stay on for more than 10 minutes as its just awful... I would say the Crossfades are one of the worst sounding headphones/iems in my sig that I have ever heard... They sure look pretty though....  Out of all four, the Sony V6 beats all the rest with no reservations, for me anyway.... Just the right amount of bass, not as bright once broken in, most fun to listen to.... I mostly listen to vocal trance/trance..  Out of the cans I have below Id rate them in the order of V6>K430>Image One>Meelec HT21>Crossfade LP

hmmm... thats funny because my dad just said that he was lookin at a pair of sony's, but the one he was lookin at was the MDR7506. But yeah If i dont like how the crossfade's sound i'll just pass those along to my sister and stick with the image one's.  I was gonna pass the Image One's to her before.  Thanks for the input though, I guess time will tell if I like them or not.  I was also looking at the V-moda M80's, as that seems to be more popular around here.  If anyone can weigh in on those, that would be great.  Only reason I didnt buy them was because the M80 was more expensive and it was on the the ear instead of over the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back