V is for Vendetta
Mar 22, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #32 of 62
Saw it tonight, I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed it...intriguing political thoughts open to interpretation, and some action also.

Natalie Portman's accent was bad at times, but her acting was fine. I don't think she was bad in the last Star Wars movie, she was doing what she could with the script. She's a very capable actress.

Now Hayden Christenson was TERRIBLE to me in the first two, and average at best in the third. He was decent in Shattered Glass, though.

Back on track, other than the pretentious introduction to the V character (I was very annoyed by the word play), it's a reasonably smart movie with some clever ideas. If you're not a patient movie goer or just want to be entertained at the movies, this may not be the film for you.

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #33 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Now Hayden Christenson was TERRIBLE to me in the first two, and average at best in the third. He was decent in Shattered Glass, though.

I thought he was only in the 2nd and 3rd ones? His acting would have been fantastic if he was in a terminator movie. I would rank his acting one below steven seagal and van damme
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #34 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
I thought he was only in the 2nd and 3rd ones? His acting would have been fantastic if he was in a terminator movie. I would rank his acting one below steven seagal and van damme
tongue.gif

WHA

Bloodsport>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Prequels

Above The Law>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mosft of the acting in the prequels

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
WHA

Bloodsport>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Prequels

Above The Law>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mosft of the acting in the prequels

And the list goes on...i'm embarassed to say i've seen them all...timecop, kickboxer, double impact, the quest....etc. I don't even wanna start on seagal.. hahaha....
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #36 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
tongue.gif

My bad...he was so terrible in the second one that it felt like two movies.

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #37 of 62
Thought I'd chime in for fun:

I went to the movie alone late last night, with somewhat low expectations. To my surprise, I absolutely loved it!
icon10.gif
I should confess, though, that I am one of the very few people who likes the "Matrix" sequels and definitely have some anti-governmental tendencies. Also, I liked the introduction of V, with his absolutely astoundingly amazing alliteration. Awesome!

biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #38 of 62
I saw it last night, recommended by many friends, expecting a great movie. While watching throughout, the mask grew on me and the story unfolded. Magnificent story with a good fitting set of actors.
The only thing that I wondered about was why her hair didn't grow back and I swear I thought I saw more than one guy interrogating her (from memory, but I'm probably wrong).

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #39 of 62
Want to know who was the actor for V? Here's a hint, it suprised me too.

"So we meet again Mr. Anderson."

Mar 26, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #40 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
Want to know who was the actor for V? Here's a hint, it suprised me too.

"So we meet again Mr. Anderson."

Yeah, it suprised me also. But he speaks very clear I guess.

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
They didn't go into depth enough and branched off into too many tangents.

x2

I think they should have skipped the whole cliched "love story." To me it added nothing to the story besides branching away from the central point. It also felt awkward and forced. However, I'm sure it's just Hollywood trying to appeal to anyone and everyone within one movie.

JD

Mar 27, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #44 of 62
I saw the movie and give it 2 out of 4 stars. The idea was interesting, all that is necessary for change among the people is for one man to lead them. This man will of course be a radical, and outsider. The movie was full of interesting ideas and concepts, had some very memorable scenes, and good acting. The best acting was from the detective in the movie. Portman, althoguh she looked stunning as always, was average and had a bad accent. Hugo weaving was good but was stifled by the costume and full mask, which made him seem unreal and wooden. The first part of the movie is pretty slow. It picks up though and you really get into it. By the end though, you know what is going to happen and are just waiting for it to conclude.

If you have nothing to do, it's worth seeing. Otherwise, you might want to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back