Uvero Earpieces
Oct 24, 2016 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BarryStanky

New Head-Fier
I wanted to share a recent finding of mine that has fixed an ongoing music listening pleasure issue. As I noted in my intro post, I am by no means an audiophile. But I do know what I like.

I am a hi-res music enthusiast thanks to the PONO Player which I was a KickStarter backer two years ago. It has reinvigorated my love of listening to music, especially classic rock, prog rock, folk, and blues. After trying a few headphones and IEMs right now I have the PONO paired with a set of Cardas A8 ear speakers (IEMs). But, I tried many different models, types, sizes of ear tips with the A8s. I could not maintain that perfect seal needed for complete enjoyment. I would constantly fidget with the IEM as they would slip, especially while active.

Then I found this company, Uvero, who are located in the same building as my company. They offer custom form fitting IEMs, and earpieces for a select set of other IEMs. I contacted them to see if they could help, even while knowing they did not yet support the Cardas A8s. Because I was in the same building, they agreed to work with me and make a set for my A8s, as long as I would leave them. No problem.

They did a 3D image scan of both ears, and in three days the custom earpieces for my A8s were ready. The result was great. They are just as advertised. They are comfortable, fit solidly in the ear with no slippage even when active, and they achieve and maintain that perfect seal that I couldn't get with any other tip. The benefit is that due to this seal, the external noise was cut down substantially. I'll put it at 80-90 percent. And because of that, I could turn down the volume on the player. My ears are thankful.

I'm not sure how many options there are for custom fitted earpieces. But I know Uvero worked for me. They are a small Massachusetts based company, but attend many music trade shows. If interested, check them out. I am a very happy customer, so I thought I would share with others.

I am still looking for the right over the ear headphone for my PONO and will be checking through the forums.

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 2
If interested, you can find them at http://www.uvero.com

As noted, their earpieces addressed a big issue for me, which is why I am more than happy to share my story. I'm no expert, just a happy customer, but would be willing to try and answer any queries. Chances are you'll find the answers on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back