UTAC Toronto Meet April 7th Impressions!
Apr 12, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #106 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
Looks ARE everything though.

I can imagine everyone here when Jag shows up with a "portable" gilmore lite. Note; lite != light. Get a pa2v2, Gary charges like 60 us or something shipped.

Apr 12, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #108 of 116
Yes, I'm picking mine up tommorow (hopefully). It's not the best amp, but nothing can beat it at the pricepoint.

Apr 12, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #109 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Yes, I'm picking mine up tommorow (hopefully). It's not the best amp, but nothing can beat it at the pricepoint.

Yet.
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #110 of 116
Heh. Yet indeed. I must say though, for the price, AMAZING service (Gary is an absolutely A-1 guy), and overall sound improvement, it's going to be pretty hard to beat. Especially since he seems to pour a good chunk of his profits into better components as he goes along (hence PA2, VERSION 2). Kind of like the way MAC OS is always one or two steps ahead of WINDOWS OS
very_evil_smiley.gif
, it'll be hard to beat at that price point for a long time, I would imagine.

That being said, my main gripe is the flimsiness of the connections. For its size, the PA2v2 has some pretty serious drawbacks in truly portable use.

Shouldn't end on a low note... wouldn't be right. Did I mention it looks like a bomb detonator, for those times you just gotta look like a terrorist?
eggosmile.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #111 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Heh. Yet indeed. I must say though, for the price, AMAZING service (Gary is an absolutely A-1 guy), and overall sound improvement, it's going to be pretty hard to beat. Especially since he seems to pour a good chunk of his profits into better components as he goes along (hence PA2, VERSION 2). Kind of like the way MAC OS is always one or two steps ahead of WINDOWS OS
very_evil_smiley.gif
, it'll be hard to beat at that price point for a long time, I would imagine.

That being said, my main gripe is the flimsiness of the connections. For its size, the PA2v2 has some pretty serious drawbacks in truly portable use.

Shouldn't end on a low note... wouldn't be right. Did I mention it looks like a bomb detonator, for those times you just gotta look like a terrorist?
eggosmile.gif

I wonder if Gary would warrant one if it got taken away at customs. Its happened before with other amps and it's a piss-off esp. if it's something like a hornet
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #113 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
I know Gary offers full, free warranty on repairs - whether accidental or through defect. Pretty sure he'd need to SEE an amp to honour it though!
rolleyes.gif

Yes, I'd assume as much...

Apr 15, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #114 of 116
I picked up my friend at the airport in moncton last night, it was only a few people waiting, small airport anyway, but I got some weird looks because I was wandering about for an hour holding a my zen micro and pa2v2 and mess of cables in my hand.

Apr 22, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #115 of 116
Hmm. Cannot believe I missed this !
eek.gif
But then again, I don't check any other forum section than headphones and amps. I should really check Toronto related topics. I'll definitely show up for next T.O. meet. Trying different headphones and amps is only half the fun. Meeting other people sharing similar hobby is the other half.

Apr 22, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #116 of 116
unfortunately I couldnt make this one cause of a symphony, but next hamilton/TO meet there is, count me and my DT990, DT831 and (hopefully) woody sr60 in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back