USPS...Ultra-Slow Postal Service
Sep 16, 2010 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Beagle

His body's not a canvas, and he wasn't raised by apes.
What is with these people? Here's a typical USPS tracking..

September 16, 2010                                 10:49:00 AM                     Delay Dock NJ                 Departure Scan

September 15, 2010 07:26:00 AM Spjuil NJ Departure Scan
September 14, 2010 02:07:00 AM Backpage NY Departure Scan

September 13, 2010                                 02:07:00 AM                      Batsballs NY                      Departure Scan
September 12, 2010                                 09:45:00 AM                      Snailville NY                       Departure Scan
September 11, 2010                                 06:45:00 AM                      Sleeping Dog NY                 Departure Scan

Do they ever actually send the headphone package?

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 17
I've had to wait 3 weeks once before, they are hit or miss. Much like any shipping company.

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 17
if the item can fit a bubble mailer, USPS ships from California to NY in 2 days, which is pretty fast IMO.

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 17
The only advantage of USPS is 3 day delivery for a flat rate. UPS or Fedex can't match that for the same price, although Priority is not guaranteed. Other then that, UPS and Fedex are more reliable and often cheaper if you go with ground. On larger packages anyway. Packages can get delayed with USPS, but it's rare for me.

I've encountered people though who say they've been using USPS for Ebay for 10 years and never had a package lost. Uh huh. I don't believe it.

I honestly would never buy a headphone if it was shipped by USPS, unless it was used and had insurance. Express mail would be OK.

One thing I hate about UPS is that I couldn't even bribe them to leave a package with my permission. It's impossible. I ALWAYS have to go and get it. This is a good thing for some people, but not me. I once had to go and pick up a 3oz package of Comply Foam because they wouldn't leave it.

I guess in a way I'm glad, but I wish I had an option. I once had UPS leave me a netbook in a cardboard box in the rain. The box was soaked through, but luckily everything inside was OK. USPS is nice enough to sometimes put packages in a plastic bag. The one item UPS did actually leave, just had to be a netbook...in the rain. Just my luck.

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
The only advantage of USPS is 3 day delivery for a flat rate. UPS or Fedex can't match that for the same price, although Priority is not guaranteed. Other then that, UPS and Fedex are more reliable and often cheaper if you go with ground. On larger packages anyway. Packages can get delayed with USPS, but it's rare for me.

I've encountered people though who say they've been using USPS for Ebay for 10 years and never had a package lost. Uh huh. I don't believe it.

I honestly would never buy a headphone if it was shipped by USPS, unless it was used and had insurance. Express mail would be OK.

One thing I hate about UPS is that I couldn't even bribe them to leave a package with my permission. It's impossible. I ALWAYS have to go and get it. This is a good thing for some people, but not me. I once had to go and pick up a 3oz package of Comply Foam because they wouldn't leave it.

I guess in a way I'm glad, but I wish I had an option. I once had UPS leave me a netbook in a cardboard box in the rain. The box was soaked through, but luckily everything inside was OK. USPS is nice enough to sometimes put packages in a plastic bag. The one item UPS did actually leave, just had to be a netbook...in the rain. Just my luck.

ups always leaves the package at my door but i have 100ft lawn in front of it now fedex can never find m house and loses my packages left and right they always find it and get it delivered days late so annoying i even put the number to call for lost packages in my phone. usps is always same guy so he never messes up and he always puts it outside my garage where i go in and out of my house not my front door.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #7 of 17
For me USPS Priority Mail service within the U.S. has been 99.9%. 2-3 days anywhere in the lower 48, decent rates, ship at home and drop off with no waiting in line, never a lost or damaged package. I'd use them over UPS or Fedex any day of the week.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #8 of 17
USPS package tracking drives me insane. I've actually caught myself refreshing tracking pages every ten minutes or so just to see if something changed. Things were simpler when I didn't have the ability to track packages to my doorstep and just waited with bated breath to see if the postman dropped off my package on a particular day.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #9 of 17
USPS has treated me well. I'd recommend them over UPS at times. Even though tracking with USPS is bothersome, I'd still pick them over UPS. UPS will just leave a note if nobody is home and they'll do it every day for 3 days straight if they have to instead of just dropping it off on the door or giving it to a neighbor, they have unintelligent delivery personnel. I understand that you can sign the note and have them leave it on the front door the next day, but they don't even try to deliver it to you on the first day; they'll give your door one knock and bounce. If it's USPS, you can use the note to pick up your item at the post office whenever you choose to or wait for next day delivery. UPS pisses me off a lot. USPS personnel are very smart. On numerous occasions, I've received my package on the scheduled delivery date; even if I wasn't home, the delivery guy just put it right in front of my doorstep.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
USPS has treated me well. I'd recommend them over UPS at times. Even though tracking with USPS is a bitch, I'd still pick them over UPS. UPS will just leaves notes if nobody is home, they have dumb delivery personnel. If it's USPS, you can use the note to pick up your item at the post office when ever you choose to.

I actually like my UPS guy. He's like Santa Claus for adults. Every time I hear the familiar thrum of a diesel engine pull up outside my house, a rush of excitement always comes over me.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 17
Wow that's bad. I've had nothing but positive experiences with USPS. Everything I've shipped flat rate has arrived in two days. That includes to NY, Oregon, and California from Tennessee. UPS on the other hand is a little slower than I'd like generally around 4-5 days or more for the same distance. They've also lost a package addressed to me before which was a big hassle for both me and the seller. It ended up taking a month to get completely resolved.

Sep 17, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #13 of 17
So some of you guys eventually received your packages? They eventually got past "departure scans"? Ok, I feel better now..

Sep 17, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #14 of 17
My package has not change status since the 12th...

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, September 12, 2010, 11:20 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Acceptance, September 10, 2010, 3:28 pm, CHAMPAIGN, IL 61820

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #15 of 17
y i don ship out of the ****ry:

Quote:
What is with these people? Here's a typical USPS tracking..

September 16, 2010                                 10:49:00 AM                     Delay Dock NJ                 Departure Scan

September 15, 2010 07:26:00 AM Spjuil NJ Departure Scan
September 14, 2010 02:07:00 AM Backpage NY Departure Scan

September 13, 2010                                 02:07:00 AM                      Batsballs NY                      Departure Scan
September 12, 2010                                 09:45:00 AM                      Snailville NY                       Departure Scan
September 11, 2010                                 06:45:00 AM                      Sleeping Dog NY                 Departure Scan

Do they ever actually send the headphone package?

Its not actually that the shipping takes forever its that people are whiney little children about it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back