Using ATH-A700X to full quality
Apr 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DDKL

New Head-Fier
i purchased recently ath-a700x from amazon. i have logitech surround sound speakers z506 connected to my pc, and as for software i have realtek hd audio manager. 

Question #1) i also heard that one should keep the EQ at flat, as messing with it will take away the intended sound the manufacturers of the headphones originally wanted to implement. is that true or false? 

#2) should i connect my a700x to the logitech speakers or my computer's motherboard?

#3) how can i enhance the sound quality of my a700x?

#4) sound card vs amp?

#5) i heard that if i'll be using a EQ, then i should never "add" to it; i should only "subtract from it". true or false?

your replies are very much appreciated. being an audiophile is a harder life than i'd thought!

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
i purchased recently ath-a700x from amazon. i have logitech surround sound speakers z506 connected to my pc, and as for software i have realtek hd audio manager. 

Question #1) i also heard that one should keep the EQ at flat, as messing with it will take away the intended sound the manufacturers of the headphones originally wanted to implement. is that true or false? 

Doesn't matter. EQ if you want, just be aware that EQ won't magically make a headphone amazing.

#2) should i connect my a700x to the logitech speakers or my computer's motherboard?

Ideally to the motherboard or a soundcard/amp. The internal headphone amps of PC speakers are notoriously poor.

#3) how can i enhance the sound quality of my a700x?

Change pads, use EQ, better source, etc. Lots of ways to change or adjust the sound of your headphones to your taste.

#4) sound card vs amp?

Soundcards are quite competitive in terms of features compared to most amps or DAC/amp combos. They are sometimes more prone to electrical interference due to being inside a PC though.

#5) i heard that if i'll be using a EQ, then i should never "add" to it; i should only "subtract from it". true or false?

True.

your replies are very much appreciated. being an audiophile is a harder life than i'd thought!

See embedded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back