Used Acoustic Guitar
Aug 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SMOR3S

100+ Head-Fier
Was looking to get a new guitar.. In the past, both a Dean Vendetta, and an Epiphone Les Paul, but I have decided to get an acoustic, this time, cause, I am doing an acoustic track, on my EP...

Was looking here on Guitar Center, under their used section... http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-Guitar-Guitar,Used-Gear,Page-1.gc?o=6

My budget is $100-$200..

Not looking to get anything amazing, (cause I can tweak the sound, and make to pop more in Ableton..), I just need an acoustic guitar, that works, and has all of the 6 strings, on it :3

Thanks,

Hope someone can help ^__^

- SMOR3S

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 5
You want classical or acoustic? Because they're both pretty different guitars,i decided to get into playing guitar this week and picked up a Yamaha C40 and its a great bang for the buck.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
You want classical or acoustic? Because they're both pretty different guitars,i decided to get into playing guitar this week and picked up a Yamaha C40 and its a great bang for the buck.

The classical sounds really good, but I feel a regular acoustic would be cheaper.. maybe...

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Not sure if you've purchased or not, but you can get a new acoustic guitar with a solid top in your budget.  A solid top is made from a solid piece of wood as opposed to a laminated top which is "wood stuff pressed together"  you can find both very cheap and very expensive.  A solid top acoustic guitar will season over time and the tone will improve, a laminated top won't season or improve over time.

The way to determine if a guitar is solid top is to look inside the sound hole ( under the strings) and see if you can't spot the grains of wood as they go into the inside of the guitar- if you're not sure, run your finger around the inside of the sound hole and you may feel a "thickness" as opposed to a "flat" feeling- trust your eyes and your finger, but be sure to ask the sales person- and then make sure they know that you are going to verify the information, and come back for a refund if they don't tell you the truth.

hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back