Use Bose QC-25 mic on something than an iPod, iPad...
Apr 24, 2015 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

samadamsthedog

New Head-Fier
Hi,

The Bose QC-25 cable terminates in a 4-conductor 3.5mm plug that works with the special 3.5mm jack that i* devices have. The connectors in this jack handle audio input as well as output, enabling the use of the mic on the QC-25 on these devices. There's also a control device on the mic that allows control of some audio features for compatible devices.

I have a Mac Mini, which is not compatible; it has separate 3.5mm jacks for audio output (stereo) and input (mono). I get good audio by plugging the QC-25 cable into the audio output jack, but I'm looking for a solution (such as a splitter, like a Y-cable, perhaps) which will allow me to plug the mic into the Mac Mini's audio input jack. 

There are two parts to this: the mechanical and the electronic. The electronic part is that I'm not sure that the control unit associated with the QC-25's mic will allow the mic to be used at all simply by hooking up the appropriate conductors to the Mac Mini's audio input.

Does anyone know whether this will work, or, better, has anyone either been able to purchase or cobble together a working solution?

Thanks.... Inquiring dogs want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back