USB DAC for PC (Win 10) + Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter
Feb 25, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #61 of 168
It does

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-...0-ldac-32bit-768khz-dsd512-black-p-14030.html

It has an antenna you can screw in at the back

14030-topping-d50s-inpage12.jpg
It is a Bluetooth receiver, not a transmitter. This thread is about transmitters.

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #65 of 168
For gods sake, is there any LDAC-transmitter for stationary system besides STR-DN1080?

After weeks of search, I am out of ideas right now...
I use my HiBy R6 Pro for this purpose. Transmits sound from my nVidia shield in USB-DAC mode to my Radsone EarStudio ES100 to which I have my JH Audio Lola's connected (non balanced). The sound is incredible

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #67 of 168
I use my HiBy R6 Pro for this purpose. Transmits sound from my nVidia shield in USB-DAC mode to my Radsone EarStudio ES100 to which I have my JH Audio Lola's connected (non balanced). The sound is incredible

For Almost 600$ I'd buy STR-DN1080.
Here you'll have TONS of useless AV-gimmicks, but have great variety of inputs and outputsand you can just put this AV-reciever into your Audio-rack and have fun whatever way you want + no need to think about battery.

Mar 5, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #68 of 168
For Almost 600$ I'd buy STR-DN1080.
Here you'll have TONS of useless AV-gimmicks, but have great variety of inputs and outputsand you can just put this AV-reciever into your Audio-rack and have fun whatever way you want + no need to think about battery.
So it's possible to send audio to a LDAC compatible headset from the Sony receiver?
What about AAC/AptX (LL/HD)?
If so, what about sync issues? Any experiences?

Mar 6, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #69 of 168
So it's possible to send audio to a LDAC compatible headset from the Sony receiver?
What about AAC/AptX (LL/HD)?
If so, what about sync issues? Any experiences?

To answer your question, I'll go tomorrow to largest Sony Center in Moscow with handful of headphones and devices to see it all on the real battleground.
I am curious too, how this will turns out.
Also, I am interested in whole LDAC ecosystem and will test Sony Experia smartphones, digital Walkmans and this DN-1080 aka 'BIGGEST BLUETOOTH DONGLE' I know.
As far as I know, all these Sony devices supports either standard SBC or proprietary LDAC.
Still, I'll bring APTX Marshall Major to table to try.

I searched for almost a month, and it seems, the only stationary option to transmit LDAC would be only this monster:
24fad5ab1c65d91e8e96dd72bb0c9afc

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #70 of 168
To answer your question, I'll go tomorrow to largest Sony Center in Moscow with handful of headphones and devices to see it all on the real battleground.
I am curious too, how this will turns out.
Also, I am interested in whole LDAC ecosystem and will test Sony Experia smartphones, digital Walkmans and this DN-1080 aka 'BIGGEST BLUETOOTH DONGLE' I know.
As far as I know, all these Sony devices supports either standard SBC or proprietary LDAC.
Still, I'll bring APTX Marshall Major to table to try.

I searched for almost a month, and it seems, the only stationary option to transmit LDAC would be only this monster:
24fad5ab1c65d91e8e96dd72bb0c9afc
How did your testing go?

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #71 of 168
How did your testing go?
Good day!
I was smart enough to call both Sony Centers first to ask them, if they have DN-1080 in showrooms.
Sadly, non of them have it right now, but I hope, it's a question of a week.
I will persist and finally get my hands on this bloody transmitter.
And I will inform you on the progress.
Stay tuned.

Second thing, my head is occupied right now: how to organize LDAC gang-bang across all the devices.
First of all, I need stationary LDAC-transmitter with great variety for inputs and outputs, capable for both RX and TX in LDAC.
It seems, DN-1080 is the only one candidate for this role of some kind BT-preamp.
Second thing, I do need sound-emitters, capable to receive LDAC.
I have darn Moebius already, but looking for LDAC-portable acoustic to have music all across my home whatever flavor I need.
Third thing, I am thinking of Fiio player or may be Sony Experia as a control stick, than have access both to hardware files and can stream music from any web-srevice.
Finally, and the most un-obvious moment: all this ecosystem have to be paired and run in circles in any direction.

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #75 of 168
Good day!
I was smart enough to call both Sony Centers first to ask them, if they have DN-1080 in showrooms.
Sadly, non of them have it right now, but I hope, it's a question of a week.
I will persist and finally get my hands on this bloody transmitter.
And I will inform you on the progress.
Stay tuned.

Second thing, my head is occupied right now: how to organize LDAC gang-bang across all the devices.
First of all, I need stationary LDAC-transmitter with great variety for inputs and outputs, capable for both RX and TX in LDAC.
It seems, DN-1080 is the only one candidate for this role of some kind BT-preamp.
Second thing, I do need sound-emitters, capable to receive LDAC.
I have darn Moebius already, but looking for LDAC-portable acoustic to have music all across my home whatever flavor I need.
Third thing, I am thinking of Fiio player or may be Sony Experia as a control stick, than have access both to hardware files and can stream music from any web-srevice.
Finally, and the most un-obvious moment: all this ecosystem have to be paired and run in circles in any direction.
I'm not sure if this is perfect for your use cases or not... I use a HiBy R6 Pro in USB-DAC mode and it transmits LDAC flawlessly. I'm receiving on an Earstudio ES100 w/ my JH Audio Lola's plugged in. Movies in Atmos or DTS sound unbelievable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back