Wondering if anyone has suggestions for the issue I'm having. I've been trying to eliminate static I hear through my USB DAC when playing demanding games on PC. When I play a game like Warzone and am in game, any voices I hear from people in Discord or from the announcer in game have a ton of static. In the Warzone lobby or in less demanding games like Fall Guys, there is no static. If I use my motherboard audio there is no static, but using my Schiit Modi 3 and Magni Heresy stack there is. Unfortunately, I am using a Mini ITX motherboard with no SPDIF out, so USB is my only option. I notice no static or other audio artifact issues when listening to music or doing any other non-demanding tasks. So far I have tried...
- Using different USB cables (all 2m or less).
- Powering the modi 3 via a separate USB cable.
- Using the modi 3 without the heresy, still hear static through the powered speakers I attached it to.
- Using the pre out on the heresy, still hear static through the powered speakers.
- Using different USB ports, isolated the Modi 3 to the chipset USB controller with all other devices on the CPU controller, still hearing static.
- Using an ifi iDefender+ in between the motherboard and Modi 3, with the iDefender+ plugged into a separate Aukey USB power adapter via its USB-C port.