USB cable supposedly improving DAC sound quality? How can I take other posts seriously after that?
Jun 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #229 of 431
Quote:
To denounce james is verry amusing, lol. Good work, lol

I didn't denounce him. But he did not provide any information there other than "my stuff is better." This is the sound science forum, at least give us a why and some modicum of an attempt to demonstrate it. James may be well qualified, and he may have great reasons for why his stuff is better - and even be able to show it - but in what you posted here, none of that is provided. This was a sales pitch.

If anything, I'm denouncing you for throwing an appeal to authority out and expecting us to take it as evidence. Give us a little credit to not succomb to logical fallacies rather than evidentiary burden, if you would. 

Are you just going to ignore my other responses? 

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #232 of 431
Quote:
Possibly you are using gear and acoustic space that keeps you from hearing a difference

If the difference is so slight that my mixing room versus yours would be enough to negate the ability to detect it, I think the "totally different sound" comments are a bit hyperbolic no? Certainly not a good reason to recommend them since you cannot know what someone's listening space and gear will allow.

But no - this is a cop out. You might as well have said that you just have better ears, or I didn't buy good enough cables, etc. You're moving the goalposts and proving you have no idea what you are talking about. Without some objective measure, your "I heard differences" is no more valid than my "I didn't hear differences" - you cannot assume that I didn't hear them because of some defect, any more than I can assume yours is because you made it up. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #233 of 431
Quote:
Possibly you are using gear and acoustic space that keeps you from hearing a difference

Have you or "james" done controlled listening tests to back up the assertions of audible differences? Here at least we can ask for more robust evidence

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #234 of 431
Again, i will ask james about what makes the difference much greater and post his reply. I am an audio emgineer and music producer, not a scientist. I trust my ears, my gear, and i know poorquality and high quality.

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #236 of 431
Griploc - would you answer the question below. If not for james, for yourself. Did you do a controlled listening test - ABX or anything like that. 

Quote:

Have you or "james" done controlled listening tests to back up the assertions of audible differences? Here at least we can ask for more robust evidence

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #237 of 431
Quote:
Vibration control has a lot to do with a headphone system along side with cables. 

What does it have to do with? What does vibration (or cables) do to a digitally based headphone system and how? Once again you are just parroting a sales pitch "Vibration control is better" without answering the "why is vibration control important" questions. 

Quote:
Acoustic space will be a factor in monitoring with studio reference mOnitors

No question. We spend a lot of time and money on room treatments and acoustic damping. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #238 of 431
I think there are a lot of nayers here. The fact is a digital system that plays audio becomes distorted by vibration from materials that contribute to the audios sonic stage. Are you trying to tell me that having a glass desk will not introduce added frequencies into the sonic spectrum of your listening environment with headphones?

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #239 of 431
Quote:
I think there are a lot of nayers here. The fact is a digital system that plays audio becomes distorted by vibration from materials that contribute to the audios sonic stage.

Actually - this is not a fact. This is an assertion. It MAY, but you would need to show data to support that, not just say it. Some things are certainly affected by vibration, but digital things very much less - and sound stage is pretty vague. How would vibration affect "sonic stage" - what would you notice? 

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that having a glass desk will not introduce added frequencies into the sonic spectrum of your listening environment with headphones?

I don't see how. Glass does have a resonant frequency, but I don't see how it would affect a headphone system - since the glass is not in the acoustic pathway. Please show data (or even good theory) to support. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back