USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 29, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #1,861 of 6,414
I use my LG V50 as my DAP these days, how much of a step up is the DC03 from the one built in? The V50 uses the ESS ES9218P.

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #1,863 of 6,414
Can anyone compare the ibasso DC03/04 with a Bluetooth DAC like the Qudelix 5k (which I currently own). I would like to step up my DAC game, and would significantly prefer getting a small dongle/DAC rather than a full size DAP or DAC amp.

I would specifically be interested in the YinLvMei S3 or the new S3 lite, but literally found zero reviews or impressions.

Dec 29, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #1,864 of 6,414
Can anyone compare the ibasso DC03/04 with a Bluetooth DAC like the Qudelix 5k (which I currently own). I would like to step up my DAC game, and would significantly prefer getting a small dongle/DAC rather than a full size DAP or DAC amp.

I would specifically be interested in the YinLvMei S3 or the new S3 lite, but literally found zero reviews or impressions.
in my experience, stay away from yinlvmei... dont want to stir the waters but my experience was bad, tbh, you own one of the best dac/ bt dongles out there right now, dc03 and 04 wont outperform it, look at e1da, earman sparrow, ltp s1 or if you want to play the adventurer l&p w1, qudelix 5k wired is something quite amazing already for the price/ benefit. wanna go further, Chord Mojo, though its not that portable theres ways of the dark side to make it pocketable (new word =P) and use ldac with it. thats my 2go suggestion, and from the ones im recommending i own all of em and they play at the same league as 5k, only the e1da would be the exception being 1 step further and the mojo being in another league. my 2 cents

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,865 of 6,414
in my experience, stay away from yinlvmei... dont want to stir the waters but my experience was bad, tbh, you own one of the best dac/ bt dongles out there right now, dc03 and 04 wont outperform it, look at e1da, earman sparrow, ltp s1 or if you want to play the adventurer l&p w1, qudelix 5k wired is something quite amazing already for the price/ benefit. wanna go further, Chord Mojo, though its not that portable theres ways of the dark side to make it pocketable (new word =P) and use ldac with it. thats my 2go suggestion, and from the ones im recommending i own all of em and they play at the same league as 5k, only the e1da would be the exception being 1 step further and the mojo being in another league. my 2 cents
Really I'm quite surprised by your negative view yinlvmei. The little reviews on their products that are out there are generally "this is beats stuff double the price", but I do have no experience with the company. The L&P W1 (and W2) are extremely interesting though, and I have been looking at the sparrow for some time, but no physical controls and same for the e1da plus I don't think I need that power, as I'am only planning on driving some multi BAs IEMs on it (Crafts Ears)

I do sometimes play with the Qudelix in wired mode, but I would prefer something that is still more capable.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #1,866 of 6,414
Really I'm quite surprised by your negative view yinlvmei. The little reviews on their products that are out there are generally "this is beats stuff double the price", but I do have no experience with the company. The L&P W1 (and W2) are extremely interesting though, and I have been looking at the sparrow for some time, but no physical controls and same for the e1da plus I don't think I need that power, as I'am only planning on driving some multi BAs IEMs on it (Crafts Ears)

I do sometimes play with the Qudelix in wired mode, but I would prefer something that is still more capable.
as i said, dont want to stir waters.

im getting l&p next week, will comment my first impressions, though i got the ltp s1 (currently using it with my imr pb2 right now) and i got it modded by Romi audio, the thing with the ltp (and im hoping the same with the l&p) is that they went the extra mile trying to replicate their house sound. the ltp has this amazing sound quality, im actually not fond of the volume controls on the unit, but im used to do it through my phone and prefere it that way.

sparrow is arriving as well after new years, though had the chance to play with it already and i think its worth its price.

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #1,867 of 6,414
Has anyone had any experience with the helm bolt? I have one on order and interested to hear opinions as there is very little review wise out there. I am only limited to what amazon have due to using a gift voucher. Basically it was between that or the ikko zerda.

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #1,868 of 6,414
Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #1,869 of 6,414
Thank you.

Does yourself or anyone else know if the ibasso products work with inline controls?

I have a volume and mic control on my CIEM's and would like for that to work like usual.

Edit: I spoke with someone from the Audio46 store here in NY, they said it shouldn't be a functional issue.
Yeah, it shouldn't be an issue, since the DC03 uses a CS43131 DAC.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #1,870 of 6,414
Yeah, it shouldn't be an issue, since the DC03 uses a CS43131 DAC.

May have to fiddle a bit as it doesn't seem to work on my V50. Though, from the first few short listens I am really liking it.

Dec 31, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #1,871 of 6,414
Guys go to crrius logic. What they now call the Hi-Fi is actually the master hi-fi. Which is the new pro. It has the dual operating amps. It's like 22 bucks at Amazon USA. Just go to cirius logic.com and look up master hi fi. Cirrus logic is the chipmaker.it is it's extremely confusing yes there is a non-pro and then there's a new one that they're calling the Hi-Fi it's actually the master Hi-Fi and it's the new pro.

Yes, the naming is very confusing. Is there any difference between Meizu MasterHIFI and TempoTec Sonata HD PRO? Both use the same DAC chip but the sonata HD pro is $15 more expensive. Also, can Meizu MasterHIFI be used with a windows laptop? It was clearly mentioned on the Sonata HD pro product page that it can be used with Windows 10, but on the Meizu MasterHIFI page, nothing was mentioned about Windows compatibility.

Dec 31, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #1,872 of 6,414
The Meizu Hi-Fi pro is not the same as the Meizu Master Hifi. The Meizu Hi-Fi pro has opa1612 opamps after the Cirrus Logic CS43131 dac chip in it is output stage. The Meiu Master Hifi does not and is just using the CS43131, so similar to the original Meizu Hi-Fi. As well as their price!

The Meizu Hi-Fi pro is not on the market anymore and may never be manufactured again. Time will tell!

The CS43131 chip that has been used in many dongle variations apparently has some specific measurable issues that their engineers recently have acknowledged and will try to fix. Seems like it is only dongles without build in-volume control. So for instance the Hidizs S8/Tempotec Sonata HD pro may not be affected by this.

Add to this. The S8/Tempotec Sonata HD pro is to me at least, a clear step up in performance vs. Meizu Master Hifi, so well worth a few $$ more!

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #1,873 of 6,414
Dec 31, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #1,874 of 6,414
What do you guys think about this one: https://www.zorloo.com/product-page/ztella-integrated-usb-dac-cable-mqa-version
Seems to be the only dongle with ESS chip AND MQA, even higher res than dragonfly red
"even higher res than dragonfly red" isn't saying much, since even the $9 Apple headphone adapter has higher res (=lower distortion) than the DF Red, according to measurements by ASR, archimago, and zhualan zhihu.
On that note, while the $100 Ztella does have the $9 Apple dongle beat in terms of distortion (yay), it still loses to the $15 Meizu dongle in distortion and output power.

Jan 4, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #1,875 of 6,414
Hi guys. Been using the dongle for a while (TempoTec Sonata HD Pro), UAPP and source music is my android smartphone. It's been great performing to listen to music from this setup.
The problem is when using USB DAC, there's no sound when playing another app for example YT.
When not using USB DAC (direct hi-res) it's work either UAPP and other apps.
It is USB DAC can only perform from UAPP or there is wrong from setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back