USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 17, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #692 of 6,397
The 9038S lacks DSD and 32/384 support.
Annoyingly, it can pick up EMI noise.
It needs a fair amount of power (my 6T can power it for exactly 11hrs with WiFi, Cellular, and the screen off).
But in exchange you get amazing SQ with supreme level of detail.
The choice is yours..

I understand that but since I'd be importing it I won't be getting warranty and IBasso I'll get natively so 1 year warranty, the main question is the sq and how much of a improvement it will be from DC01, if it's more than enough for the hassle of importing it, paying extra and having no warranties, then I'll definately go for it, and I'll be using it mostly for on the go listen using tin t2 or blon maybe, since my SHP9500 is not balanced and they say the adaptor doesn't work.

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #698 of 6,397
When is the IKKO ITM05 Music Patch going to be available with retailers? Any info on that?

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #699 of 6,397
AliExpress somehow manages to avoid customs when shipping to Germany. Maybe it's the same for India?
This was always true for Ireland... Until this last 11/11.

Got hit with customs on some Iems.

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #700 of 6,397
I've received 9038S recently. A very powerful DAC. Two divisions out of ten on my phone with Type C is enough for me for comfortable listening. The minor thing which disturbs is a very rigid cable. Can anybody share the link to a flexible Type C male to Type C male cable? Like almost the one we have for DC01. Non-detachable though.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #701 of 6,397
I've received 9038S recently. A very powerful DAC. Two divisions out of ten on my phone with Type C is enough for me for comfortable listening. The minor thing which disturbs is very rigid cable. Can anybody share the link to a flexible Type C male to Type C male cable? Like almost the one we have for DC01. Non-detachable though.

Screenshot_20191218-204027_Chrome.jpg

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #703 of 6,397
artpiggo
I have this one too but I need the DC01 type weaved cable.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #704 of 6,397
I have Huawei P30 Pro, EMUI 10. The headphones connected to the adapter are Koss KSC75 (no mic).

My iBasso DC02 doesn’t work for telephone calls. Phone call audio comes thorough the phone speaker. Both in the default Huawei dialer and third-party dialers. Have anyone encountered such a problem?

Media and other voice calling apps work perfectly. Audio during i.a. Skype calls comes from the headphones, input is via the built-in phone microphone.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #705 of 6,397
I just got the Meizu Hifi Dac (standard).
Spoiler: It is just totally insane how good this DAC sounds for just about 20€.

I compared it with the Meizu 16th (845's aqustic dac and cirrus logic amp) and Meizu Pro 5 (ESS 9018). I was expecting a sound quality somewhere between both but honestly it is as good as the Pro 5. I did several A/B tests and it is very difficult to explain the differences because the sound signature is very similar.

I read several times that the dongle is supposed to have a "neutral" tuning. I wouldn't say that this is wrong, but it is definitely far from being boring. Bass is powerful and precise. High dynamic. Very detailed.

Also I did not notice any issues concerning above mentioned "intereferences" and in my case I did not notice any issues with bit perfect playback (although it wasn't important to me).

I'm just wondering if Meizu is destroying the whole DAC market right now ^^

Will continue listening and might give an update in a few days.

Regards!
Jan

Edit: just a quick note: I also just compared it also attached to an external amp. At least with full volume the sound of the dongle feels less precise and powerfull compared to Pro 5. Still very good but it seems when using as line out at full volume it just loses a little bit of power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back