USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jun 21, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #1,321 of 6,397
It works. Since I got lotoo "lighting to Usb C". I get an adapter which "usb-c female to female"
You can try on this kind of adapter also.
Screenshot_20200621-160954_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am using this 1.Screenshot_20200621-161242_Samsung Internet.jpg
I am afraid in Europe this would be hard mission.

Jun 26, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #1,323 of 6,397
When the first came out, they were among the only options for such a device. Now, even though they are largely obsolete, they still have enough brand recognition thay people who don't know any better think they're the best thing ever. The Cobalt is the only decent one, but obviously its asking price is insane.

Jun 26, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #1,324 of 6,397
Hi,

is this known: Ikko Zerda ITM03?

Download.jpg

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #1,325 of 6,397
I used the Meizu with a Samsung A20 and it suffered from noise issues when used over cellular. Over wifi it was fine, but I sold it because of the noise problem. Tempotec Sonata HD Pro is better, slightly cheaper too.

Thank you for this! So my earphones are neutral with a bit of warmth. I have heard that the Tempotec is also the same. Is this true? If so, I would like an amp/dac that is more straight ahead neutral. I really don't want to add any more warmth if possible.

The Apple Lightning has volume issues with Android, right?

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #1,326 of 6,397
Thank you for this! So my earphones are neutral with a bit of warmth. I have heard that the Tempotec is also the same. Is this true? If so, I would like an amp/dac that is more straight ahead neutral. I really don't want to add any more warmth if possible.

The Apple Lightning has volume issues with Android, right?
The Tempotec is quite transparent/neutral. Dead flat frequency response, and crisp detailing.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #1,327 of 6,397
EDIT: whoops, meant to post in the Headphones for Metal megathread. Can you not delete posts?

Alrigh, just pulled the trigger on a brand new pair of Fostex TH900 (Orginal Gen, not mk2) for $1080 CAD ($790 USD). I'm also certain I'll enjoy them as closed back headphones, especially since I listen to DnB (neurofunk, techstep, liquid, drumstep). It was the last pair on clearance from a Canadian PC hardware website. I guess I lucked out with pricing because now I can buy a pair of open-backs when I'm ready.

As an aside, how woud you guys modify the following list based on personal preference? Pretty stoked to see the TH900 as Tier 1.

I only listen to metal and this is IMO best headphones.

Tier1:
Final Audio D8000
MrSpeakers Ether Flow Open 1.1
Focal's (Elear, Elex, Clear, Stellia)
Fostex TH-900

Tier2:
Dharma D1000 (after pads change)
Hifiman HE-6 (after LFF mod)
Audeze LCD-3
Meze Emperyan

Tier3:
Hifiman HE-5LE, HE-500 (sheepskin pads)
Hifiman HE-X v2
AKG K712 (modded)

This headphones i listen too.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #1,330 of 6,397
Jun 28, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #1,331 of 6,397
Thanks! I've never used Aliexpress before, but I can.

I actually looked on Amazon yesterday, but I only see the non-pro version available there: https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A1GZXXT5II890Q&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER.
Yeah I just looked too. They must be sold out on there. They may come back in stock, but they might not. The non pro version is actually perfectly decent, though, as long as you flash the D firmware on it.

Otherwise, you could get the Hidizs S8, which is the same thing with an extra cable (micro to micro) and twice the price LMAO.

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #1,334 of 6,397
If anyone is interested in comparing these dongles, I am available for clarification. I have tested them all in the last 2 months.

I'm in luck. I'm very interested in the comparison between the meizu dac and the erilles one(3rd from right). I already have the meizu and I'm thinking of getting the erilles as well, mostly just because of the ess chip. Would you say it's at least on par or an upgrade? I like the sound of the meizu a lot, just wish it was a tiny bit warmer. Which of them all would you say is your overall favourite.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #1,335 of 6,397
I'm in luck. I'm very interested in the comparison between the meizu dac and the erilles one(3rd from right). I already have the meizu and I'm thinking of getting the erilles as well, mostly just because of the ess chip. Would you say it's at least on par or an upgrade? I like the sound meizu a lot, just wish it was a tiny bit warmer. Which of them all would you say is your overall favourite.
Look into Spectra X. Completely destroys the Meizu Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back