1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 5, 2014.
First

Back
200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
Next

Last
  1. superuser1
    Any chance it will be or is it a complete no go? How about dx160?

2. Davy Wentzler
    If it is like I describe, then it's a no go. I have no information about the DX160, perhaps Lurker can answer that.

superuser1 likes this.
  3. superuser1
    I'm sorry i missed it if you described what the problem is ... is it something to do with the DTA audio that Hiby has implemented. I was actually thinking of asking @Lurker0 about the dx160

4. Davy Wentzler
    I have no idea what DTA is, but if it requires the app to be a system app and use ALSA, then it's a no.

superuser1 likes this.
  5. 1000ROUNDZ
    Hello @Davy Wentzler

Here's the explanation of DTA by Hiby: "Direct Transport Architecture, Android sample rate conversion bypass. Its DTA Android global lossless output technology ensures that sound output and reception can no longer be interfered with."

Any chance for having the R5 supported?

6. Davy Wentzler
    I really should think of some names for UAPP like that. I'm sorry, it's meaningless. It can still use ALSA as a system app.The R6 is supported by our super duper DTA system as well. :)

7. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Hey Davy,

It means all HiBys support Hi-Res playback without requiring use of a hi-res driver as follows:
    We re-engineered the Android back end so that it does not resample or touch the audio going from any standard Android app to the DAC as long as there's just one main audio stream playing. Your app doesn't need to look for a special HiRes mode nor is there a special HiRes mode for it to look for.

8. Davy Wentzler
    Thanks for the explanation. This wouldn't allow bit perfect playback though. Since the R6 there is a HiRes direct mode.

9. Lurker0
    How would it help to play 24 or 32 bits PCM bit perfect, if AudioFormat does not support corresponding Encodings?

buonassi likes this.
  10. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Please use ENCODING_PCM_FLOAT or pcm_offload wk.png

11. Davy Wentzler
    Float is used but not bit-perfect.

Lurker0 likes this.
  12. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    We cast the float back into integer to make sure that all your bits come out nice and square square head.gif

buonassi likes this.
  13. Lurker0
    This may work for 24-bit samples, but does not work for 32-bit samples.

buonassi likes this.
  14. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    There's neither an ADC nor a DAC on earth that can resolve over 24 bits per sample. I gave up arguing what is audible and what isn't when I signed up for this job but I draw the line at contorting the audio chain for things that can't even make any difference on any measurement instrument known to man, that by definition cannot make any measurable difference on any instrument that doesn't violate Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

15. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    But, well, pcm_offload is there if you care

buonassi likes this.
First

Back
200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
Next

Last