USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 20, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #2,986 of 6,145
I have created many EQ settings for different IEMs and wish to use these on another device. Does anyone know what folder are the EQ files stored in so I can copy these. Just to add I don't mean the parametric EQ as I've located these already.

ROOT FOLDER > UAPP > TBEQPresets

from there, just copy the XML files over to another device (same TBEQPresets folder). Hope this works for you as it did for me!

Aug 20, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #2,987 of 6,145
@Davy Wentzler - just a shot out for being the only software that allows you to pick the high res driver format. Hiby Music, Neutron, pick by default and I can't force a 16 bit ALSA section. With UAPP, I can!

I find that sending and un-padded bitstream of 16 bit straight to the DAC on DX150 sounds the best. Of course source file must be 16 bit and DAC must natively support it. There's just some magic that's lost when the software sends a padded stream of 24 bits to a DAC that is forced into ALSA state of 32 bit. Perhaps this is all in my head.... I'm not above admitting it. But who cares, I'm happy.

I do have a question that's a bit technical, so I understand if you prefer not to answer - still I post here as it may intrigue other techie licensees of UAPP: When you develop, do you have control over how the bitstreams are 'justified' by the DAC (LSB or MSB)? Or is that all determined by the OS (linux)?

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #2,988 of 6,145
@Davy Wentzler - just a shot out for being the only software that allows you to pick the high res driver format. Hiby Music, Neutron, pick by default and I can't force a 16 bit ALSA section. With UAPP, I can!

I find that sending and un-padded bitstream of 16 bit straight to the DAC on DX150 sounds the best. Of course source file must be 16 bit and DAC must natively support it. There's just some magic that's lost when the software sends a padded stream of 24 bits to a DAC that is forced into ALSA state of 32 bit. Perhaps this is all in my head.... I'm not above admitting it. But who cares, I'm happy.

I do have a question that's a bit technical, so I understand if you prefer not to answer - still I post here as it may intrigue other techie licensees of UAPP: When you develop, do you have control over how the bitstreams are 'justified' by the DAC (LSB or MSB)? Or is that all determined by the OS (linux)?

I'm afraid it's all in your head! :)

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2,989 of 6,145
ROOT FOLDER > UAPP > TBEQPresets

from there, just copy the XML files over to another device (same TBEQPresets folder). Hope this works for you as it did for me!

I can only see the parametric EQ saved settings there, I meant the 10 band EQ setting files. Strangely they seem to be stored in a different folder.

Can anyone help, please?

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #2,990 of 6,145
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #2,992 of 6,145
Had a crazy idea today to install Android in my mini PC using Android X86 on a different drive (link, you can boot also thru a pendrive i think).

Installed UAPP from Playstore. Not eyecandy, but it works!
Tried before using emulators in a Windows environment, it won't work.

Using my USB Reclocker -> DAC/Amp and accessing thru an external usb HDD.

SQ is more or less the same as my Android TV box.

Very interesting/useful for those who have PCs (NUCs, laptops etc.) who wants dual functionality.

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #2,995 of 6,145
Hello @Davy Wentzler ,
I would like to ask you if it would be possible to implement feature like reverse channel. Something like 2 separate switches/checkboxes if I want to reverse L/R channel or not, one for PCM data, another one for DSD data.
I was said Neutron has such feature and it would be sometimes useful. Especially now when I found my DAC reverses channels in DSD mode. UAPP is used widely with this DAC users and may be useful for many people.
What do you think?

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #2,996 of 6,145
Hello,

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked already. Does UAPP utilize the Quad DAC in the LG G7? I have heard that the stock LG music player bypasses the Android processing as well as using the Quad DAC, but I like the UAPP interface much better.

Thanks

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2,998 of 6,145
the V30 continues to surprise me. While it may not layer quite as well as my DX150 with amp 7, its tonality and detail are great. Sometimes I ask myself why I keep my DAPs when I have the V30....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back