1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 5, 2014.
First

Back
190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
Next

Last
  1. buonassi
    ROOT FOLDER > UAPP > TBEQPresets

from there, just copy the XML files over to another device (same TBEQPresets folder). Hope this works for you as it did for me!

2. buonassi
    @Davy Wentzler - just a shot out for being the only software that allows you to pick the high res driver format. Hiby Music, Neutron, pick by default and I can't force a 16 bit ALSA section. With UAPP, I can!

I find that sending and un-padded bitstream of 16 bit straight to the DAC on DX150 sounds the best. Of course source file must be 16 bit and DAC must natively support it. There's just some magic that's lost when the software sends a padded stream of 24 bits to a DAC that is forced into ALSA state of 32 bit. Perhaps this is all in my head.... I'm not above admitting it. But who cares, I'm happy.

I do have a question that's a bit technical, so I understand if you prefer not to answer - still I post here as it may intrigue other techie licensees of UAPP: When you develop, do you have control over how the bitstreams are 'justified' by the DAC (LSB or MSB)? Or is that all determined by the OS (linux)?

Dannemand likes this.
  3. Davy Wentzler
    I'm afraid it's all in your head! :)

buonassi and HungryPanda like this.
  4. spikeyw
    I can only see the parametric EQ saved settings there, I meant the 10 band EQ setting files. Strangely they seem to be stored in a different folder.

Can anyone help, please?

5. WitzyZed
    I emailed asking for this sort of fix over a year ago (July 12th, 2018)
    Is this to be implemented in 5.2.6?

6. Davy Wentzler
    Yes

7. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Had a crazy idea today to install Android in my mini PC using Android X86 on a different drive (link, you can boot also thru a pendrive i think).

Installed UAPP from Playstore. Not eyecandy, but it works!
    Tried before using emulators in a Windows environment, it won't work.

Using my USB Reclocker -> DAC/Amp and accessing thru an external usb HDD.

SQ is more or less the same as my Android TV box.

Very interesting/useful for those who have PCs (NUCs, laptops etc.) who wants dual functionality.

8. Davy Wentzler
    Unfortunately, these files are stored in the app's private directory (long story) and cannot be accessed.

9. educator
    Hi, I just received a Samsung galaxy note 10 + which comes with usbc headphones. I cannot hear any sound through the headphones using your app although other apps work. What do you advise?

10. noaid
    Hello @Davy Wentzler ,
    I would like to ask you if it would be possible to implement feature like reverse channel. Something like 2 separate switches/checkboxes if I want to reverse L/R channel or not, one for PCM data, another one for DSD data.
    I was said Neutron has such feature and it would be sometimes useful. Especially now when I found my DAC reverses channels in DSD mode. UAPP is used widely with this DAC users and may be useful for many people.
    What do you think?

11. nghiatran139
    Hello,

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked already. Does UAPP utilize the Quad DAC in the LG G7? I have heard that the stock LG music player bypasses the Android processing as well as using the Quad DAC, but I like the UAPP interface much better.

Thanks

12. LightBlue77
    Yes, it should use the quad dac and afaik it is the same as on v30 which makes it the best sounding smartphone on market, should be as good as v40 and v50 as people say. Don't exactly know about amping but dac is the best.

13. buonassi
    the V30 continues to surprise me. While it may not layer quite as well as my DX150 with amp 7, its tonality and detail are great. Sometimes I ask myself why I keep my DAPs when I have the V30....

14. LightBlue77
    right, sometimes i have the urge to get rid of the pioneer dap because of versatility and quality of v30 but then i listen to the dap and decide to still keep it for a while :)

SoFGR likes this.
  15. SoFGR
    *BUMP*

First

Back
190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
Next

Last