1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 5, 2014.
First

Back
174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183
185 186 187
Next

Last
  1. psikey
    Considering a Fiio M11 or a Hiby R6 Pro.

From what I've read UAPP will not work on the M11.

Will it work on the R6 Pro and especially playback MQA via Tidal integration as I have the MQA add-in ?

2. Davy Wentzler
    The Hiby R6 pro is supported.

psikey likes this.
  3. Mathieulh
    I confirm it works just fine on my Hiby R6 Pro.

psikey likes this.
  4. jsmiller58
    Same here.

But only first unfold. While the R3 has hardware support for full unfold, the R6 Pro does not. Uncertain if Hiby will ever update the R6 Pro to support it (they did update the R3 through over the air update).

5. Mathieulh
    By the way, there is a small, somewhat annoying bug that occurs using USB Audio Player Pro on the Hiby R6 Pro. When using Native DSD Playback, upon manually selecting a DSD track (while playing another DSD track), you get a "failed to find or setup HiRes DAC!" error, this also happens if you go to the next or previous track and that track is a DSD track. You then have to press the play button again to resume playback. This does not occur if you let USBAPP get to the next track automatically, this only occurs when manually selecting a track or going to the previous/next track.

6. TheStalker79
    Couple of bug reports. No thumbnail when favourite artist list is selected, and when the phone is rotated, the list disappears completely. Even when the phone is rotated back to portrait mode, the list only comes back once you exit the list and go back in. This is using a Xiaomi Mi Max 3 running Miui 10.3.

Screenshot_2019-05-27-13-33-00-066_com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro.png Screenshot_2019-05-27-13-33-33-202_com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro.png

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  7. LightBlue77
    i have the same problem on pioneer xdp-300r, if a rotate the list is emptied.
    the fix is obvious, do not rotate :)

SteveOliver likes this.
  8. ctheanh
    Ok,
    So maybe Uapp will get wrong with LG phone on Pie. The Dac only works with DIRECT flag and DSD file will not play at this setting.

9. neo_styles
    @Davy Wentzler , this is such an impressive piece of work and I really do hope you're proud of what you've been able to do so far. Without a shred of shame, I bought the app, both Toneboosters DSPs, and the MQA add-on...and now I just look at my Monolith 788 Desktop and Opus#1 wondering when they're going to get used next because the sound out of my OnePlus 6 is back to being awesome again. Didn't think there would be this much a difference between Android's sound processing and the HiRes codec nor between Poweramp 3 and UAPP, but I'm completely blown away. Just...wow.

Love that you've been continuously adding features and turning around bug fixes as quick as you have as well. Please count me in if you need someone to beta new features. Would love to be able to help out if I can.

I also really hope Spotify can understand the value UAPP adds to their platform if they just release to you the information you need to incorporate it. Tidal, Qobuz, and GPM are definitely getting some market share from Spotify's reluctance.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  10. Davy Wentzler
    Many thanks for the compliments and purchases, I really appreciate it! The information to support Spotify is public, it's just that it cannot be used in paid apps.

11. ariscotle
    New to UAPP and Tidal... saw this post from a long while back.. is this still the case that UAPP does not support offline mode for Tidal?

I purchased UAPP and the MQA add-on... this app is amazing. Best one I've used.
    Actually more of a Qobuz fan than Tidal in terms of format, but until the catalog is up to par, I've switched back to Tidal for now.

Any info appreciated.

@Davy Wentzler

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  12. m-i-c-k-e-y
    It is not that UAPP does not support offline.mode. But Tidal won't allow it.

13. Yethal
    Only Tidal's own mobile app supports offline playback.

14. fokta
    @Davy Wentzler

my UAPP on Note 8 is having a problem.. Whenever I play flac song, around 1 minutes, its freeze and music stop... and then UAPP have to force close app...

is there any bug going on?

15. Davy Wentzler
    Does it also happen with other formats?

First

Back
174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183
185 186 187
Next

Last