USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 31, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #2,596 of 6,156
I'm pretty sure you can achieve that with BubbleUPnP. You can use UAPP as renderer within the BubbleUPnP player. So I think you would just need to set up UPnP (tethering?) to communicate between the two devices. Personally, I use UAPP as renderer within the BubbleUPnP player but not across two devices.

Will take a look at that. Thanks

Mar 31, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #2,597 of 6,156
Just installed UAPP on my Android phone for use with Tidal and a MQA compatible DAC. Just a couple of questions:

1) Is there anyway for UAPP to learn my listening history from the Tidal app or do I have to start from scratch?

2) Will there be any chance of the video section from Tidal being added to UAPP?

3) Will we be getting 'suggested radio stations', 'My Mix' playlists, 'Related artists' and 'Influencer' categories added?

If these were all available on UAPP, I'd never need to use the Tidal app at all.

1) I'm afraid not, only favorites
2) not anytime soon
3) not anytime soon probably since we don't have the information/URL's

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #2,599 of 6,156
OR...

Use an AndroidTV box.
1. Instal UAPP
2. Connect DAC to TV box
3. And control via remote from your TV/TV Box

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #2,600 of 6,156
OR...

Use an AndroidTV box.
1. Instal UAPP
2. Connect DAC to TV box
3. And control via remote from your TV/TV Box

That could be a good idea .. I already have amazon Fire TV with USB Port.
Concerns would be if the UAPP will display correctly on the TV and if i will be able to navigate its GUI with the remote with ease.
I have a feeling GUI navigation won’t work well as UAPP is designedto work on the phones and no android TV.

@anttipi I tried out your idea to use Bubble UPNP with UAPP Render and it worked !

Instead of Bubble UPNP I found some other UPNP apps for iphone and I was able to try out the idea successfully. I was able to select the V30 as both the UPNP server and Renderer and thereby control what to play on it remotely. The iPhone apps weren’t particularly great but allowed me to test out the idea in principle.

I think I will now look at buying an old Android tablet with a MicroSD card slot that I can leave connected to the DAC as a dedicated server/renderer.

@Davy Wentzler Are you able to say if the UAPP is compatible with the M-DAC ?

It uses ESS Sabre32 Reference ES9018K2M DAC Chip.
http://www.audiolab.co.uk/product-detail.php?pid=19

The M-DAC manual indicated that the USB input port is dedicated for Android & PC connectivity.

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #2,601 of 6,156
Actually my idea is to connect via V30’s usb C port to audiolabs mini M-DAC USB input - bypass V30 DAC. I also tried it through the 3.5mm jack and it was poor sounding.

My next question was to ask @Davy Wentzler if the M-DAC would be compatible with UAPP as an external DAC.

http://www.audiolab.co.uk/product-detail.php?pid=19

Not with 100% certainty, but the m-dac and m-dac+ are in the compatibility list, so it would be odd if this variant did not work.

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #2,602 of 6,156
I am using an Android TV Box for 2 yrs already w/ UAPP. No problems with its remote or GUI.

Apr 2, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #2,605 of 6,156
No, it will always stop and start between dsf/dff tracks because we cannot get it to work otherwise. SACD .iso's can play gapless though.

Davy, DSD gapless is pretty important to me so I was wondering, could you let me know if there are plans to allow this in the future or if this is not on the map?

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #2,606 of 6,156
Davy, DSD gapless is pretty important to me so I was wondering, could you let me know if there are plans to allow this in the future or if this is not on the map?

Thanks!

Well, I've got it working now for a couple of tracks at least when using DoP on a LG V30. Please send me an email at info AT extreamsd.com for a test version.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #2,607 of 6,156
I'm running Uapp on my Onkyo DP-X1A which most likely does not decode MQA. So I am wondering what's the difference between UAPP running MQA files with and without UAPP's MQA purchase and with normal high-res music? Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #2,608 of 6,156
Wondering if someone with experience can help out as my experience with Android is limited.

Today I connected the V30 to the mini M-DAC using a newly ordered USB C to micro usb cable. I was hoping to use UAPP UPNP Renderer feature to play tracks remotely.

Something strange started happening straight away - the phone was charging the M-DAC which has a built in battery for optional use as a portable device. The M-DAC itself was plugged into an AC supply. I had expected the M-DAC to communicate as well as charge the phone simultaneously.

When I first connected the the M-DAC to the phone, Android bought up some permission prompts to which I quickly ticked enable/allow/yes without checking each carefully.
Maybe I selected something wrong there ? Can it be reset ?

When I go to the USB Connection options dialogue I see that Power Supply mode is automatically selected when the DAC is plugged in. When I change it to Charging or other options it quickly reverts back to Power supply mode.

Any ideas what is going on ? Cable issue ?
My phone is rooted so maybe a XDA util can help force the ISB mode to charging ?

8774F82D-3040-412E-8A7B-D9D678EE80BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #2,609 of 6,156
Is anyone using the Toneboosters Parametric EQ option in UAPP? Is it any good? the UI seems horrible and there is only 6 bands.
also @Davy Wentzler the Morphit plugin is outdated compared to the desktop version. My headphones are supported in the desktop app but not the UAPP plugin.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #2,610 of 6,156
Is anyone using the Toneboosters Parametric EQ option in UAPP? Is it any good? the UI seems horrible and there is only 6 bands.
also @Davy Wentzler the Morphit plugin is outdated compared to the desktop version. My headphones are supported in the desktop app but not the UAPP plugin.

Can you please elaborate on why the UI is horrible? We'll get new Morphit profiles soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back