USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 30, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #2,401 of 6,156
Jan 30, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #2,402 of 6,156
Interesting... But will UAPP bypass the Android OS if there is no external DAC (i.e., using the internal quad DAC and headphone out)?

Yes. It fixes all those problems. For me the only reason to use the official Qobuz or Tidal apps is to cache streams for offline (resampled) listening, or to filter Qobuz new releases (Discover) by genre, or to get at more text content.

Jan 30, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,403 of 6,156
Yes. It fixes all those problems. For me the only reason to use the official Qobuz or Tidal apps is to cache streams for offline (resampled) listening, or to filter Qobuz new releases (Discover) by genre, or to get at more text content.

So I can stream Qobuz flac (for, say, a 192/24 track) through UAPP and it will bypass the limitations of the Android OS, utilizing the Hi-Res capabilities of the internal quad DAC. Excellent, thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #2,404 of 6,156
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #2,405 of 6,156
Thanks for all your findings. The more information, the better. Usually, I play low frequency sine waves to proof/find glitches, but I don't think Tidal serves any. :)
Use this .....
Check out this album on TIDAL: "Audio Line-Up Test Tones (Calibration Reference Check)" by Audio Check http://tidal.com/album/29581889

The problem is his tracks may not be long enough. The interruptions usually happen once every couple of minutes

I use 44.1 most of the time on tidal streaming .it definitely still pops glitches with that format .

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #2,406 of 6,156
Switching back and forth between UAPP and other apps that use the DAC, such as Tidal app or LG Music app. Rebooting solves this particular aspect. (I've reported this before.)

* Apps that run in background, such as ones with persistent notifications. I uninstalled Notification History app (helped), Deactivated Blokada (didn't help), Disabled Blokada Keep-alive persistent notification (helped), Settings->General-Developer options->Inactive apps->Made all apps Inactive that I could (helped). Even with all of those, I'd still get a pop in UAPP every 10 mins or so.

I too have noticed exactly these two points !

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #2,407 of 6,156
@Davy Wentzler

I would also like to bring to your attention another new bug I haven't experienced before on LG V30.

When listening to Tidal tracks, often their is no GO BACK arrow in top left corner. I'm than forced to use the menu to get back to the Tidal homepage.

Its happening too often.

I would like to try the previous version of the app if thats possible to see if its code change related or an issue with my phone. Please advise how I can do this properly - new to android.

See photo without BACK option.

Capture+_2019-01-31-01-06-03.png

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #2,408 of 6,156
I would like to try the previous version of the app if thats possible to see if its code change related or an issue with my phone. Please advise how I can do this properly - new to android.
you can back up your currently installed apk (don't need root permissions). This way, you can roll back to previous versions after an update that you don't like. I realize this only solves your problem going forward..... sorry man.

check out the myriad of backup apps on the playstore

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #2,409 of 6,156
@Davy Wentzler

I would also like to bring to your attention another new bug I haven't experienced before on LG V30.

When listening to Tidal tracks, often their is no GO BACK arrow in top left corner. I'm than forced to use the menu to get back to the Tidal homepage.

Its happening too often.

See photo without BACK option.

Hmm.. never seen or heard of that. What happens when you press the (global) back button?

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #2,410 of 6,156
Hi all. I just found this thread and I'm wondering if UAPP is a solution to my problem.

I just got the AKG N90Q headphones which has a built-in USB DAC. I tried listening to the Qobuz app on my Pixel through USB, but I get a dropout (about .5 secs) every so often, maybe once a minute. I have a 44.1kHz Qobuz subscription, so this is lossless but not high-res. I also tried the YouTube Music app and got the same dropouts.

To see if it's something with my phone, I tried the N90Q with my MacBook Pro. I don't get the dropouts but I discovered that the only setting in Audio MIDI Setup that works cleanly is 44.1kHz 16-bit. Other settings give me pops/clicks.

I'm wondering if UAPP would get rid of the dropouts I'm experiencing from my phone. I like the Qobuz app (discovery, booklets, etc.) and would hate to not be able to use it. But if UAPP does USB differently, maybe it will solve the dropout problem.

I also posted in the N90Q thread.

Any advice?

Jan 31, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #2,411 of 6,156
Hi all. I just found this thread and I'm wondering if UAPP is a solution to my problem.

I just got the AKG N90Q headphones which has a built-in USB DAC. I tried listening to the Qobuz app on my Pixel through USB, but I get a dropout (about .5 secs) every so often, maybe once a minute. I have a 44.1kHz Qobuz subscription, so this is lossless but not high-res. I also tried the YouTube Music app and got the same dropouts.

To see if it's something with my phone, I tried the N90Q with my MacBook Pro. I don't get the dropouts but I discovered that the only setting in Audio MIDI Setup that works cleanly is 44.1kHz 16-bit. Other settings give me pops/clicks.

I'm wondering if UAPP would get rid of the dropouts I'm experiencing from my phone. I like the Qobuz app (discovery, booklets, etc.) and would hate to not be able to use it. But if UAPP does USB differently, maybe it will solve the dropout problem.

I also posted in the N90Q thread.

Any advice?

It’s possible that the upsampling whick happens in Android of all 44 to 48khz is causing the problem.

I have similar issue using DM6 with Tidal 44 tracks on V30. I get hiss in the background.

Seems this is the reason for your problem as you are able overcome it on the laptop specifying 44, than yes UAPP will help. If you log into qoBuz through UAPP, it will not upsample the 44 tracks and you should be fine. GL

Jan 31, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #2,412 of 6,156
Hmm.. never seen or heard of that. What happens when you press the (global) back button?

I had selected the full screen option on the LG V30 so that global back, home etc are invisible unless I swipe up first to reveal. This feature gives me more of the screen premium and app interface looks nicer.

Disabling this or swiping up and selecting the Globa Back button sends the app back to tracks list as expected. So I guess I can resort to this temporarily until the issue is fixed.

Jan 31, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #2,413 of 6,156

It’s possible that the upsampling whick happens in Android of all 44 to 48khz is causing the problem.

I have similar issue using DM6 with Tidal 44 tracks on V30. I get hiss in the background.

Seems this is the reason for your problem as you are able overcome it on the laptop specifying 44, than yes UAPP will help. If you log into qoBuz through UAPP, it will not upsample the 44 tracks and you should be fine. GL

I've never heard of cases where Android's 44->48kHz upsampling caused dropouts. Sound quality artifacts, yes: Like the hiss on very sensitive IEMs, typically ones with Balanced Armature drivers, such as the DM6 (122dB). Much less so on headphones like the N90Q (110dB). I don't have firsthand experience with either, I just base this on the reports I've read here on Head-Fi.

Nevertheless, the upsampling is indeed offensive to us as audiophiles, and UAPP solves that for DAC's that can use its USB driver or its internal HiRes driver.

However those dropouts sound more like a network issue to me. You can download the trial version of UAPP here and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #2,414 of 6,156
Hi, how are you, I see that this post has many answers.

I am new in this music in MQA format, I acquired the UAPP, (lg g7) I have configured it, and I have been able to play dsd, and 24-bit flac files natively, as seen in below images.

Ps1DYDD.jpg

However when wanting to play MQA files, I see that it does a "downsampling" exactly half the sampling rate.

NHrmMtC.jpg

This is normal?

Because when using the factory player of the LG G7 if it detects MQA and seems to be playing the native bitrate.

dobzd39.jpg

Also none of the MQA files are detected and added to the library by UAPP, I have to scan them through folders and play them, this is also normal?

Thank you.

Jan 31, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #2,415 of 6,156
Is it possible to use UAPP and an external hard drive as well. Unfortunately, I have no idea why the mobile like OnePlus 6 don't support a simple memory card :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back