USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 4, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #1,546 of 6,156
I have the "Play Through Android" checkbox OFF, and "Use USB DAC" check box ON, but the app still plays music through my phone speakers even when no DAC is connected. How can I be sure that it is using my DAC when a DAC is connected?

Since the HiRes driver was introduced, there are lots of people using the app without a USB DAC, so we have reduced the warning messages regarding no presence of a USB DAC. When your DAC is connected, you can tell whether you are using the app's custom USB driver if it says 'USB audio initialized' on start-up and/or you are seeing 'USB DAC' in front of the actual sample rate display.

Otherwise, you'd see HiRes or Android.

May 4, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #1,547 of 6,156
Since the HiRes driver was introduced, there are lots of people using the app without a USB DAC, so we have reduced the warning messages regarding no presence of a USB DAC. When your DAC is connected, you can tell whether you are using the app's custom USB driver if it says 'USB audio initialized' on start-up and/or you are seeing 'USB DAC' in front of the actual sample rate display.

Thanks!

On a separate note - is there an easy way to identify and remove duplicate songs in a playlist? I wish the app would have a feature like Spotify which warns you when adding a duplicate song to a playlist.

May 5, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #1,548 of 6,156
i want to ask about hires direct driver im using redmi note 4 qualcom snapdragon 625 , what will happen if im using hires direct driver? from log update my device support for hires direct driver (idk exactly its true or not) all of my music is 90% flac 16bit 44100 Hz ripped from CD's and 5% AAC purchased from apple 5% MP3 320k from pirated . i am not into a 24bit nor higher of it .which one should i choose since it asked from start up. what if i choose hi res direct does it upsampling my songs every i play it or make my songs more hi-res? what if im choose standart android audio driver? does my some of my device chip audio(idk exactly) wouldnt work properly or will cause failure? im already read on website page about hires audio driver but im still confusing and bit not understand.
thanks in advance

May 7, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,549 of 6,156
i want to ask about hires direct driver im using redmi note 4 qualcom snapdragon 625 , what will happen if im using hires direct driver? from log update my device support for hires direct driver (idk exactly its true or not) all of my music is 90% flac 16bit 44100 Hz ripped from CD's and 5% AAC purchased from apple 5% MP3 320k from pirated . i am not into a 24bit nor higher of it .which one should i choose since it asked from start up. what if i choose hi res direct does it upsampling my songs every i play it or make my songs more hi-res? what if im choose standart android audio driver? does my some of my device chip audio(idk exactly) wouldnt work properly or will cause failure? im already read on website page about hires audio driver but im still confusing and bit not understand.
thanks in advance

By choosing the hires direct driver, the quality will be better in any case since no resampling takes place, no mixing, etc. It's like the name says, a more 'direct' path to the audio chip. You can always choose 'Standard android driver' afterwards.

May 9, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #1,550 of 6,156
I always get this error when trying to connect to my smb/network share. No other app has problems connecting to the share. Any tips?

Screenshot_20180509-021842_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg Screenshot_20180509-022412_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

May 9, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #1,551 of 6,156
I always get this error when trying to connect to my smb/network share. No other app has problems connecting to the share. Any tips?

If it's on a Windows PC, try this: "Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > check the box for "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support""

May 9, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,552 of 6,156
If it's on a Windows PC, try this: "Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > check the box for "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support""
Thank you, I will try this when I get back home.

Update: that worked!

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #1,553 of 6,156
Hi, so with the Pioneer XDP100 has there been a definitive fix for the sound cutting out when the screen is off when running UAPP? I'm only using the headphone port and not the usb output to dac. I've gone as long as 2hrs with it not cutting out and as little as 10 seconds after the screen shutting before it starts cutting out. I increased the buffer to it's max setting but it continues to flare up at times. It's a nice interface and sounds great, I just wish I knew why it does this and how to prevent it. Thanks

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #1,554 of 6,156
I'm a neutron user but recently started using UAPP, mainly for the Tidal integration. I have a couple of suggestions that I'd love to see in future releases.

In the network section, the only type of network share we can add is a samba share. Would it be possible to enable more kinds of shared drives, specifically FTP? I have all my music on a local FTP server because android is really slow over smb for some reason. If I copy the same file over ftp and smb in android, the ftp transfer is 2-3x faster than smb.

Another thing I noticed was with internet radio streaming, the track metadata isn't shown in UAPP. On neutron, the current song's metadata and artwork is displayed when I stream Radio Paradise's AAC stream (http://www.radioparadise.com/m3u/aac-320.m3u). In UAPP, it just shows the URL of the stream and nothing else.

Just some nice to have features, not complaining. Really liking UAPP so far. The UI is a major improvement over Neutron.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #1,556 of 6,156
Hi, so with the Pioneer XDP100 has there been a definitive fix for the sound cutting out when the screen is off when running UAPP? I'm only using the headphone port and not the usb output to dac. I've gone as long as 2hrs with it not cutting out and as little as 10 seconds after the screen shutting before it starts cutting out. I increased the buffer to it's max setting but it continues to flare up at times. It's a nice interface and sounds great, I just wish I knew why it does this and how to prevent it. Thanks

I started my XDP100R to try and reproduce this error. First it didn't do it on the 4.2.1 version I had installed. Then I installed 4.3.0 and the problem occurred. But now I cannot reproduce it anymore. When you say 'cut out', do you mean it stops playback or there is an audio glitch?

May 12, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,557 of 6,156
I started my XDP100R to try and reproduce this error. First it didn't do it on the 4.2.1 version I had installed. Then I installed 4.3.0 and the problem occurred. But now I cannot reproduce it anymore. When you say 'cut out', do you mean it stops playback or there is an audio glitch?

Hi, the sound skips, or momentarily pauses then resumes of it's own accord. Kinda sounds like a bad Skype session or poor cell reception where you only hear every 3rd or 4th word. I don't think I've ever seen play actually stop and have to hit play for it to resume. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern that I can discern. It's happened as soon as the screen goes dark, it's happened after 5-15min of playback after the screen has gone dark, or it's played for a couple of hours without a hitch. What I have found is that when it does cut out with the screen dark I can tap the power button to light the display and it will play normally; both while the display is lit and after it goes dark again.

May 12, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #1,558 of 6,156
Hey. Axon 7 user here. I was wondering if there is a trial version of the USB Audio Player Pro? I wanna try and see if it works with the phone's DAC properly before I buy it (it is a bit expensive, and if it doesn't work, I might have to tear my hair out :D ). I'm on a desperate quest to find a player that fully utilizes the audio capabilities of my phone, and so far NOTHING works. This project might be my last hope...

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #1,559 of 6,156
Hey. Axon 7 user here. I was wondering if there is a trial version of the USB Audio Player Pro? I wanna try and see if it works with the phone's DAC properly before I buy it (it is a bit expensive, and if it doesn't work, I might have to tear my hair out :D ). I'm on a desperate quest to find a player that fully utilizes the audio capabilities of my phone, and so far NOTHING works. This project might be my last hope...

You can download and try for few days and if it doesn't work out, you can refund the app from google playstore.

May 13, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #1,560 of 6,156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back