USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 28, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #4,414 of 6,156
The Morphit plug-in is a total gimmick and it's entire premise is objectively invalid for the simple reason that it cannot account for sound characteristics of your audio chain, i.e. your smartphone or DAP's DAC nor account for the use of an additional portable DAC or amp that you connect to in-between your smartphone and your headphones. There are also interconnects and different aftermarket headphone cables. The combinations are limitless and Toneboosters's flawed Morphit plug-in doesn't (can't) account for such factors. The frequency
curves for each person's particular headphone is affected by the age and condition of the ear pad cushions and their placement on your head.

As Amir has shown on his recent WH-1000XM4 review (posted this week) every minor adjustment of the positioning of the headphones on his GRAS measuring dummy significantly changed the resulting frequency curve.

So Toneboosters is knowingly peddling snake oil and I would urge Davy Wentzler to remove this plugin from UAPP or at least disable future purchases. Time to take our the trash.

Full disclosure, I purchased the Morphit plug-in 2 years ago and have tested it with HD600, HD650, MDR-Z7, and WH-1000x with an LG V20 as source. Morphit failed to improve the sound quality for every headphone and in most cases made the sound dramatically worse.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #4,415 of 6,156
I am still trying to find out why I am only able to play 3 tracks via Qobuz.
After 3 tracks playback stops and I have to click the fourth track to start playback again. It will play 3 more tracks and then stop again, until I manually start playback again.
And this cycle repeats until the record has been streamed.
So something is definitely not right here, I tried to play with the settings, but to no avail.
Has anybody experienced similar issues?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #4,416 of 6,156
I am still trying to find out why I am only able to play 3 tracks via Qobuz.
After 3 tracks playback stops and I have to click the fourth track to start playback again. It will play 3 more tracks and then stop again, until I manually start playback again.
And this cycle repeats until the record has been streamed.
So something is definitely not right here, I tried to play with the settings, but to no avail.
Has anybody experienced similar issues?

I figured I would try as it was easy enough. First try I got 1 and 1/2 tracks before it stopped (in the middle of track 2). Second try is on track 5 now and still playing...

I have had issues with UAPP in the past with both Tidal and Qobuz stopping in middle of an album/playlist. I remember playing with the network buffer but it didn't seem to solve the problem.

Not much help, I know... If you have a specific album or playlist, I would be happy to test. Meanwhile I'll keep listening for a bit.

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #4,417 of 6,156
I figured I would try as it was easy enough. First try I got 1 and 1/2 tracks before it stopped (in the middle of track 2). Second try is on track 5 now and still playing...

I have had issues with UAPP in the past with both Tidal and Qobuz stopping in middle of an album/playlist. I remember playing with the network buffer but it didn't seem to solve the problem.

Not much help, I know... If you have a specific album or playlist, I would be happy to test. Meanwhile I'll keep listening for a bit.
Than you for trying to solve my problem.
It happens with every album.
I will play around with more settings, but I hope that Davy will look into this problem eventually.

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #4,418 of 6,156
I will play around with more settings, but I hope that Davy will look into this problem eventually.

Have you disabled "Battery Optimization" for UAPP?

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #4,419 of 6,156
The Morphit plug-in is a total gimmick and it's entire premise is objectively invalid for the simple reason that it cannot account for sound characteristics of your audio chain, i.e. your smartphone or DAP's DAC nor account for the use of an additional portable DAC or amp that you connect to in-between your smartphone and your headphones. There are also interconnects and different aftermarket headphone cables. The combinations are limitless and Toneboosters's flawed Morphit plug-in doesn't (can't) account for such factors. The frequency
curves for each person's particular headphone is affected by the age and condition of the ear pad cushions and their placement on your head.

As Amir has shown on his recent WH-1000XM4 review (posted this week) every minor adjustment of the positioning of the headphones on his GRAS measuring dummy significantly changed the resulting frequency curve.

So Toneboosters is knowingly peddling snake oil and I would urge Davy Wentzler to remove this plugin from UAPP or at least disable future purchases. Time to take our the trash.

Full disclosure, I purchased the Morphit plug-in 2 years ago and have tested it with HD600, HD650, MDR-Z7, and WH-1000x with an LG V20 as source. Morphit failed to improve the sound quality for every headphone and in most cases made the sound dramatically worse.

Generally speaking, additional DACs, Amps and cables shouldn't be altering the frequency response curve of your headphones unless you're purposely using something that isn't neural for whatever reason, in which case you should be well aware of that and understand that's going to affect the sound you get. As for earpads and headphone positioning, how exactly do you expect Morphit to account for that? Magic? Morphit might or might not be useful for an individual user, but the fact that it can't account for a bunch of random factors out in the wild doesn't make it "snake oil", it just means you need to understand what it can do and what it can't do when you use it.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #4,420 of 6,156

I continued to listen to Qobuz and UAPP stops playing at random times for me. Sometimes I can get through only one track and at other times several tracks. Typically, it stops in the middle of a track for me. I cannot get through an entire album or playlist without this happening. I'm within 10 feet of my router (Asus RT-AC86U) and my signal is strong. Using FiiO M11 Pro. "Battery Optimization" is disabled for UAPP as well.

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #4,421 of 6,156
I continued to listen to Qobuz and UAPP stops playing at random times for me. Sometimes I can get through only one track and at other times several tracks. Typically, it stops in the middle of a track for me. I cannot get through an entire album or playlist without this happening. I'm within 10 feet of my router (Asus RT-AC86U) and my signal is strong. Using FiiO M11 Pro. "Battery Optimization" is disabled for UAPP as well.
I don't think that in my case it has to do with signal strength. Once a track starts playing, it plays to the end.
But it's only playing three tracks and then stops.

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #4,422 of 6,156
I don't think that in my case it has to do with signal strength. Once a track starts playing, it plays to the end.

Agreed, your situation seems different and repeatable. I just figured I would report my experience which is not so good. Perhaps it will prompt a fix. Interestingly, I have no such issues with the Qobuz app. Thankfully, my DAP plays high resolution using either method.

Jan 29, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #4,423 of 6,156

Have you checked your Qobuz account page to make sure you didn't accidentally subscribe to the tree fiddy plan which is limited to only tree tracks at a time?

Jan 29, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #4,424 of 6,156
Have you checked your Qobuz account page to make sure you didn't accidentally subscribe to the tree fiddy plan which is limited to only tree tracks at a time?
Thank you so much again for your efforts to help me solve my problem.
I double checked and I own the hi-res Studio Qobuz version.
If I play an album just on the Qobuz app on my cell phone or on UAPP not hooked up to my USB DAC, all the tracks are being played.
But as soon as I connect my cell phone via USB to my Questyle cma 12 DAC/AMP, only 3 tracks will be played successively.
I also shut off battery optimazition,but alas to no avail.

Jan 29, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #4,425 of 6,156
Thank you so much again for your efforts to help me solve my problem.
I double checked and I own the hi-res Studio Qobuz version.
If I play an album just on the Qobuz app on my cell phone or on UAPP not hooked up to my USB DAC, all the tracks are being played.
But as soon as I connect my cell phone via USB to my Questyle cma 12 DAC/AMP, only 3 tracks will be played successively.
I also shut off battery optimazition,but alas to no avail.

You should contact the UAPP developer by email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back