USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 2, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #4,216 of 6,156
Hi all, I have LG G7 ThinQ and was not happy with Tidal app and decided to try UAPP and now Im happy, but I have some noob questions, what I should setup to get best sound quality from MQA, Ive enabled only MQA in “HiRes driver flags“ but there is a lot of other settings. Also when I play MQA it shows for some tracks Direct: 192khz and FLAC: 192khz, but for some other Direct and FLAC numbers are different, what this is means?

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #4,217 of 6,156
So happens I'm playing it just now... :L3000:

0l0Tl80l.png
Try to use seek bar or just play pause button, when playing APE file

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #4,218 of 6,156
The Google Music support in UAPP is extremely buggy. This morning I went to open the app and couldn't even get it to open up without freezing and crashing within a few seconds of the screen popping up. Apparently, it was hung up on some routine related to either loading the Google library or it was broken sync operation with the Google servers. Either way I couldn't even navigate within the UAPP app. It was complete frozen with a blank screen and stuck on the Google window pane.

After attempting to force stop the app, deleting the cache from within the Android settings for the app, I still couldn't resolve the issue. Eventually, the I had to wipe the storage for the entire app and start from scratch as if I did a fresh reinstall. Then of course I had to rebuild my local music library and customize my user settings which is an inconvenience.

I'm throwing in the towel on the Google Music functionality. I held my nose and gulp redownload the YouTube Music app which I generally dislike. But at least it doesn't crash.

I suggest that the developer fix his Google Music feature or just scrap it because it's been buggy for at least 3 years.

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #4,219 of 6,156
Hi all, I have LG G7 ThinQ and was not happy with Tidal app and decided to try UAPP and now Im happy, but I have some noob questions, what I should setup to get best sound quality from MQA, Ive enabled only MQA in “HiRes driver flags“ but there is a lot of other settings. Also when I play MQA it shows for some tracks Direct: 192khz and FLAC: 192khz, but for some other Direct and FLAC numbers are different, what this is means?

There's other people here who know more about MQA then I do but I have to say that the Quad DAC + UAPP is a beautiful combination! I completely stopped using my desktop DAC and Headphone amp in favor of my LG phone.

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #4,220 of 6,156
The Google Music support in UAPP is extremely buggy.

Google Music will completely shutdown this December making room to YouTube Music. Since last month of October they were shutting streaming services internationally. Google Play Music are no longer available in some countries. Link

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #4,222 of 6,156
Yes, that's true but it's unclear if the transition from Google Music to YouTube Music has any impact on UAPP.
I reckon the answer is obvious...

Nov 2, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #4,223 of 6,156
Google Music will completely shutdown this December making room to YouTube Music. Since last month of October they were shutting streaming services internationally. Google Play Music are no longer available in some countries. Link
Yes, that's true but it's unclear if the transition from Google Music to YouTube Music has any impact on UAPP.
I reckon the answer is obvious...

I suspect that if the API has been made available to apps other than the YouTube Music & Video players - then @Davy Wentzler is probably working on incorporating a YouTube Music interface into UAPP.

Nov 4, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #4,224 of 6,156
Can somebody explain please why when I play MQA it shows for some tracks Direct: 192khz and FLAC: 192khz, but for some other Direct and FLAC numbers are different (LG G7 Thinq, Direct number always bigger)?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #4,225 of 6,156
Can somebody explain please why when I play MQA it shows for some tracks Direct: 192khz and FLAC: 192khz, but for some other Direct and FLAC numbers are different (LG G7 Thinq, Direct number always bigger)?

When using a DAC with hardware MQA (such as your LG G7 Quad DAC) UAPP sends the file/track directly to the DAC, without doing any MQA decoding. So it doesn't know for sure what the fully unfolded sample rate will be. Only the decoder/renderer will know that, and the phone doesn't provide a way to show it. The displayed Direct sample rate is UAPP's best guess, which is usually just 4x the file sample rate (the second sample rate displayed).

Edit: Sorry, it's the other way around: The Direct sample rate is the one actually sent to the DAC (file sample rate) and the second rate shown is the estimated unfolded MQA rate.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #4,227 of 6,156
Guys, what would be the best hardware to use this app on? I think this app really does make a difference in sound.

Also, I've been getting into BT headphones/iems lately, and I hope UAPP developer keeps improving BT processing with this app. I really like how Tidal sounds on UAPP with BT devices.

I wish there was a PC version of this app with the tonebooster PEQ.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #4,228 of 6,156
Guys, what would be the best hardware to use this app on? I think this app really does make a difference in sound.

Also, I've been getting into BT headphones/iems lately, and I hope UAPP developer keeps improving BT processing with this app. I really like how Tidal sounds on UAPP with BT devices.

It's an Android app so any good Android-based device would be ideal. What are you running it on now?

I use it on my LG V30+ Android phone where the built-in MQA 'quad-DAC' is used to its best capabilities. I also use it on my Cayin N6ii DAP which is Android-based (and now MQA-compatible) and it improves the sound noticeably.

As for Bluetooth, it's still a compressed technology for the most part so you're not getting the best from your music. You're relying on the DAC inside your Bluetooth headphones to perform the D-to-A conversion. Those DACs are comparatively poor compared to desktop DACs or the DACs in high-end phones. I would recommend wired headphones with your device to get the very best sound quality from UAPP.

Nov 6, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #4,229 of 6,156
Finally bought a Synology DS720+ NAS for my files. Enabled SMB service but seems I could not connect from my UAPP.

Anybody could help me how?

Edit: Got it thru WebDAV

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back