USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 6, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #3,796 of 6,156
On devices with a MQA decoder and MQA renderer built-in, like the V30, UAPP uses these and you get the two MQA unfolds to 176.4/192.Khz. When you buy and use the MQA decoder in UAPP, it can only do the first MQA unfold to 88.2 or 96kHz, since there is no MQA renderer inside the app. An MQA renderer would also need to be different for every DAC used. The first MQA unfold however, is the most important one.

@Davy Wentzler
Hi Davy,
I recently installed UAPP on my venerable LG V30 and it's working and sounding great. I am a Tidal HiFi subscriber, and was just wondering about MQA unfolding via UAPP. "The 2L The Nordic Sound" MQA album on Tidal seem to be a super high 352.8 khz 24 bit album, but UAPP seems to be unfolding it at 176.4 khz under the "direct" setting. It sounds wonderful, and I doubt I could ever hear a difference, but just curious if the 176.4 khz lower number is a function of the DAC chip in the phone or UAPP, or both. Appreciate any insight you can share here, and thanks for the fantastic app.
On devices with a MQA decoder and MQA renderer built-in, like the V30, UAPP uses these and you get the two MQA unfolds to 176.4/192.Khz. When you buy and use the MQA decoder in UAPP, it can only do the first MQA unfold to 88.2 or 96kHz, since there is no MQA renderer inside the app. An MQA renderer would also need to be different for every DAC used. The first MQA unfold however, is the most important one.

@Davy Wentzler
Hi Davy,
I recently installed UAPP on my venerable LG V30 and it's working and sounding great. I am a Tidal HiFi subscriber, and was just wondering about MQA unfolding via UAPP. "The 2L The Nordic Sound" MQA album on Tidal seem to be a super high 352.8 khz 24 bit album, but UAPP seems to be unfolding it at 176.4 khz under the "direct" setting. It sounds wonderful, and I doubt I could ever hear a difference, but just curious if the 176.4 khz lower number is a function of the DAC chip in the phone or UAPP, or both. Appreciate any insight you can share here, and thanks for the fantastic app

May 7, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #3,799 of 6,156
How do i remove "The" from band names from my library.

I think the Library is populated by reading the Tags in the music files. You may have to use a tagging program on your PC, to modify either the Artist, Album Artist, or Track Artist tags in the files you're concerned with.

May 7, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #3,802 of 6,156
true... true...

May 8, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #3,804 of 6,156
So on my LG V20 changing the volume through the physical buttons doesn't work when the app is in the background or when the screen is off.
I have the "use volume rocker buttons" setting checked.
Is there anything I can do to solve this?

May 8, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #3,805 of 6,156
So on my LG V20 changing the volume through the physical buttons doesn't work when the app is in the background or when the screen is off.
I have the "use volume rocker buttons" setting checked.
Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Try disabling that checkbox, leaving it to the phone to adjust AVC volume when pressing the volume buttons. Works for me on V30.

May 9, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #3,806 of 6,156
Hey everyone,

I'm new her so if there is a thread that this is better suited for please let me know. I see the 24/32 bit part of the title but can't find a thread as close as this one is to what i need that is down at 16bit...

Anyway, I am using the xdp-300r and my question is how do I check if uapp is being resampled by android? I'm running 44.1kHz 16bit aiff files as I've recently ripped a ton of cd's and didnt want any degredation of the rips due to upsampling on import.

My next issue is making sure the tracks don't get upsampled by Android during playback in UAPP.

I was able to see the output sample rate/bit depth in the stock player as well as in a sub menu of Poweramp which let me know it was being upsampled by android but I can't find an area of the sort for UAPP ...

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

May 9, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #3,807 of 6,156
It is clear for me, at least using HiBy R5 player, than UAPP playing Tidal is much better than Tidal in both direct 3.5mm headphone output and paired with Chord Mojo.

So, is there an UAPP brother for MacOS or Windows 10? I have listened opinions about Roon and Amarral but I am not sure if they will improve Tidal on MacOS/W10 (I have both platforms).

Thanks for your comments

May 10, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #3,810 of 6,156
Using the UAPP, playing bit-perfect Tidal HiFi via the Chord Mojo (as well as non-bit-perfect via BT ES100).

Recently I stumbled across the Chord Poly (support hirez DLNA over wifi 2.4Mhz).
1. Can it be used via the UAPP?
2. If not, is it planned?
3. Is there a need for a 3rd party UNPP/DLNA app?

Please advice.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back