USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 28, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #3,766 of 6,142
COVID quarantine effects....

🤣🤣🤣🤪

No, no, it wasn't directed at any one poster in particular. I am sorry, I can see how it might have looked that way.

I was merely referring (humorously!) to all our musings about things somewhat unrelated to UAPP.

And then I'm wondering why we haven't heard from Davy so long -- and NOT humorously, hoping he is OK.

You're fine, it really was just a chuckle on my part.

Ok cheers. I seriously don't want to upset anyone. I know it would never happen, but if the devs from PowerAMP, Neutron and UAPP got together and produced an app utilising all the best aspects of each..... I'd happily pay for that... (covid madness at 100%..)

Apr 30, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #3,769 of 6,142
Apologies if this is a noob question. I currently use UAPP on my LG V50 to stream qobuz.

I am thinking of also getting the Topping E30 DAC which I will use with my CD player but which I'd also like to run from the phone to compare the onboard Sabre DAC to the E30 just in case I prefer it. Will LG V50/UAPP allow me to send digital via the USBC port to the external DAC?

Thanks!

Apr 30, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #3,770 of 6,142
Apologies if this is a noob question. I currently use UAPP on my LG V50 to stream qobuz.

I am thinking of also getting the Topping E30 DAC which I will use with my CD player but which I'd also like to run from the phone to compare the onboard Sabre DAC to the E30 just in case I prefer it. Will LG V50/UAPP allow me to send digital via the USBC port to the external DAC?

Thanks!

Yes both phone and DAC are USB host mode compatible, however you will need the proper OTG cable/adapter to connect them.

May 1, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #3,772 of 6,142
I found it hard to find a small usb cable that didn't charge my dac/amps using Android, but as the Topping is mains powered, you'll have no such problems
Yes and even some DACs that are mains powered still use a fair amount of USB bus power current, meaning they will chug-a-lug the phone's battery.

The cable that prevents this is indeed rare and not often well described in listings, sometimes referred to as a two-way OTG (or OTG at both ends) because there is no one end for host and the other for device, it can be used in either direction, unlike many OTG cables that work in one direction only.

The cable for use with the battery powered Oppo HA-2 is such a two-way cable, and it prevents the phone from charging the HA-2. The eBay seller yourcharger does understand what that kind of cable/adapter is and can provide it, at least previously they could. However use of such a cable presumes the DAC needs no bus power at all, and even some mains powered DACs do require bus power, at least for the initial handshake, or they won't work. In that case you are left with using a regular OTG, and that can whack the battery of the host phone pretty fast, depending on how much current it consumes.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #3,773 of 6,142
Yes and even some DACs that are mains powered still dark a fair amount of USB bus power current, meaning they will chug-a-lug the phone's battery.

The cable that prevents this is indeed rare and not often well described in listings, sometimes referred to as a two-way OTG because there is no one end for host and the other for device, it can be used in either direction, unlike many OTG cables that work in one direction only.

The cable for use with the battery powered Oppo HA-2 is such a two-way cable, and it prevents the phone from charging the HA-2. The eBay seller yourcharger does understand what that kind of cable/adapter is and can provide it, at least previously they could. However use of such a cable presumes the DAC needs no bus power at all, and even some mains powered DACs do require bus power, at least for the initial handshake, or they won't work. In that case you are left with using a regular OTG, and that can whack the battery of the host phone pretty fast, depending on how much current it consumes.

Exactly. Found these 2 work very well with a portable set-up, are good quality and are nice and compact:
Screenshot_20200501-182123_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20200501-182036_Samsung Internet.jpg

May 1, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #3,774 of 6,142
I was so happy i discovered this app and straight up bought it after installing the trial version. It truly live up to its name as a pro - giving the best SQ out of the box with little to no configuration.I came from poweamp and I kinda frustrated with its humongous audio settings that little did nothing to enhance the SQ much worse it even colored the sound and make it sound grainy.

May 2, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #3,776 of 6,142
Hi guys, I want to buy Ibasso DC01(which is the only one I can afford). Will UAPP still unfold my MQA's before passing the data to DC01(it doesn't support MQA).?
Would suggest you have a look for Hilidac Atom Pro which have full unfold capabilities of MQA. And yes, UAPP transmit bit perfect signals to external DAC for processing. FYI, iBasso DC01 do not unfold MQA.

May 2, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #3,777 of 6,142
Would suggest you have a look for Hilidac Atom Pro which have full unfold capabilities of MQA. And yes, UAPP transmit bit perfect signals to external DAC for processing. FYI, iBasso DC01 do not unfold MQA.

The Hilidac Audirect Atom Pro Type-C to 3.5mm DAC/Amp - https://www.amazon.com/Linsoul-Audirect-Lossless-Portable-Amplifier/dp/B083FRHFNG
is actually more equivalent to the iBasso DC02 - https://hifigo.com/products/ibasso-...-3-5mm-single-ended-output-port-for-smarphone
since the iBasso DC01 has a Balanced 2.5mm output.

May 3, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #3,778 of 6,142
Question for you all as this is a very long thread: I have selected bit perfect for usb audio and internal hires audio, but the samsung tablet still uses the bit upscaleunder its settings. Is it possible to bypass this upscaler? Thanks.

May 3, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #3,779 of 6,142
I just want tracks played in bit perfect mode to my benchmark dac and that's it.

Edit: now the hires direct and the original android driver make no difference and the bit upscaler stays active on the tablet. Not sure how to have files play in 16 bit if they are in fact 16 bit and not 24.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back