USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 25, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #3,511 of 6,156
Have you tried the Fiio M6?
Hmm. A bit larger than I hoped, as a source streamer only for a E1DA PDV2. But... Seems it may be able to output USB Audio in HD natively, and supports apk installs. Love that it whitelisted Roon. Would like to use UAPP but, if I dont have to.... hmm. Thanx!

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #3,512 of 6,156
Today I’ve been trying for several hours to output sound to an external DAC (Chord Qutest) through the USB interface. All my experiments have shown that DSD is not directly transmitted at all, the program writes that it does not “see” the corresponding DAC. PCM of any sampling frequency (from 44.1 up to 384), as well as DSD with conversion to PCM, is output to the DAC only with 96 kHz parameters. This frequency is shown by the DAC. I tried everything settings, nothing changes. It is very strange, given that the developer of the program declares the exact opposite - a bitperfect transmission. Perhaps this is some kind of incompatibility with the Hiby R6 Pro.
After reinstalling the UAPP program, all sampling frequencies are output to the external DAC correctly.
Why it was different before the reinstallation - I can not understand :)

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #3,513 of 6,156
I once tried Roon. Everything is very sad there (not convenient) with the library for me. And the price is not for everyone :)
I did buy into the Roon eco-system. Mainly to take advantage of Raspberry PI DACs with or without RoPieee. But not only that; linking of multiple zones, time delay, and DSPs top among them. But I agree that there are -numerous- UI/UX aspects I disagree with, very strongly.

Feb 26, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #3,514 of 6,156
Hey @Davy Wentzler I recently updated to Android 10 on my S9 and now my Ztella only seems to work in bit perfect mode...? So I can't use the eq etc with it anymore... I went through all the setting etc. And saw nothing obvious.

Also it all works as expected with the headphones just plugged in directly to the phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #3,515 of 6,156
Say... are there any reps of Audio Evolution / eXtremeSD here; not sure which. Edit: @Davy Wentzler or other...

There is this pretty nifty little Android based player, the FiiO M6, that could be bettered by the use of your UAPP it. However it does not run the Google Play Store. And my attempts at installing the Play store on it failed:

After trying several different versions of installing Google Account, Service Framework, Play Service, and Play, using what worked on my Amazon Fire Tablet it's always the same. First two install. Once Play Service is installed, the Service Framework goes into a loop of 'App has Stopped'. Luckily one can either restart in Safe Mode or click quickly between modal error dialog boxes and uninstall the Play Service.

I had a thought. If we could purchase a separate unlock apk fom you like some other players I purchased in the past, maybe from our phone that has google play if you dont want to deliver it directly which I do understand, then manually copy it to the M6 and side-load install it (FiiO lifted the whitelist restriction, so now anything can be installed on it) like the UAPP app itself, it would not need to check license against the Play Store and we'd be able make use of this fantastic player on that little M6 device.

Thanx!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #3,516 of 6,156
Seems like LG has killed DSD/DoP playback on Android 10.

This is the main reason I'm back on here because I was looking into the V60 (to replace my V40)...but apparently LG has screwed the pooch yet again. PCM conversion is unacceptable for DSD playback because it defeats the whole purpose of this phone's audiophile capabilities! With this phone and quality headphones you can easily hear the difference.

Davy...any news on that front?

Feb 29, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #3,517 of 6,156
There is this pretty nifty little Android based player, the FiiO M6, that could be bettered by the use of your UAPP it. However it does not run the Google Play Store. And my attempts at installing the Play store on it failed:

I had a thought. If we could purchase a separate unlock apk fom you like some other players I purchased in the past, maybe from our phone that has google play if you dont want to deliver it directly which I do understand, then manually copy it to the M6 and side-load install it (FiiO lifted the whitelist restriction, so now anything can be installed on it) like the UAPP app itself, it would not need to check license against the Play Store and we'd be able make use of this fantastic player on that little M6 device.

Thanx!
Same applies to fiio's new flagship, m15, there is an answer from davy saying it might be possible to have uapp on Android devices without play store. I think if enough people will request this, eventually they might make it available.

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #3,519 of 6,156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back