USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 31, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #3,301 of 6,142
Hello Davy,

Latest versions on Windows have minimum requirement for some USB connected Drives Shares for SMB v2 or higher. Now for these shared drives with my Hi-Res content, I can no longer mount. Setting allow CIFS 1.0 in the windows features list doesnt work any longer (for these USB drive shares). I have verified that various file explorers work fine as long as SMB v2 or higher is selected.

Can you begin to support SMB v2 in the app? This is a key requirement for me as I like to enjoy my local DSD files which are all too big to load locally, as well as other Hi-Res content I have.

I have a version which supports SMB v2, but there are problems running it on older Android devices. Until the time we fix this, you could run a UPnP server like MinimServer on Windows.

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #3,302 of 6,142
@Davy Wentzler

Just bought the latest FIIO BTR5 DAC/BT and struggling to get it to work properly with UAPP with tracks above 24/96. They become glitchy and increasing the buffer size has not helped eliminate the issue.

I’m connecting the DAC via USBC to cable to LG v30 mobile. It works fine connected to a windows PC up to 384/DSD256.
Not sure what else I can try to get smooth playback with HiRes tracks.
Any suggestions ?

Yes, please send me an email at info AT extreamsd.com, it's too hard to figure out here.

Dec 31, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #3,303 of 6,142
A big Cheesy double thumbs up for @Davy Wentzler - Indexing scroll bars everywhere in V5.3.4! Many thanks - that saves a shed load of finger wiping!!!!

Dec 31, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #3,304 of 6,142
A big Cheesy double thumbs up for @Davy Wentzler - Indexing scroll bars everywhere in V5.3.4! Many thanks - that saves a shed load of finger wiping!!!!
So much better... And I thought that wasn't possible!

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #3,305 of 6,142
So much better... And I thought that wasn't possible!

When I asked for this a while back, the response wasn't too encouraging. So, I just accepted that it probably wouldn't happen. But then, just downloaded the latest and greatest - and found he had sneaked this pretty big UI upgrade in without so much as a there you go! Few developers listen to their users to the extent that @Davy Wentzler does; its one of the reasons I like this app so much. Dang fine support I say!

Dec 31, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #3,306 of 6,142
Anybody using uapp for streaming to Chromecast audio ? In my case everything is resampled to 48khz while using uapp. Only bubbleupnp and hifi cast sends bit perfect data to Chromecast audio.

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #3,307 of 6,142
Yes, please send me an email at info AT extreamsd.com, it's too hard to figure out here.

Currently I am using a USBC to Micro USB cable with a USBC adapter. I have a feeling the cable/adapter might be causing the problem.
I’ve ordered a new USBC to USBC cable to see if it eliminates the issue. I will get back to once I have tested it.

Jan 1, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #3,309 of 6,142
How do you measure this?
Actually i use chord mojo. While streaming 44.1khz or 96khz or any rate below 96khz to Chromecast audio by uapp, the color is orange which indicates 48hz. But if i use bubbleupnp or hi fi cast the color of sample rate light is as per the sample rate the mojo is receiving, it is not always orange. May be uapp is not communicating to google home app directly which casts music to Chromecast audio.

Jan 2, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #3,311 of 6,142
Hello, i have a question- have you maybe noticed slight sound change after last update or its just my ears? Im using uapp with pioneer 300r and for me the soundstage width slightly improved and mids moved bit back.

It's between the ears.. No changes were done to the audio system.

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #3,312 of 6,142
Feature Request:

Can we have this indexing scroll bar feature on the "Folder Views" also.

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #3,315 of 6,142
Don't you already have Favourites tab on the right side above the play bar?
Ah...it's for Tidal.

For Tidal yes, but for folders no.... Hopefully in the future though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back